MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I thought 185 was at College point...or is that a typo cause before i remember it said 186-229 92 in service now it says 186-229 93 in service

No 185 is still at NESF it's the blueprint. They're going to keep it until everything is done, thats what I heard.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when there buses go to Swap... XD40s & LFS & O7 between Now and November?

UP = 4810-4899, (90 XD40s)

QV = 8000-8089, (90 LFS)

CAS = 7000-7089. (90 O7)

7030-7059 will transfer From UP to CAS

4870-4899 will transfer From CAS to UP

8000-8029 will transfer From CAS to QV

7000-7029 will transfer From QV to CAS

Chances are, it might happen. But for now things are staying as is.

I honestly don't think it will....

I hope it doesn't happen because I like those Orion VII 3G's. I hope QV doesn't get stuck with LFS's but with the way things are going I have a feeling QV may get all. I'm surprise QV still has some 19976 RTS's. They have 3 8700's units along with ENY and the MTA got rid of the 8750 the 1995 bus :(

Pardon me if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but what route is #163 usually on? And also what are the routes I can find an LGA Orion V? And also #101? Oh and I heard #639, and #647 are on the Q19. Is that true?

Edited by CDTA

Pardon me if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but what route is #163 usually on? And also what are the routes I can find an LGA Orion V? And also #101? Oh and I heard #639, and #647 are on the Q19. Is that true?

#163 can be on any of the BP routes you should probably stick around Parsons blvd and 88 Ave and you may have a chance seeing it if its out. Same thing with LGA the Orion's can pop up on any of the routes so its basically all about luck. 639 and 647 can't be on the Q19 because the Q19 runs out of CP and those 2 buses run out of CS(NYCT). Whoever told you that must of had a little too much to drink.

when there buses go to Swap... XD40s & LFS & O7 between Now and November?

UP = 4810-4899, (90 XD40s)

QV = 8000-8089, (90 LFS)

CAS = 7000-7089. (90 O7)

7030-7059 will transfer From UP to CAS

4870-4899 will transfer From CAS to UP

8000-8029 will transfer From CAS to QV

7000-7029 will transfer From QV to CAS

source?

This was supposed to be happening anyway, the next move was supposed to been in effect but I think they're holding back or they are going to keep things as is.

I still think they should swap, maybe not all 59 buses from SI, but maybe send the 3g from UP to SI for their XD40s. Why have 29-30 of each types there?

Why have 29-30 of each types there?

Why have 30 each?? Cause I lovee XD40s so I need some to ride....then there's allison novas....and the inward opening doors with rear facing seats...already got two great buses...then castletons orion Vs....that look brand new...sound great....and move very fast! Plus 3gs...cause their new....so I'm very happy everyday on the S52/S53

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

No 185 is still at NESF it's the blueprint. They're going to keep it until everything is done, thats what I heard.

185 is no longer the blueprint bus. Blueprint buses stay at the manufacturing plant, not at the service center. This is why 5771 and 5896 has not shown up yet, 5771 is the Thermo King Blueprint Bus and 5896 is the Carrier Blueprint Bus. We probably won't see 2252 for a while neither.

185 was sent to us prematurely because at the time the C40LF order was completed (in terms of being built, not being delivered) so they shipped 185, but then Daimler shifted its order to New Flyer, so it was too late.

source?

Do you think everyone will just give up their sources?! Some of y'all don't know anything about protecting your ace in the hole.

Why have 30 each?? Cause I lovee XD40s so I need some to ride....then there's allison novas....and the inward opening doors with rear facing seats...already got two great buses...then castletons orion Vs....that look brand new...sound great....and move very fast! Plus 3gs...cause their new....so I'm very happy everyday on the S52/S53

OK reality check folks.....These fantasy assignments of y'alls will not work...AT ALL! Why, having so many bus types in one location is a logistical and maintenance nightmare as the stock rooms have to stock parts for all the bus types. This is why for the MOST part you don't see more than 3 bus types in one depot. The NBQP or BTE buses were exceptions except now that the qualification period is over they are moving buses around to minimize over-variety at the depots. Now take Ulmer Park for example, when the smoke clears from the bus movements (because the NBQP buses aren't done shifting around), UP will probably only have 4 bus types (maybe 3 if the rumored Prevost move happens). That's what its about. Logistics, Maintenance, Average Fleet Age and Mileage all makes up the decisions on bus movements in the system unless you have the occasional couple of buses show up at a depot if there is a large scale maintenance program in place such as the current repaint program.

Edited by Vintage Soul

For some reason or another BP sent 137 back to the LGA depot...... :wacko:

Because it was a peice of shit, so BP gave you guys back your junk LOL, i heard that bus was garbage, so it might go straight to eastchester and 181 is OOS maybe scrap, 3638-9 might wind up at LGA again or JFK

185 is no longer the blueprint bus. Blueprint buses stay at the manufacturing plant, not at the service center. This is why 5771 and 5896 has not shown up yet, 5771 is the Thermo King Blueprint Bus and 5896 is the Carrier Blueprint Bus. We probably won't see 2252 for a while neither.

185 was sent to us prematurely because at the time the C40LF order was completed (in terms of being built, not being delivered) so they shipped 185, but then Daimler shifted its order to New Flyer, so it was too late.

Do you think everyone will just give up their sources?! Some of y'all don't know anything about protecting your ace in the hole.

So are we getting a "new" 185 or the same one just like what they did with 3960

Damn puts foot in mouth I should have said proof? lol.

Orion V CNG will replace by New flyer C40 CNG ? (491-520, 570-599) 60 buses

SC Hybirds will go back at LGA or JFK

3611-3631 may go back to LGA or JFK ?

3633-3634, 3636-3637 is go back to LGA again?

3638-9 might wind up at LGA again or JFK ?

What?

I don't understand wth you're saying.

3632 SC to LGA. I guess LGA is getting SCs hybrids and JFKs RTSs? This is odd.

To kill the bees.