SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just rode the (7). The flushing bound end was a 5 car set. A lot of the (7) trains have the singles in numerical order and a (1) train car in the middle.

That is because the singles are currently getting SMSed at 207th st yard, and those are no longer singles but 5 car sets. If you notice they have new motors, They sound different and they look new. There are 4 sets out there (but only 3 are being used like this) that were 5 car sets for a while and are on the south end.

The only reason the Bway cars are on there is because the (7) is short on cars (I bet that is pretty obvious), Notice when they first came on the line you would be seeing stuff like 11 singles in one train, that was because they were SMSing the 5 car sets.

Holy shit a friend of mine was taking the (B) from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Highway to school and took it to Grand Street because the conductor was lousy in announcements, I told him to take the (Q) because it has better announcements, we went at it with each other for a few minutes...

So your friend never looked out the window to see the station names?

Hello everybody.I come from France I'm 42,I like all kind of subways and rapid transit rail ,especially the NY Subway.I don't know if I post on the right topic but can someone tell me what would be the total lenght of the network if all the elevated lines were still in place.I think it should be beetween 280 and 300 miles (including the PATH).Thanks a lot.

My 6 train this morning (it was a set in the 7490s), the in-car screen (the one that usually shows the next stop / time) just read out LEXINGTON AV LCL / PELHAM LCL / PELHAM BAY PARK. No next stop, time, "this is" or any of that. What's the story with that? Is that an old version of the programming or a glitch?

My 6 train this morning (it was a set in the 7490s), the in-car screen (the one that usually shows the next stop / time) just read out LEXINGTON AV LCL / PELHAM LCL / PELHAM BAY PARK. No next stop, time, "this is" or any of that. What's the story with that? Is that an old version of the programming or a glitch?

Glitch

Before the route is completely set, sometimes that is shown, it could be a mistake on the part of the train crew.

Hello everybody.I come from France I'm 42,I like all kind of subways and rapid transit rail ,especially the NY Subway.I don't know if I post on the right topic but can someone tell me what would be the total lenght of the network if all the elevated lines were still in place.I think it should be beetween 280 and 300 miles (including the PATH).Thanks a lot.

The revenue length of the NYC Subway is over 600 miles alone, so I'd estimate about 1200-1400 miles all together... 200-300... :lol:

My favorite G.O. code is the (N) to Canal Street on the R46... live for the day I see that one in service lol

Edited by Threxx