SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

On 3/10/2024 at 7:29 PM, Maxwell179 said:

oh please , that is a very valid reason to farebeat , nobody is about to sit here for attempt a bunch of work arounds if their metrocard or OMNY isn’t working. If my train is coming , my train is coming 😂 and the last part of your statement is full of shit too, the average rider whether they pay their fare or not , they’re not doing all that extra shit , we’re all just tryna get from point a to point b. Now no doubt , im not putting farebeating past those ppl doing all that other stuff but let’s not blame everyone for the choices of a select few 

Ok. Don’t say a thing if a street clothes person pulls out a badge and takes you to an enclosed room and ask you questions on why you didn’t pay your fare and you better come up with a straight laced answer. So take them words back. Because what I say is good because even getting busted for farebeating is on your record for 7 years. 

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

It usually happens during off peak hours (8p-4:30a). There was a since got deleted video of it posted on fb/ig and I myself used to see lewd acts performed while I’m waiting for the train to come. For me I don’t get involved because I don’t want myself being in a situation that can lead to violence. I’m like let it be because it not my call. 

Guess it just boils down to personal experience which I can see to some extent, but obviously my experience is much different than yours. 

2 hours ago, Ale188 said:

I just went onto the MTA website, and I see a (5) to Utica. What a strange moment.

During the rush hours, (5) trains start and end at Utica Av due to Flatbush Av capacity. Early mornings and late afternoons are to and starting from the Livonia Yard. 

Edited by Calvin

On 3/13/2024 at 8:13 PM, Calvin said:

* I don't mean to share everything I see constantly but this is for everyone's safety. 

Please be aware of strangers and your surroundings. This is a message as it's said not to play with fire but actually the case. 

This was just. plain. sick.

This as noted in the video actually happened on February 5.   Why he would throw cans of fire at anyone is anyone's guess. 

I’m making paper NYC subway trains, and I want you guys to tell me which ones you want to see on paper:

R1-9

R10

R11/34

R12

R14

R15

R16

R17

R21/22

R26/28/29

R27/30/30A

R32 (completed one car, number 3741, on the (C)

R33ML (making in the process)

R33WF (also making in the process)

R36ML

R36WF

R38

R40S

R40M/42

R44/46

R62/A

R68/A

R110A/B

R142/142A/188

R143/160/179

R211A/S/T

Let me know what you wanna see in papercraft form!

Edited by Ale188

7 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

That must have been awkward to run that R211 on the (N) route at SAS stations but have guards at each door preventing the average commuter from getting on for the St Patrick’s Day Parade. And imagine the delays to the regular service

No, because once the train was loaded up at 86th street, it ran non-stop to 23rd to drop them off. We do this every year for the 69th after the parade. used to be on the Lexington line before the SAS opened. 

It's legitimately listed in the system as the "Troop Train". 

Last night I rode the (E) from Manhattan during the late evening for the first time in a long while and it’s still as brutal as I remembered. This time it had to pick up the slack for the lack of (7) service to Manhattan, it has to serve all the local QBL stops and it’s being slowed down by the usual QBL track work.

I do understand that the (MTA) has limited time during the weeks to get work done in general but when the (7) is cut off between 74th/Broadway to Hudson Yards, there should not be any work done along QBL. Last nights crowding and slow crawl is why I usually take the LIRR or the express bus.

Speaking of (7) why is it taking forever for them to get the Manhattan bound platforms 82nd and 111th streets reopened? 

On 3/17/2024 at 3:12 PM, Kamen Rider said:

No, because once the train was loaded up at 86th street, it ran non-stop to 23rd to drop them off. We do this every year for the 69th after the parade. used to be on the Lexington line before the SAS opened. 

It's legitimately listed in the system as the "Troop Train". 

Ohhh okay. So it only stopped at 86 St and 23 St