SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if Queens Blvd will be fully local during late nights once the (F) is back running all times along 63rd St. If so, then the (D) and (3) would be the only late night express lines.   

The (F) already makes local stops during the overnight hours. That change happened a year ago for CBTC work.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

@Kamen Rider hey, is LES 2nd Av controlled by West 4th tower now, or does someone have to manually go to the tower at 2nd Av to operate the switches?

West 4th tower doesn’t control anything anymore under normal circumstances. It has been superseded by 34 Master.

2nd avenue, however, is under a different tower, Essex Street Master.

21 hours ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if Queens Blvd will be fully local during late nights once the (F) is back running all times along 63rd St. If so, then the (D) and (3) would be the only late night express lines.   

Only for the time being. Once CBTC work on Queens Blvd (East of Union Turnpike) is finished, then maybe the late night (F) Express will return to normal.

Really random question: after the (A) departs Howard Beach JFK on the N/B track. I hear this *cli-cli-cling* noise as the train passes by over a certain portion of track. Doesnt matter what fleet im on, its been making that noise. It's not harmful or anything, but im just wondering what causes that noise. 

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Really random question: after the (A) departs Howard Beach JFK on the N/B track. I hear this *cli-cli-cling* noise as the train passes by over a certain portion of track. Doesnt matter what fleet im on, its been making that noise. It's not harmful or anything, but im just wondering what causes that noise. 

I hear that sometimes, don’t know exactly what it is.