•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * * 11 votes
    Official

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

official

20725 replies to this topic

#1 EE Broadway Local

EE Broadway Local
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,514 posts
    • LocationSoutheastern Arizona

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Welcome to the NYC Transit Forums Bus Random Thoughts Thread!
    Please post anything bus related that doesn't really require a seperate thread - Service delays, Service alerts, favorite and least favorite things, ideas, memories and thoughts about NYC buses - TA, MaBSTOA, MTA Bus, local and express. Also feel free to post random thoughts about LI Bus, Huntington Area Rapid Transit, Suffolk Transit, Bee Line, Putnam Area Rapid Transit, Former PBLs and Streetcars - Third Avenue Railway, B.M.T., PCC cars, etc.
    "To every thing, there is a season, and a purpose to every thing under the heaven......." Ec 3:1

#2 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 26,970 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

Not riding any express bus today for the first time in a long time. Feels weird... ;)

BxM1-RIVERDALE1_zpsb9eeb015.gif

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN - BUY "MADE IN USA" PRODUCTS

#3 3rd Avenue El

3rd Avenue El
    • Pip
    • 454 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

can you imagine the delays on these routes. i hate this. except the last one that always happen theres no way to stop it. but freezing bus routes i hate it. it always has to be the critical routes not the regular ones

Posted: 03/29/2011 11:32AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a Presidential visit in New York City, please expect "temporary" freezes throughout upper and midtown Manhattan for the entire day and evening. The following bues will be affected:

BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM7A, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11 and BxM18 buses.

Please allow for additional travel time.

Posted: 03/29/2011 11:32AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a Presidential visit in New York City, please expect "temporary" freezes throughout upper and midtown Manhattan for the entire day and evening. The following buses will be affected:

M1, M2, M3, M4, M7, M10, M35, M60, M72, M79, M86, M96, M98, M100, M101, M102, M103, M104, M106 and M116.

Please allow for additional travel time.

Posted: 03/29/2011 12:50PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to ongoing FDNY activity in the vicinity of 30th Avenue and 37th Street, please expect delays and detours on Q18 bus service at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 FamousNYLover

FamousNYLover
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,647 posts
    • LocationJackson Heights, NY

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

They forgot the express buses from Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island as well as M15 buses.

Please support ban on USDA-violation Animal Cruelty Circuses Coles Brother and Ringling Brother Circus. Please Support Mayor Blasio for banning inhumane Horse Carriage. Please support Long Island Jobs with Justice/Long Island Bus Riders Union for education and improve Bus System. Please support Long Beach for safety.

#5 3rd Avenue El

3rd Avenue El
    • Pip
    • 454 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

They forgot the express buses from Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island as well as M15 buses.

i heard on my scanner that the M15 was going to be rerouted through the FDR drive so the reroute would not be complicated and would not take to long. as they say +SELECT BUS+ needs to be fast. [small joke]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 FamousNYLover

FamousNYLover
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,647 posts
    • LocationJackson Heights, NY

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

I think it properly not going to reroute.
    On last President visit, M15 Local/SBS were on regular street with heavey delays.

Which FDR Drive?
    There's no way bus could use FDR Drive north of 42nd St Exit.

Please support ban on USDA-violation Animal Cruelty Circuses Coles Brother and Ringling Brother Circus. Please Support Mayor Blasio for banning inhumane Horse Carriage. Please support Long Island Jobs with Justice/Long Island Bus Riders Union for education and improve Bus System. Please support Long Beach for safety.

#7 Turtle

Turtle
    • 10,145 posts
    • LocationThat neighborhood in Brooklyn you're most likely afraid to visit

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

They are make the 42 St stop on 40/41 Sts, then all buses are gonna use the 1 Av tunnel

#8 mark1447

mark1447
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 12,011 posts
    • LocationDriving on NJ/NY Route 17

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Idk whats the purpose of a random thought thread for buses as we can make a thread for discussion or use the other random thought.

But anyways ;).. DOT still has to fix a few bus signs around. They got an M2 sign at 147th/Bway....... West Farms has an rts #8947........ And man i wish the Q44 was an +SBS!
    -Mark1447
    Like Transit? Click me to check this Youtube Channel! [IRT (2)&<5> Line Productions]

#9 3rd Avenue El

3rd Avenue El
    • Pip
    • 454 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Idk whats the purpose of a random thought thread for buses as we can make a thread for discussion or use the other random thought.

But anyways ;).. DOT still has to fix a few bus signs around. They got an M2 sign at 147th/Bway....... West Farms has an rts #8947........ And man i wish the Q44 was an +SBS!

i wish the bx19 was +SELECT BUS SERVICE+ the street is wide enough for it and its perfect. just wish it would happen. i mean its perfect the ridership and operating hours come on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 EE Broadway Local

EE Broadway Local
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,514 posts
    • LocationSoutheastern Arizona

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi mark1447! Grand Concourse and PATCOMan made a friendly suggestion in a thread I started that I thought sounded good and had merit to try. I thought a Subway and a Bus Random Thoughts Thread might actually help reduce a lot of these little service change, service alert, 12-9 and random threads that have been appearing by giving members a thread to post them in. If a member then reads them and wishes to comment, that's wondful. Maybe help to reduce some of the clutter, so to speak. Some of these - especially service changes and alerts are short term.

"To every thing, there is a season, and a purpose to every thing under the heaven......." Ec 3:1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official, official