BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I thought the S46 was going to make the ferry, but I missed it. Then I had to do an errand in Lower Manhattan, and after an errand in Lower Manhattan, I had to go up to Midtown. I saw a (C) waiting at Fulton Street, but it was Brooklyn-bound, and when I saw High Street, I was like "Crap". So the (A) came going back uptown and I transferred to the (F). (My original plan was to take the (4)(5) to the (7), but I saw the (C) waiting and figured what the hell).

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be able to fan the Q50 & Bx26 today. :)

So that's the end of the original paint scheme on D60s...5543 just got a repaint, couple weeks after 5575 was overhauled as well. Shame, I liked those oddballs with the ten year old coats of paint.

5608 is another fresh overhaul with the new scheme, though that one had a whiteback before too.

So that's the end of the original paint scheme on D60s...5543 just got a repaint, couple weeks after 5575 was overhauled as well. Shame, I liked those oddballs with the ten year old coats of paint.

5608 is another fresh overhaul with the new scheme, though that one had a whiteback before too.

lol... And I bet they're not naked either... Should've taken pictures.  :lol:

So I thought the S46 was going to make the ferry, but I missed it. Then I had to do an errand in Lower Manhattan, and after an errand in Lower Manhattan, I had to go up to Midtown. I saw a (C) waiting at Fulton Street, but it was Brooklyn-bound, and when I saw High Street, I was like "Crap". So the (A) came going back uptown and I transferred to the (F). (My original plan was to take the (4)(5) to the (7), but I saw the (C) waiting and figured what the hell).

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be able to fan the Q50 & Bx26 today. :)

Alright, now to continue the story. I took the <7> to Flushing, but I couldn't find the Q50 stop. I asked a dispatcher, but he pointed me in the wrong direction. Then I asked a Q12 driver, and (I think) a Q17 driver. Then I saw the Q50 pulling out, so I had to chase it down to Northern Blvd, which was where I should've just walked anyway. She (grudingly) opened the door for me, and for another guy who was running. She was being line trained, so another B/O was telling her to turn left, turn right, close the back doors, etc.

So then as we were going from PBP to Co-Op City, I asked a woman sitting next to me which stop would be best, if it was the first stop after getting off the expressway or the second one. She said the first was better, and I walked up to Bartow and saw a Bx26. I ran under the expressway and caught it. During the trip, a woman had a ton of bags, so I held the back door for her while she exited. (There was also a wheelchair passenger on the bus). I was the last one on the bus at Paul Avenue, and I saw a Bx22 waiting there. That bus was fairly empty when it left (partially because it was an artic), but it filled up pretty quickly once we passed the (4) station. We hit some traffic on Fordham Road, plus the fact that there were a ton of people getting on. The bus started emptying out once we hit Morris Park Avenue (and by that I mean it went from being full about 3/4 of the way to the back to eventually getting a seated load once we got out of Parkchester). But then a the (6) station, there was a pretty big crowd waiting over there.

So then I took the (6) to the (4) (which was delayed a bit and got pretty crowded), and then took the ferry to the S62.

What a day as far as CNG buses goes with the Q35 today. In the morning I get O5 9846 just as I was walking to the bus stop and at the junction c40lf 600 was just pulling out. Later at night, despite the 10~min wait, I get c40lf 577 on the way back. It was crowded and I was the only person standing at the back (no surprise as everyone else was standing at the front and near the door). I am glad the standing space is narrower at the back (meaning I used my elbows to maintain my balance than to hold on both sets of railing). That bus can really haul ass. 

Edited by Grand Concourse

Something I noticed today...

After taking the B39 over the bridge (could've easily taken the (J) lol), I looked at the destination sign (it was an RTS) and noticed they are starting to spell out the words completely. Like before the cuts, it read...

WILLIAMSBURG

BRIDGE PLZ (thick letters)

...but now it's saying

WILLIAMSBURG

BRIDGE PLAZA (thin letters)

This B/O is starting to become annoying...  He usually stops the bus right where the big opening is in the scaffolding so that I can get on.  Recently, however, he pulls the damn bus way past me and I'm left with a tiny little sliver to get on the bus with the friggin' scaffolding right there.  I mean talk about ridiculous.  I don't know what he was thinking but with the bolts sticking out from the scaffolding someone can get hurt if they're not careful.  In addition to that I don't know what part of SUPER EXPRESS does he not get but I do not appreciate these additional stops being made and it seems to be becoming the norm.  SUPER EXPRESS is just that... SUPER EXPRESS!  <_<  It's "nice" that he wants to accommodate additional passengers who have shorter commutes while further elongating our commutes.  <_<

So the M103 runs from 2nd Av now, seems legit 

M103126thStDepot_zps8cb0b4c1.png

Next you're going to tell me the M103 comes out of Tuskegee Airmen Depot instead of the much closer 126th St Depot.

I do wish the Point-to-Point feature was still in Trip Planner, I really liked that.

Last I checked, the M101, M102 and M103 all come out of Tuskegee Airmen Depot...

After taking the B39 over the bridge (could've easily taken the (J) lol), I looked at the destination sign (it was an RTS) and noticed they are starting to spell out the words completely. Like before the cuts, it read...

WILLIAMSBURG

...but now it's saying

WILLIAMSBURG

Probably a marketing scheme to make it clearer as to where it goes... You'd be surprised at how dumb people are...  <_<

WILLIAMSBURG

...but now it's saying

WILLIAMSBURG

Yeah, I noticed that as well. On the S46, instead of typing "Castln" (or however they spelled it), they now spell out "Castleton". I think they still spell out "Plz" instead of "Plaza", though.

^ They changed a lot of signs, new M1 reading as well.

So 5545 got a fresh coat of paint, but in the old scheme. Has to be one of the last to get that.

--

Lol, guess somebody did a little codebreaking on 5026, rear sign is stuck on SBS...

Edited by MHV9218

How dumb did they have to be come up with that? Ramming a truck at higher and higher speed to move it? And assuming that nothing would break when you drove a truck into it? 5th grade intellect level really showing there, guys.

They could of flatted the damn tire but NOOOOO...! <_<

Everybody's to blame here.... Notice the guy nodding his head. lol ^_^

Edited by Metro CSW

Came across these videos.

Were the #600 Orion V CNGs part of the MTA or were they ex-private?

And I didn't even know that the Orion VI was still running around 2009. I thought they were retired earlier.

Edited by GojiMet86