BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

So how are the Bees doing? A while back I heard they were crapping out.

and btw, the "new" paint scheme isn't new at all, if you look at the Ex Bee Orion V's, some of them have the new scheme but were painted a while back.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the newer buses (i.e. the Orion VIIs and the Novabus LFSAs) there are announcements when the doors open and close. I know when the doors close the announcement is "Doors Closing", but for whatever reason I can't really make out the announcement when the doors are opening. Does anyone know what it is?

Edited by Mysterious2train

On the newer buses (i.e. the Orion VIIs and the Novabus LFSAs) there are announcements when the doors open and close. The know when the doors close the announcement is "Doors Closing", but for whatever reason I can't really make out the announcement when the doors are opening. Does anyone know what it is?

"Touch yellow tape to open door" "Doors opening"

On the LFS its "Touch yellow handle to open doors"

arent LGA's RTS more than 20 years old already? thats what one of the drivers there said.

and now LGA is getting more of them :D.

btw I spotted 8009 at LGA, I dunno if thats a new arrival or not. Also all the buses now have the new "plane" signage for the Q72. Only the Ex-Bee's don't have them.

Because LGA sucks, they don't take care of their own buses and deserves only the old buses till they can get their act together. Plus they have some NGs. Other depots deserves the newer buses like Ulmer Park.

I just got off the Q85 bus. As I was boarding at Jamaica Center, this fool tried to skip me on line. He didn't try that with the guy in front of me. I held my arm out and said, "Excuse me." He mumbled some sh*t but did nothing. Of course this wouldn't have happened on an EXPRESS BUS.

I just got off the Q85 bus. As I was boarding at Jamaica Center, this fool tried to skip me on line. He didn't try that with the guy in front of me. I held my arm out and said, "Excuse me." He mumbled some sh*t but did nothing. Of course this wouldn't have happened on an EXPRESS BUS.

I don't get why people form lines at buses and get mad when someone "skips" them on the "line". I mean, you all gonna get on the bus so does it really matter? I ignore the lines even though people will get mad at me and curse but most of them wouldn't DARE go up 2 steps to the back on LF buses because it would force them to use "energy". I usually go to the back to be part of the solution and not the problem.

Do you really have to bring up the Express Bus? You know what thats gonna start...

For the lines, if the bus is already crowded [meaning limited space], I think it does matter. ex: I'm waiting like 20min already and some a-hole that just got off the train a minute ago thinks they are going to skip me and make me wait another 20min for the next one? Hell no!

Now if it was the first stop, then people need to chill the f*ck out about it.

Exactly, I thought we were over this already? We get it he loves them, we don't need to read about it again for the 1000th time. We don't need another express vs local bus bs war.

Life ain't perfect, there will always be a-holes out there.

Hell, I do wish harm comes to people that disrespects me [like cars that speeds past a red light at high speeds, pedestrians that crosses on don't walk signs, etc.]. All you can hope for is in the grand scheme of things/karma, that they will get their 'just rewards'.

8904 out of 126 is dead...big dent on the front above the right turn signal

smh...

3 mcdonald av bound B35's back to back to back @ 42nd/church @ 12:17 am......

what is wrong w/ this picture....

Me want the bus to go to ah party :)

smh...

3 mcdonald av bound B35's back to back to back @ 42nd/church @ 12:17 am......

what is wrong w/ this picture....

Wasn't there a shooting along the B35 route last night? The way it looked on the news, the cops closed off the street. Could have caused a detour and FUBAR'd B35 service.

8904 out of 126 is dead...big dent on the front above the right turn signal

Me want the bus to go to ah party :)

LOL, there are a few bars/lounges within the vicinity of that stop(Church and E.42St):tup:......