BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One less 34st crosstown bus with a GPS on it.

One broke down at the terminal at Waterside (I was walking over the overpass to work earlier at that time) and there was a Bus Mainainence truck parked behind it.

About 90 minutes after that, I went downstairs on my break and I saw the RTS rolling by under the overhang

One broke down at the terminal at Waterside (I was walking over the overpass to work earlier at that time) and there was a Bus Mainainence truck parked behind it.

About 90 minutes after that, I went downstairs on my break and I saw the RTS rolling by under the overhang

That explains a lot. Do you by any chance have the broken down bus #?

Yes, Church and E.48St.

Yes... and I was about 1/2 hour away from possibly gettin caught in that s***....

Me & my cuzzo had went & got some chinese food that saturday... I don't know (in front of what bldg) where the actual shooting took place, but I'm willing to bet it was in front of either one of those 3 stores next to the chinese food place:

- in front of that damn booty parlor

- in front of that record store, or

- in front of that other resturant/catering place

...either way, it's always some always some BS happening on that side of the block, esp. on a saturday night....

She (my cousin) went back out to Kennedy's (utica/snyder)... calls me up & was like, yo, somebody got shot by the chinese store... all of church av is blocked off...

All I could do is *smh* & tell her.... "what else is new"....

but make sure you get your black a** back home...

hey changed the lane assignments at Williamsburg Bridge Plz. They finally put the Q59 in the terminal. The order used to be...

Lane 1: B24

Lane 2: B44

Lane 3 (biggest lane): B46

Lane 4: Q54

Lane 5: B60

Lane 6: B39 (after the service cuts, it sat vacant)

Now the order is...

Lane 1: B24

Lane 2: B44

Lane 3: B46

Lane 4: Q59

Lane 5: B60

Lane 6: Q54

On the newer buses (i.e. the Orion VIIs and the Novabus LFSAs) there are announcements when the doors open and close. I know when the doors close the announcement is "Doors Closing", but for whatever reason I can't really make out the announcement when the doors are opening. Does anyone know what it is?

Those back door announcement are so annoying every time I ride an NG on the B47.