Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

Thanks RTS4Life for the help, the instructor says my problem is that I'm going too far out on my 45 degree turn, so when I start to back up I'm already to close to the curb so when I bring in the bus I hit it. He gave me three chances at first and I hit the curb all 3 times. He gave me another chance after everyone else and I got it right that time. That seems like what I have the most difficulity with. What should I expect tomorrow for day 5?

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, they have this Virtual Reality simulator at Zerega. They put you in a Bus Operator seat with all the controls, steering wheel, break, accelerator, etc and there is a screen that shows a 360 degree view of a virtual street where you can drive the virtual bus. There is traffic, pedestrians just like the real thing. I really didn't like it though and one of the other trainees got a little sick from it. It doest help with the El pillars though.

Those bus simulators cost well over $100,000 each. How many do they have?

There is also a computer game which I have (City Bus Simulator 2010)

M42 line, RTS Bus.($34.26 for the download). A few times while pulling

out of a bus stop I clipped the car parked in front, lol. I do get an adrenalin

rush when I floor the gas pedal.:cool:

Everyone is doing well, like I said in a previous post, I gotta get my parallel parking down better but so far so good. Yes we do ALSAPS everyday and the inspection inside and out. I actually have been studying all the air break checks and tests today. I believe I'm ready to show them that I can drive the bus the next 2 days.

Well day 5 was OK besides hitting a curb on 81st and Central Park West coming out of the park and making a left today when I had a real brain cramp and hit a curb while making a right turn on 3rd ave and 24th st. I made all the hard turns correct like the acute left at Union Sq and others. The instructor said the ride was good, I just had a brain fart. I think I'll be good for day 7 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Well day 5 was OK besides hitting a curb on 81st and Central Park West coming out of the park and making a left today when I had a real brain cramp and hit a curb while making a right turn on 3rd ave and 24th st. I made all the hard turns correct like the acute left at Union Sq and others. The instructor said the ride was good, I just had a brain fart. I think I'll be good for day 7 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Best of luck on day 7. I know you'll do well. You worked this hard to get where you wanted, so you will be successful.

good luck!!!!you'll be ok.you have been blessing all of us who are waiting with valuable info!!!!your gonna make it!!!!

Remember to take your time and there's no rush or race to the finish line, keep us posted, good luck....

Those bus simulators cost well over $100,000 each. How many do they have?

There is also a computer game which I have (City Bus Simulator 2010)

M42 line, RTS Bus.($34.26 for the download). A few times while pulling

out of a bus stop I clipped the car parked in front, lol. I do get an adrenalin

rush when I floor the gas pedal.:cool:

I have that game too , do you know how to do the bus engine sounds?

When you making a turn right or left, you must look at the mirror to make sure that rear tires not hitting the curb. Don't forget you are driving a 40 ft bus. Good Luck & you will pass.

David:cool:

I have that game too , do you know how to do the bus engine sounds?

All I know how to do is under options set E to start the engine and T for throttle. :confused: You can ask that in the forums. Have you tried the route editor?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/283-city-bus-simulator-general-discussion/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all