MCI loses NJT bid, guess who wins...

The Real

The purchase of 76 CNG cruiser buses will replace an aging fleet, improve service reliability and increase revenue due to higher seating capacity. The new buses will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandates and will also incorporate technologies to reduce exhaust emissions as prescribed by the Clean Air Act Amendment. With the completion of this purchase, the average fleet age for all buses will be six years.

Authorization to enter into a contract (No. 11-047) with DesignLine USA of Charlotte, North Carolina, for the purchase of 76 CNG cruiser buses plus spare parts at a cost not to exceed $45,562,284, plus five percent for contingencies, subject to the availability of funds.

(Source: NJT)

Evidence of award:

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=BidResultsTo&pkId=4365

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=BoardAgendaTo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....NJT was so sure of MCI winning that all you heard was MCI talk. This is shocking, and crappy CNGs at that. MCI and NJT goes a long way.

At first thought I was thinking prevost when I seen the thread.

Anyways its obvious these buses are going to Howell to displace those crappy CNG 40footers.

This is going to bite njt in ass. Does Designline even make coach style buses?

Good lord, what a surprise! When I first read this, I thought this was a deal with Prevost or one of the other Motorcoach manufacturers, but Designline?! This will be highly interesting.

Oh god DesignLine BETTER not screw this order up like they did the Ecosaver. It better not be ugly nither. Where the hell's Prevost right now?

The TURBINES is what screwed over Designline, they built a solid bus, it was the turbines and such that screwed them over.

Ayo. This isn't a Late April Fools joke, is it? NJT has been using MCI's before I was even born. What the hell is NJT thinking? What the hell was MCI NOT doing to cause them to lose this bid to "DESIGNLINE" ?!?! Oy. At least it'll be Howell's baby and not anyone elses. This I have to see.

Ayo. This isn't a Late April Fools joke, is it? NJT has been using MCI's before I was even born. What the hell is NJT thinking? What the hell was MCI NOT doing to cause them to lose this bid to "DESIGNLINE" ?!?! Oy. At least it'll be Howell's baby and not anyone elses. This I have to see.

Atleast I dont gota put up with it lmao. Howell drew the short stick. But im still speechless. I wana know wth happened with MCI.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't one of the CNG MCIs get an engine change from the Series 60G to the ISL-G? How did that work out and what was the outcome?

I just can't believe it......................

Since when did DesignLine make cruisers?

how did MCI lose this contract? They've been with MCI for years.

What do you think these CNGs will look like? (I feel like I ask this too much)

It probably wont be cruisers, but suburban/express versions of their regular models.

Suburban type buses, they may as well have just ordered CNG NABI Suburbans if they gona do all that; or just get rid of the CNG program period. The current cng 40s run like crap.

Well they better hope this works out cause if not they gona be sorry they didnt go with MCIs.

Archived