Traffic Checker (MaBSTOA)

Markwin25

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have those who signed up for this exam received their letters yet? It's nearing the November 7th test date.

And do they let you know if you weren't selected? (What's up with this lottery crap anyway, MTA?)

They contact you. Usually, well when DCAs handled the exams they would send the notice of examination at the latest 4 days before the exam. If you didn't hear anything on that thursday before the exam, you had to go downtown to get a notice of examination card. Since the MTA is handling their own exams I have no idea how things are going to work. But in any case give 180 livingston a call three days before the exam if you don't hear anything.

Have those who signed up for this exam received their letters yet? It's nearing the November 7th test date.

And do they let you know if you weren't selected? (What's up with this lottery crap anyway, MTA?)

I have signed up for the Traffic Checker exam and I got my letter in the mail today that I got selected to take the exam on November 7th. Just wondering how to prepare for Traffic Checker exam and is there a study guide for this exam? The letter only stated to bring some No.2 pencils, Calculator, Watch, Eraser to the exam.

Edited by bknightshadow45
Added content

I have signed up for the Traffic Checker exam and I got my letter in the mail today that I got selected to take the exam on November 7th. Just wondering how to prepare for Traffic Checker exam and is there a study guide for this exam? The letter only stated to bring some No.2 pencils, Calculator, Watch, Eraser to the exam.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hopefully they send me mine.

Online application. It even says payment was a success.

I and a few others didnt get it. Ether I wasn't selected or its late in the mail. Im gonna head to Brooklyn today to see if I got accepted. Especially since it says if you didnt get the admission card, to head down to Livingston Street.

Just to update. Those who didn't get contacted / received the admission card, must wait until Jan 1st, 2011. The test is being divided to other dates as well, besides Nov 7 (as per a customer service rep). It seems like a LOT of people must of applied. No info on how many..

If you dont get the card by Jan 1st, you need to call them back.

Heres the number you can call for questions, etc.. 347-643-8085

Just to update. Those who didn't get contacted / received the admission card, must wait until Jan 1st, 2011. The test is being divided to other dates as well, besides Nov 7 (as per a customer service rep). It seems like a LOT of people must of applied. No info on how many..

If you dont get the card by Jan 1st, you need to call them back.

Heres the number you can call for questions, etc.. 347-643-8085

You do mean January 1, 2012 right? I haven't exactly mastered time travel yet.

Mark Traffic Checking is a Citywide operation and they are located off of Flatbush Avenue Extension in Brooklyn I use to hold that position it's alright for someone right out of High School going into College as it is a Part-Time position they are all over the place doing surveys in all five Boroughs including the Subways & SIRTOA

They are apart of Operations Planning and thus their surveys determine which lines get additional service or a decrease in service based on ridership

I use to hold that position MaBSTOA Traffic Checker from 2001 to 2005 and when did u start???

David

HART Bus Operator

Tampa,Florida:cool:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I checked my answers, and I calculated that I got a 94. Not bad at all. Three questions wrong. Good luck to anyone else.

You should be a shoe in then. This is not one of the more popular MTA exams (i.e. C/R, T/O and B/O exams), so a score a 94 is fantastic. I scored that on my S/A exam back in 2004 and had a list number in the mid 300's.