Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the announcement about the requirements, "2. A Motor Vehicle Driver License from the State of New York and a Learner Permit for a Class B Commercial Driver License from the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no restrictions."

I have restriction "B" on my class D driver license which is for corrective lenses, will that counted as restriction in the class B?

In the announcement about the requirements, "2. A Motor Vehicle Driver License from the State of New York and a Learner Permit for a Class B Commercial Driver License from the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no restrictions."

I have restriction "B" on my class D driver license which is for corrective lenses, will that counted as restriction in the class B?

Not at all, I recently went to 180 Livingston and it was fine. I have that same restriction as well. As long as you can pass your vision test with your corrective lenses you will be fine.

Thank you, youngblaze.

Also, what is the best time to get my permit? I had a permit before, but it only last for one year, from what I understood, they may not call me for years, if they call me at all.

If I were you I would try and get the full CDL-B with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements just so that there's one less obstacle for you to climb. I wish I would have done that so all I would have to worry about was qualifying on Day 7 when I am put into a class.

If I were you I would try and get the full CDL-B with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements just so that there's one less obstacle for you to climb. I wish I would have done that so all I would have to worry about was qualifying on Day 7 when I am put into a class.

That is the way I see it as well among others on the list who got their CDL's

on their own through a cdl driving school. More importantly keep your CDL

clean as that is the most important thing in your wallet. It is your meal ticket.

I would think most if not all pass the DMV road test(2 attempts)after they

qualify for the MTA. So if somebody does fail the DMV road test twice do they

get fired or do they give them a chance to get it on their own?

Thank you, youngblaze.

Also, what is the best time to get my permit? I had a permit before, but it only last for one year, from what I understood, they may not call me for years, if they call me at all.

Go apply for a CDL B Permit and try to get the CDL B DLs beforehand that way its less stress on you.

Go apply for a CDL B Permit and try to get the CDL B DLs beforehand that way its less stress on you.

Thanks for the advice I am going to jump on My cdl right away

Why is the payment field showing pending?

Do we have to down load the eetp form an send it in?

Thanks

Hello everyone how are you all doing?I have registered for exam 2301 and like all the rest of you waiting for my list#.I use to operatoe out of Flatbush depot in brooklyn,ny and Jackie Gleason depot.I enjoyed my time as a bus operator but due to circumstances after 10 years i had to relocate.I have always missed this job that we're all trying to get into and as a word of thought for all you when you get the offer,cherish it and stay true to the job,this to me at least was the best job i ever had and i hope i can return and finish out my career here at the TA.

Hi All,

Im new here and this is my first post/comment.

So like many of you i signed into my account and applied for the 2301 Bus Operators "test". I went through the process of entering all of my payment and credit card info. On the last confirmation page after i hit submit, the next screen that comes up says that: The page had timed out and for my security I should log back in and go through the process of paying again. I go and check my credit card transactions and right there this is a pending charge from NY Transit Authority for the $61.00. That was back on 9-12-11. As of today the payment has cleared and the status of payment with the exam.nyct site still says "Pending". I cant do the process again because it says that Ive already registered for the exam. and of course theres no help number or email. Can any one assist? should I just wait another day to see if the status changes? Dont wanna lose out on this opportunity or money for that matter.

Thanks

Me too I applied for the test 2 days ago and even got the confirmation email that I paid for the test. But when I checked today it also says payment status pending. I guess after reading through the posts I will have to wait until the filing period is over to find out if it changes.

Thanks, guys. The first reason that I am not thinking about getting the CDL-B before the training is that so many people in the forum said the instructors like people with permit only. The second reason is that I am not a professional driver; that means if I don't get a job as a bus operator then it's very unlikely I will need a CDL-B and some people told me if I am not driving for living then better just keep the regular license.

Beside that, the impression I got from the forum is that if you passed the qualifying test then most likely you will pass the road test.

What do you guys think?

Going in with a CDL takes the stress of off you because you have the theory behind driving a large bus or truck. You dont want to be in a situation where you cant even pass the permit test while you just got hired(it happens to a ton of new drivers here at njt). Atleast get the permit beforehand or the full cdl-b if you already have the permit. I never thought I would be driving a bus or never thought I would need a CDL. I wanted to go to law school but as you see things change things happen. Having a CDL as a back up even if you think you dont need it is a great idea.

Not everyone can get a CDL because they dont have a clean record, so dont take it for granted because you think your not going to need it, because you never when things will change. There are a ton of people who wish they could have a CDL but cant.

Me too I applied for the test 2 days ago and even got the confirmation email that I paid for the test. But when I checked today it also says payment status pending. I guess after reading through the posts I will have to wait until the filing period is over to find out if it changes.

Do you think we have to down load the eetp education form ?

Do anyone have a clue

Going in with a CDL takes the stress of off you because you have the theory behind driving a large bus or truck. You dont want to be in a situation where you cant even pass the permit test while you just got hired(it happens to a ton of new drivers here at njt). Atleast get the permit beforehand or the full cdl-b if you already have the permit. I never thought I would be driving a bus or never thought I would need a CDL. I wanted to go to law school but as you see things change things happen. Having a CDL as a back up even if you think you dont need it is a great idea.

Not everyone can get a CDL because they dont have a clean record, so dont take it for granted because you think your not going to need it, because you never when things will change. There are a ton of people who wish they could have a CDL but cant.

Thanks, I think you are right, I will get the permit asap, but I don't think I can afford the class to get the license yet because I don't even have a job now.

Do you think we have to down load the eetp education form ?

Do anyone have a clue

No need to panic and no need to download anything the status will change to SUCCESS a couple of weeks after the filing period has closed I know this because I encouraged my sister to apply for the Traffic Checker title and the status now reads SUCCESS

It is getting close to closing time on this "Lottery" September 27.....tick tock tick tock.....

Me thinks that this 2301 is going to be HUGE....you have a much higher

unemployment rate these days then from the previous MTA Bus list.

That having been said you are going to have all of these two faced white

collar boys applying, these are the same people who put down blue collar

workers and especially unionized workers.

That these kinds of jobs are "beneath them".....

If they ever get hired they most certainly be put in place at their

respective bus depots.

No need to panic and no need to download anything the status will change to SUCCESS a couple of weeks after the filing period has closed I know this because I encouraged my sister to apply for the Traffic Checker title and the status now reads SUCCESS

Thanks so much I was wondering

How did you sister do did she get chosen in her lottery

Archived