MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

16 hours ago, King Transit said:

This was at Broadway Junct. before being sent to FB Depot

That Baby Blue theme would of look much better as the NYCT buses color scheme. At night the current new scheme makes the bus looks dark on the road and the only way you can tell its a bus coming down the road at night is by the  destination sign and the LED head lights.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Same here. I said the XD60s Quill has will go to FB and people were like “that doesn’t make any sense!” And now look.  

I feel like one thing is said here, one person recites it, someone bash what was said, and eventually what was said ends up happening.

Facts lol 

Just for the long run, it was pretty obvious that the 4700's were going to Brooklyn sooner or later. Like @East New York said, the plan was just simply delayed. The only "surprise" I seen the last few months was LFSA being assigned to GA in the first place. 

For now expect 4700's to hit GA and later on ENY. FB dosen't seem to be in the plans for 4700's now.

20 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just for the long run, it was pretty obvious that the 4700's were going to Brooklyn sooner or later. Like @East New York said, the plan was just simply delayed. The only "surprise" I seen the last few months was LFSA being assigned to GA in the first place. 

For now expect 4700's to hit GA and later on ENY. FB dosen't seem to be in the plans for 4700's now.

Yeah but even still when I even brought up the 4700s a while ago some people said the plan was scrapped and it wasn’t happening. Now long and behold it was “always” “supposed” to happen even though it was “scrapped”. 

Even though things change constantly no one can really blame anyone for just going back and saying what was said on here in the first place. 

So I’m guessing  the LFSA from MCH will go to kingsbridge and gun hill to push out those XD60s to Brooklyn 

(89 buses 1200-1204, 1206-1289) 44 gun hill, 45 kings bridge 

it makes since lol

BTW if anyone is keeping track we have 1 month left until those RTS are supposedly retired 

Edited by Melbx15

2 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

So I’m guessing  the LFSA from MCH will go to kingsbridge and gun hill to push out those XD60s to Brooklyn 

(89 buses 1200-1204, 1206-1289) 44 gun hill, 45 kings bridge 

it makes since lol

BTW if anyone is keeping track we have 1 month left until those RTS are supposedly retired 

Except it doesn't make sense buses MCH only has like 55 buses...the rest of the 1200s are already at KB/GH. U would still need another 35 ish buses to make up.

8 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

That Baby Blue theme would of look much better as the NYCT buses color scheme. At night the current new scheme makes the bus looks dark on the road and the only way you can tell its a bus coming down the road at night is by the  destination sign and the LED head lights.

Speaking of that, this is also why I'm still drawing the XE60 this week in cuomo version. I also wished to rear caps are off. Also, did it pull away from the depot today ? If not, I'll see about tommorow and days after.

Just now, JFK Depot said:

lol y’all got newer ones... Flatbush is ok with XDs right now... 73xx’s were expendable 🤷🏾‍♂️  It’s happens often in the world of MTA 😂😂😂😂

Newer buses?.... The only newer buses we received was for the sbs46 which was the 7600's. But it looks like Flatbush depot will receive hand me down buses from other depots in order to remove the current 40 RTS.

2 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Newer buses?.... The only newer buses we received was for the sbs46 which was the 7600's. But it looks like Flatbush depot will receive hand me down buses from other depots in order to remove the current 40 RTS.

Some of those xd40s (newer ones) should be unwrapped and put into local service. Hence the word should. 

1 minute ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Those 7600s were the replacements.... Your XD60s are brand new... what more do you want really ?  The NGs are the only hand me downs you get and those will probably come from Staten Island

Flatbush Depot Age is good... once RTS is gone 

5 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

Those 7600s were the replacements.... Your XD60s are brand new... what more do you want really ?  The NGs are the only hand me downs you get and those will probably come from Staten Island

Flatbush Depot Age is good... once RTS is gone 

But you are forgetting that those newer bus are only assigned for specific route and not local services. The NGs we are receiving are outdated and will soon become another set of buses the public will soon complain again about they only riding old buses 

46 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

The NGs are the only hand me downs you get and those will probably come from Staten Island

Or they may come from Kingsbridge. 

55 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

lol y’all got newer ones... Flatbush is ok with XDs right now... 73xx’s were expendable 🤷🏾‍♂️  It’s happens often in the world of MTA 😂😂😂😂

I’ll let the Flatbush ops answer this question here. However, from observation even with the high RTS count Flatbush still manages to make service. 

51 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

.... That’s correct. Mean while the rest of the division is getting new XD40’s. Again, the (L) train shutdown affected a lot of the moves. Hence the 38 XD40’s at West Farms eventually heading to either Ulmer Park, Grand Avenue and Fresh Pond once West Farms gets more buses.