New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

Geez guys.... Why are people bickering about where they feel the XD60's belong.... It's up to the MTA to decide where they will go.... Last time it was slated to go to KB, GH, and OH.... If the MTA decides other wise, I'm very sure that ENY will let us know.... For now, Iet's chill out and wait until we get further news....

About the renumbering, Not sure why this happened but hey, It doesn't matter to me because they are still the XD60's!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you looked at ridership stats for the B44 and B46? They have more ridership than every single route at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge. FLA needs artics. Brooklyn is the boro that always gets cheated... :angry:

So B44 has more ridership than Bx12? In fact it's only one rank ahead of Bx1/2

So B44 has more ridership than Bx12? In fact it's only one rank ahead of Bx1/2

I said both in general, and the B46 definitely has more ridership than the Bx12. FLA has more high ridership routes than Kingsbridge or GH, so that's why this decision is unfair...

Have you looked at ridership stats for the B44 and B46? They have more ridership than every single route at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge. FLA needs artics. Brooklyn is the boro that always gets cheated... :angry:

Both also have a big farebeating problem and people still crowds the front of the bus to get off instead of going to the back. I may like the artics, but I don't think they should run on the FB routes. Plus off peak hours service is inconsistent and would just get worse with fewer and longer buses. (before someone says 'leave earlier'): I do leave early, but it shouldn't take over 20 min on the B41 after 9am for a bus to show up.

Aree u crazy or stupid...brooklyn doesnt need every new bus that comes out....Cheated Out...u buggin....brooklyn got Orion VII OG Orion VII NG Orion VII 3G New Flyer C40LF New Flyer XD40 maybee the Nova LFSA Nova LFS and Prevost X3-45....thats every new bus from 2006...cheated out....explain how they get cheated out?? if they get the Xd60s instead of LFSA YAYY! if not..then ok....got the LFSA

Aree u crazy or stupid...brooklyn doesnt need every new bus that comes out....Cheated Out...u buggin....brooklyn got Orion VII OG Orion VII NG Orion VII 3G New Flyer C40LF New Flyer XD40 maybee the Nova LFSA Nova LFS and Prevost X3-45....thats every new bus from 2006...cheated out....explain how they get cheated out?? if they get the Xd60s instead of LFSA YAYY! if not..then ok....got the LFSA

First of all, watch how you talk to me please, that's not tolerated by me... Brooklyn needs every new bus that comes out because it's the largest borough! Or have you been under a rock somewhere?

Both also have a big farebeating problem and people still crowds the front of the bus to get off instead of going to the back. I may like the artics, but I don't think they should run on the FB routes. Plus off peak hours service is inconsistent and would just get worse with fewer and longer buses. (before someone says 'leave earlier'): I do leave early, but it shouldn't take over 20 min on the B41 after 9am for a bus to show up.

The B41 is screwed because of Flatbush Avenue, the B44 or B46 aren't nearly as bad. The B46 has the second highest ridership in the country, and it dosen't have artics? Something's wrong here...

First of all, watch how you talk to me please, that's not tolerated by me... Brooklyn needs every new bus that comes out because it's the largest borough! Or have you been under a rock somewhere?

The B41 is screwed because of Flatbush Avenue, the B44 or B46 aren't nearly as bad. The B46 has the second highest ridership in the country, and it dosen't have artics? Something's wrong here...

Brooklyn needs new buses to retire the older buses, but as long as they have good maintenance, they don't need to have every new bus.

So what if they have high ridership? Usually artics means service cuts because they are longer buses. But off peak hours those buses aren't as packed. 40' buses are just fine. One traffic jam and you create a backlog. It's already bad when I used the M15/101-103 lines in the past. I don't see the need for them in Brooklyn. (SBS being the exception.) Besides, how often do you ride the B46? I ride that at least 2-3 times a week if I get fed up with the B41.

So what if they have high ridership? Usually artics means service cuts because they are longer buses. But off peak hours those buses aren't as packed. 40' buses are just fine. One traffic jam and you create a backlog. It's already bad when I used the M15/101-103 lines in the past. I don't see the need for them in Brooklyn. (SBS being the exception.) Besides, how often do you ride the B46? I ride that at least 2-3 times a week if I get fed up with the B41.

Look at my location. I've lived in Brooklyn my whole life. I've used the B41/44/46 my whole life, I know what I'm saying here...

ummmmm, last time I checked, Queens is the biggest borough...unless I been living under a rock myself this whole time. What you trying to say is that Brooklyn is the most populous borough.

Brooklyn ain't the only borough in this city, other boroughs need buses too. Besides, Flatbush is getting a piece of the LFSA pie soon so be patient

ummmmm, last time I checked, Queens is the biggest borough...unless I been living under a rock myself this whole time. What you trying to say is that Brooklyn is the most populous borough.

Brooklyn ain't the only borough in this city, other boroughs need buses too. Besides, Flatbush is getting a piece of the LFSA pie soon so be patient

I meant populous, geographic area has nothing to do with buses...

Well, I think Brooklyn has waited long enough for the artics it needs...

Guest MTA Bus

Most of you seem to forgot that Flatbush Depot will get LFSAs in early 2013. However, I do agree that Brooklyn could use some more artics. (Mostly Flatbush, maybe ENY)

If we were to be patient all the time, these threads would not exist.

Well you constantly complaining that Brooklyn needs more buses isn't gonna make the people up at the plant build the buses any faster

When they get here, they get here...simple as that

No it's going to the Bronx. Brooklyn has the xd40 already. The Bronx gets cheated out of new buses.

O ! cause you some type of MTA god & knows whats going where , cmon you messing with the MTA here they do as the friggin please ok , things change . so this No its going to the Bronx, thass as of now it can make its way anywhere it wants... thanks

Well you constantly complaining that Brooklyn needs more buses isn't gonna make the people up at the plant build the buses any faster

When they get here, they get here...simple as that

lmfaoooo , this sounds like a father talking to a son....

Archived