New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2024 at 2:37 PM, NJTE said:

So that’s why I’m seeing more and more Market trippers on the 159

Market St is a disaster. When I went there for training, there's no space. No wonder that depot has the most accidents in the depot itself.

MC’s are not standing room only friendly. This is why I don’t allow standing room it increases dwell times as well as customer tension on the bus. The only exception I allow standing room only if I know I’m the last bus for the night.

16 hours ago, davemackey said:

Need VINs or plates. Still have not positively ID’d these coaches.

I would help, Dave, but it’s becoming  difficult keeping up with the constant shuffling and reshuffling. At this stage, the rosters are not settled just yet. 

4 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

It doesn’t make any sense that Fairview is sending all the 06 D4500CLs to Wayne when they are already receiving D4500CTs from various private bus operators.

It’s cuz Fairview is getting 2021 coaches, Fairview is already down to one CL, 9027

22 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

21245, and 21248

21245 and 21248 were fire damaged. 21245 caught fire in December 2021 and has not been seen since (but a photo from January showed it was repaired with a new rear panel) although still with Coach USA colors. 21248 was last seen at the Suburban Transit overflow lot in late 2022.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:07 AM, TyBusLover1 said:

It doesn’t make any sense that Fairview is sending all the 06 D4500CLs to Wayne when they are already receiving D4500CTs from various private bus operators.

I'm wondering if they're just running the 9000s and 7100s until their inspections expire or as long as they're good for. Wayne is at nearly 250 buses now so I doubt the number will stay that high.

I also remember Wayne was originally supposed to get 21191-21240 (which is 50 buses) back in early 2021 - guessing this means Wayne will get 50 of the ex-private carriers 21000s.

Edited by JLiu15

10 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

21245 and 21248 were fire damaged. 21245 caught fire in December 2021 and has not been seen since (but a photo from January showed it was repaired with a new rear panel) although still with Coach USA colors. 21248 was last seen at the Suburban Transit overflow lot in late 2022.

I'm wondering if they're just running the 9000s and 7100s until their inspections expire or as long as they're good for. Wayne is at nearly 250 buses now so I doubt the number will stay that high.

I also remember Wayne was originally supposed to get 21191-21240 (which is 50 buses) back in early 2021 - guessing this means Wayne will get 50 of the ex-private carriers 21000s.

Yeah ik they were. I believe they may've been repaired but I'm not sure if they're still with Suburban or back with NJT I mean.

28 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah ik they were. I believe they may've been repaired but I'm not sure if they're still with Suburban or back with NJT I mean.

I'm pretty sure they were fixed under Suburban Transit since it was at a different repair shop (not NJT CMF) and it had Coach USA livery on the rear after it was repaired.

Edited by JLiu15

On 3/19/2024 at 6:04 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

21234 at Wayne. This one was idled I believe.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:53 PM, davemackey said:

Need VINs or plates. Still have not positively ID’d these coaches.

21234 VIN is 1M8PDMNA4MW016282 confirmed through inspection. 21236-21238 still show inspection at Coach USA Paramus as the most recent one.

Edited by JLiu15

On 3/20/2024 at 10:07 AM, TyBusLover1 said:

It makes a lot of sense...Wayne is getting more buses to retire the 9000s and 7100s, this would just speed up the process. Also lessens the maintenance load at Fairview.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:17 PM, biGC323232 said:

The main arguement for what i saw is that Fairview dont need MCI...all i did was beg the differ..Its gotta be some what a benifit if they choose to send them there.....I cant speak for increase in ridership for the lines..I also touched on the fact that they also got 45 fts buses to train drivers who where used to 40 fts and nabis and the fact that fairview eventually gonna be a merge garage which also gonna require them...Thats the reason those 40  fts they do got is being moved...Me personally all fairview lines can have them....i also heard that market st drivers are starting to train for 45 fts from wayne

It's not so much the fact that they don't need the MCIs, but if they had routes that would allow them to use the MCIs more properly, then yeah, they could use them.

Having been on their routes with these new 45fters, from a logistics standpoint, it's terrible. There's way too much stop-and-go happening on those fairview routes(especially the locals) for those MCIs to be used reliably. The dwell times go up, and people bring their luggage and other things onto the bus, delaying everyone. It makes more sense for them to be fully 40fter/artic than for them to have 45ft MCIs in which their practicality is questioned. It was a little better when they had the D4000s.

On the R routes, it's not that bad, the locals, it's terrible, and the 158 is just as bad.

Fairview should just be 90% artics and 10% 40 footers. The ridership signifies that much.

Any run that has a cruiser should be done from a depot that can actually handle them, like Meadowlands. I remember I was on the X-board and got assigned a 156 run and it was crushloaded, not to mention the amount of times I had to stop and give change (why Fairview still isn't exact fare is beyond me) had me running 20 minutes behind on every trip. I had a cruiser even though the run called for a 60 footer but we had none available at the time.

14 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

It makes a lot of sense...Wayne is getting more buses to retire the 9000s and 7100s, this would just speed up the process. Also lessens the maintenance load at Fairview.

It's not so much the fact that they don't need the MCIs, but if they had routes that would allow them to use the MCIs more properly, then yeah, they could use them.

Having been on their routes with these new 45fters, from a logistics standpoint, it's terrible. There's way too much stop-and-go happening on those fairview routes(especially the locals) for those MCIs to be used reliably. The dwell times go up, and people bring their luggage and other things onto the bus, delaying everyone. It makes more sense for them to be fully 40fter/artic than for them to have 45ft MCIs in which their practicality is questioned. It was a little better when they had the D4000s.

On the R routes, it's not that bad, the locals, it's terrible, and the 158 is just as bad.

I get what your saying 100 percent and i agree...Fairview back in the day was just artics and 40fts suburbans with a few MCIs...Fairview lines isnt the only lines used by Mcis that suffers from the problems u mentioned above tho...NJT maybe should have ordered more artics rather Mcis.....So how do you fix this problem...Me personally trade some Mcis to meadowlands for some of their artics and 40fts...Otherwise they gonna stay at fairview cause what other garage can take them

Edited by biGC323232

11 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

I get what your saying 100 percent and i agree...Fairview back in the day was just artics and 40fts suburbans with a few MCIs...Fairview lines isnt the only lines used by Mcis that suffers from the problems u mentioned above tho...NJT maybe should have ordered more artics rather Mcis.....So how do you fix this problem...Me personally trade some Mcis to meadowlands for some of their artics and 40fts...Otherwise they gonna stay at fairview cause what other garage can take them

They aren't, but Fairview's routes are the most prominent with that issue. Oradell's routes are definitely similar to Fairview's in terms of design, but the type of usage between both garages is different, same for Market Street.

The 550 Artic bus order is supposedly going to allow the 150s to become fully artic. When that, or Ridgefield Park happens remains to be seen.

Edited by Cait Sith

11 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

They aren't, but Fairview's routes are the most prominent with that issue. Oradell's routes are definitely similar to Fairview's in terms of design, but the type of usage between both garages is different, same for Market Street.

The 550 Artic bus order is supposedly going to allow the 150s to become fully artic. When that, or Ridgefield Park happens remains to be seen.

Oh ok....I didnt know Transit was expecting more artics...Makes sense fair enought

21245 plate OYB8805 per inspection report. We're getting close to OYB9000-series.

Also, not sure why some ex-Coach USA 21000s still show their most recent inspection report at Coach USA despite having entered service with NJT. This is the case for 21236-21243, 21247-21249, 21252, and 21254-21255. I do know that self inspections do not get posted - not sure if that's the reason.

Edited by JLiu15