Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh ohhh. I'm having trouble tracking down my birth cert and ss card and I have to report Wednesday am.!!!!!! Anyone have some insight as to what may happen in this situation? I'm going to dig through my file cabinet when I get home from work, worse case I can get a copy of birth cert mon or tues, but the ss card takes 10 days.

You are gonna need em RTO Waits for no one... They may skip you over and tell you to come back... Edited by RTOMan

Uh ohhh. I'm having trouble tracking down my birth cert and ss card and I have to report Wednesday am.!!!!!! Anyone have some insight as to what may happen in this situation? I'm going to dig through my file cabinet when I get home from work, worse case I can get a copy of birth cert mon or tues, but the ss card takes 10 days.

If you're still having trouble finding them, they will accept a passport instead of the birth certificate. As far as the SS card, you can go to the SS office, apply for a replacement card and at the same time get an abstract print out from them that states your name and your social security number. When I went in for my DT, I couldn't find my SS card either. I called the number on the letter and that's what they told me

Found my birth certificate , thanks for the heads up snow block list is moving quickly and this forum has helped me to gather all info I'm going to need ..gl to sevenz this morning!!

Thanks, I'm up nice and early, eating my wheaties, getting my voice ready to be heard.. lol.. nah j/k.. waiting till 9am to make the call, hopefully they'll pick up and hopefully nobody will have a bad case of Mondays..

Moose u want the B Div right??? I'm not sure wat div I want yet..B Div has more route options and more trains which would keep things interesting

probably cuz its seems like I would do a bit less traveling. I just hope I have enough seniority where Im in the top 20 to pick my division and not worry about it. The A division is supposedly easier but IDC nothings easy viz i have no idea what all the rules and signals are. Im going in deaf dumb and blind haha......well minus the deaf and blind part

So how are we supposed to go dressed when going in for the first time? I just got off the phone with them and they told me to come in today, however, I didn't ask how to dress..

Did they ask you to come down for the drug test or something else? If it is for the DT, did they explain why you didn't receive a letter. GOOD LUCK!!

So how are we supposed to go dressed when going in for the first time? I just got off the phone with them and they told me to come in today, however, I didn't ask how to dress..

Just like business casual. Button down and khakis or something like that. But when you go for orientation after you get sworn in you wear a dark blue collared shirt and black pants.

Like mentioned b4 be polite but get the info u want its ur right and ur career no matters how unhappy the person sounds they r getn paid and it's there job..and like metioned ask for the person that deals w the subway division gl man

I did exactly as you said and was successful in them transferring me to a "Mrs Robinson" who didn't pick up the phone the 1st time but quickly answered my voicemail. I was grateful she called me back and we were able to resolve my situation! So it looks like I didn't go through a bad case of "Moday's" as previously anticipated!

Business casual.... Whatever that means. Cackis and a polo maybe?

LoL! Thanks, I went in today in my work clothes and nobody even said anything to me. I was there only to pick up the packet that I didn't receive in the mail however, but when I read the pre-employment packet, it specifically stated that to wear "Business Casual" attire.

Did they ask you to come down for the drug test or something else? If it is for the DT, did they explain why you didn't receive a letter. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I only went down there to pick up the pre-employment packet that I was supposed to receive in the mail but never did. So I didn't actually do anything today. However, I must report in this Wednesday morning at 0730 with the completed pre-employment packet (which isn't 21 pages like mostly everyone else said, unless I have it confused with another packet we might get).

Just like business casual. Button down and khakis or something like that. But when you go for orientation after you get sworn in you wear a dark blue collared shirt and black pants.

Well, lets hope that everything goes well for these next couple of meetings in which I can begin wearing those dark blue collared shirts with black pants. #herestodafuture

And whats the difference between the one I got now and the one I'm going to get? Do they compare both to see if theres a difference in answers?

One is five pages, the other is 21.

Yes, they will be checked for consistency. Read the directions thoroughly and answer all questions truthfully and as completely and honestly as you are able.

Yes, they will be checked for consistency. Read the directions thoroughly and answer all questions truthfully and as completely and honestly as you are able.

Lol, yes one is 21 pages...and that one asks you to date back to when you graduated high school....and for education they want everything back to elementary school!! That's a real background check!

And like subwayguy said, don't lie about anything...if they find out, you'll get the boot!

Lol, yes one is 21 pages...and that one asks you to date back to when you graduated high school....and for education they want everything back to elementary school!! That's a real background check!

And like subwayguy said, don't lie about anything...if they find out, you'll get the boot!

They want elementary school??? wow thats crazy

probably cuz its seems like I would do a bit less traveling. I just hope I have enough seniority where Im in the top 20 to pick my division and not worry about it. The A division is supposedly easier but IDC nothings easy viz i have no idea what all the rules and signals are. Im going in deaf dumb and blind haha......well minus the deaf and blind part

How did u pass ur medical if you cant see and hear =P