Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what list# they are up to? I am in the mid 700's. Does anyone know what to do if I move before I recevie the letter? thanks in advance for the help.

I took the drug test yesterday. List number in the 470's. I expected more people to be there I counted less than 35. Whatever you guys do when you get called for the drug test make sure you bring everything they asked for in the letter. Quite a few people were sent home because they didn't have all the correct documents and won't be processed until they have them.

Hey Everyone......finally got my letter to come in tomorrow.....I wanted to post my info as well as inform everyone thats waiting what they all want to know......this forum has been very helpful and fun to read since pain-staking wait was underway since the test was take over three years ago, lol......here is my info.....

My list is #486

Received letter past Friday to go to Brooklyn for what reads like a hearing and possible vision test? No mention of drug test but after all i have read i will assume its happening tomorrow, 12/12/12....7:30 am in business casual attire. Was also told that i obviously wont make the december school car but can possibly make one in january as per the nice lady who picked up the phone when i called the number on the letter.

I could not find my social security card but requested a new one at the ss office....theyre everywhere.....its free and you just need to bring ur licence to get one. It will take two weeks but ask them for the form showing you requested it and you will be good for mta when you go. They told me not to worry about a hs diploma so i wont bring it....(i hope she was right as i couldnt find mine).

I hope all my info helps everyone. It always suprised me how everyone took steps in the process and never identified what list # they were.....probably the most important info for everyone else on here.....

I have a few questions for everyone if i may .....

Im assuming if you wear glasses that wont go against you? correct?

If i paid a ticket for smoking a cigarette on a subway about 25-27 years ago do i have to check yes on question #2 ?

if i do check yes....what do i need to do if i dont remember the details?

does anyone know right now what is the highest list # that made it to the last school car scheduled which is next week?

is it 40 pwer school car class? if so and im guessing apporximately 250-275 was the last # called for this schoolcar......whats the best guess on when my list #486 will get in? Just trying to schedule my life that will be turned upside down now, lol.

And finally.......what can i expect as far as a schedule for schoolcar? evenings? weekends? rotating times?

Anything anyone can provide to help with my questions would be greatly appreciated !!!

I will certainly provide step by step details on everything i will go through going forward....good luck to all !!!

Dont forget the .0375 haha. I wonder why they Make the cents portion of the salary go all the way to the ten thousanths lol

Petty cost savings, that's the MTA's specialty. Sure they might save like $5 per employee per year vs rounding up to $30.04, but that's $5 they can waste spend on something else.

Edited by paulrivera

Why???

One thing about working down here dont bother to ask "why" they do chit.. All it will do is give you headaches..

You can say its crazy or stupid yes hey i went through the same thing when i started minimum wage.. I didnt care i had a job that i wanted to have so that didnt bother me at all.

No, i read in one of the TWU contracts that the first week is minimum wage. These guys say its 2 weeks. Either way, its true

SMH...where in the hell did you read that... sucks for you if you recieve minimum wage in your first paycheck. You will need to call wage adjustment at Livingston St... You guys spread the most ridiculous rumors on here

Hey Everyone......finally got my letter to come in tomorrow.....I wanted to post my info as well as inform everyone thats waiting what they all want to know......this forum has been very helpful and fun to read since pain-staking wait was underway since the test was take over three years ago, lol......here is my info.....

My list is #486

Received letter past Friday to go to Brooklyn for what reads like a hearing and possible vision test? No mention of drug test but after all i have read i will assume its happening tomorrow, 12/12/12....7:30 am in business casual attire. Was also told that i obviously wont make the december school car but can possibly make one in january as per the nice lady who picked up the phone when i called the number on the letter.

I could not find my social security card but requested a new one at the ss office....theyre everywhere.....its free and you just need to bring ur licence to get one. It will take two weeks but ask them for the form showing you requested it and you will be good for mta when you go. They told me not to worry about a hs diploma so i wont bring it....(i hope she was right as i couldnt find mine).

I hope all my info helps everyone. It always suprised me how everyone took steps in the process and never identified what list # they were.....probably the most important info for everyone else on here.....

I have a few questions for everyone if i may .....

Im assuming if you wear glasses that wont go against you? correct?

If i paid a ticket for smoking a cigarette on a subway about 25-27 years ago do i have to check yes on question #2 ?

if i do check yes....what do i need to do if i dont remember the details?

does anyone know right now what is the highest list # that made it to the last school car scheduled which is next week?

is it 40 pwer school car class? if so and im guessing apporximately 250-275 was the last # called for this schoolcar......whats the best guess on when my list #486 will get in? Just trying to schedule my life that will be turned upside down now, lol.

And finally.......what can i expect as far as a schedule for schoolcar? evenings? weekends? rotating times?

Anything anyone can provide to help with my questions would be greatly appreciated !!!

I will certainly provide step by step details on everything i will go through going forward....good luck to all !!!

I wear glasses...... A far as your questions regarding your history/background read the 21 page instruction booklet that comes along with your 21 page background booklet you have to fill out. Do exactly what it says and you can't go wrong.

Once you get into schoolcar which I am currently in now you will be giving a schedule for the entire course so you know where you will need to be and the time. You may have to report on weekends too (My class was told to report too schoolcar on a Sunday to make up for Thanksgiving day that we were off).

Once you start road posting later on in the course you will have to work ALL shifts. So for about 3 weeks you will work a different tour each week.

Edited by elantra06

What u just said is true. But I wouldn't worry about that stuff now. Just take one day @ a time n ya'll r gonna b fine.

I wear glasses...... A far as your questions regarding your history/background read the 21 page instruction booklet that comes along with your 21 page background booklet you have to fill out. Do exactly what it says and you can't go wrong.

Once you get into schoolcar which I am currently in now you will be giving a schedule for the entire course so you know where you will need to be and the time. You may have to report on weekends too (My class was told to report too schoolcar on a Sunday to make up for Thanksgiving day that we were off).

Once you start road posting later on in the course you will have to work ALL shifts. So for about 3 weeks you will work a different tour each week.

They pay minimum wage during the first week ONLY. #1 it's because they need to get a million people to come down and talk to you and your pay goes towards paying for their taxis (if you think HR folk ride the train then you are dumb) and #2 because a good number of new hirees storm out once they find out that they have to work midnights or once they see the third rail jumper cable video and they still gotta get paid for their time, so the TA doesn't waste full pay on quitters.

If you get a perfect 100 on the final exam, you will receive back pay for the first week to get you up to the $30.

They pay minimum wage during the first week ONLY. #1 it's because they need to get a million people to come down and talk to you and your pay goes towards paying for their taxis (if you think HR folk ride the train then you are dumb) and #2 because a good number of new hirees storm out once they find out that they have to work midnights or once they see the third rail jumper cable video and they still gotta get paid for their time, so the TA doesn't waste full pay on quitters.

If you get a perfect 100 on the final exam, you will receive back pay for the first week to get you up to the $30.

This is ALL True