Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Wow I guess they are really close to the 8098 list. I just got a letter from DCAS saying congratulations you have been found qualified in the education and experience test for train operator 8098. Anyone else get any letters yet?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are not close to the list yet sorry .

All it means is they are Contacted all the people that would

qualify to become a train operator based only on the employment and education factors

I don't know about that.. they are more than half way through the promo list already. atleast it is a sign that the wheels are in motion down at DCAS and progress is in the works.

exactly this could only be the beginning of good things to come for us on 8098 at least its something. I think they are closer to calling ppl from 8098 than ppl think. I wouldnt be surprised and I heard it from someone that works for the MTA that anyone under the list number of 1000 has a realisitic shot at being called in the next year and half. Hope its true.. GL to every1 and keep us posted on any updates ;)

hey guys was wondering saw a thread on here about the OC BO Exam and someone was saying they were abusing the 1 in 3 rule. Is the 1 in 3 rule used in OC Exams or just Promos??

It can be used on both, but must be with some legitimate reason. Read that thread for more detail on what the rule entails and how it works.

Funny when i took the 1st open competitive test back in 2000 i dont recall getting a letter like that After.

I do recall going back to take some kind of test in Brooklyn though, didnt get any results in the mail from that one.

Then that Sept of 01 i got the letter in the mail saying "come on Down we want you to be a Train Operator"..

i wanted to know if everyone on the list that passed teh exam got this letter or just people with low list #'s ....?????? My # is 480 something, not sure of the exact......i will feel a little better if only those below 1000 or 500 got one.........why would the city bother sending a letter out if they werent even close to hiring process (maybe within a year??). Any input on the higher that 500, 750 or 1000 list # and whether or not you got this letter would be appreciated......see all you guys at the train operator picnic one day!!! Good luck everyone !!!

Got that letter today too. Seems like that should have been tested for once the letter about passing the test was done. Are there really people on the established list that will be disqualified at this stage?

That I can almost be sure of. I bet some who took the exam may not have read that one of the requirments was "must have 5 years fulltime job experience". It even said to if they are found not to have meet it there fee for the test will not be refunded.

Got that letter today too. Seems like that should have been tested for once the letter about passing the test was done. Are there really people on the established list that will be disqualified at this stage?

yes people will be disqualified at this stage

if they don't meet the experience and/or education

criteria , If you receive a disqualification letter you can always appeal . I received one for station agent and I appealed and had the disqualification reversed .

I don't know about that.. they are more than half way through the promo list already. atleast it is a sign that the wheels are in motion down at DCAS and progress is in the works.

When I read the chief a week ago they said on the promotional that between list numbers if i remember in the 300's up to about 650 thier were 100 positions availible. So I am thinking they sent out letters to everyone in that gap which would leave about 200 and something left on the promotional list. If that is so that list will be done around mid Feburary. I was talking to train operator a few weeks back and he said a lot of conductors were turning down the job due to the fact they would lose senority in thier new title.

I have to agree with Duke. According to The Chief up in the 600's where notified for 100 train operator postions availiable. That leaves about 200 promotionals left on the list. A week later after reading that I get this notice that I meet the exprience/education requirments. Something must be starting to move.....

i wanted to know if everyone on the list that passed teh exam got this letter or just people with low list #'s ....?????? My # is 480 something, not sure of the exact......i will feel a little better if only those below 1000 or 500 got one.........why would the city bother sending a letter out if they werent even close to hiring process (maybe within a year??). Any input on the higher that 500, 750 or 1000 list # and whether or not you got this letter would be appreciated......see all you guys at the train operator picnic one day!!! Good luck everyone !!!

If I remember my list # is 146 and I got the letter yesterday. (Can't find my Letter with the list number:p). I'll have to call the DCAS phone number.

I saw on another forum sum1 got the letter and was 700 something. Im 699 and havnt gotten it yet but im up here in RI so maybe today or 2mrrw if I qualified :eek:

I got my letter yesterday too...would this be the same type of letter that was sent to the 300 something ppl on the Promo List like The Chief stated a couple months back?? Like someone mentioned they are up to list# 600 something off from the Promo that have been contacted supposedly.