Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went in dec 5 for drug test and hand in the mailed forms. How long should i wait for them to call and ask me to go in for medical?. Its been 6 days and tomorrow is one week. Anyone who went in for the same thing hear from them?

It took em six weeks to call me back. Also Hurricane Sandy postponed my class for 2 weeks also. Even with that it would have taken 3-4 weeks anyways.

I went in dec 5 for drug test and hand in the mailed forms. How long should i wait for them to call and ask me to go in for medical?. Its been 6 days and tomorrow is one week. Anyone who went in for the same thing hear from them?

I went on Dec 5 also, What is your list range? a guy from another foroum went on the same day as us and got called, he was early 320's

Its high school and onwards, not junior high school and elementary school.

Thats what i thought at first too. When i went back for my medical and final, i heard the lady telling the people that were there for pre screening that they want education from now back to elementary school. I thought i was done for, but thank God they have extra forms there if you need 'em

HI nycderek - gl on making it this far. can you share your list range with the community? thanks & happy holidays!

Its high school and onwards, not junior high school and elementary school.

False, they want back to kindergarten. It's an easy way for them to verify where you've been living your whole life.

hello every1 new to this forum would like to know when is the January class is schedule to start???

Right now schoolcar is 2 weeks behind on everything, so if they told you January, it will either be late January or early February.

Edited by Snowblock

hello every1 new to this forum would like to know when is the January class is schedule to start???

HI welcome to the group. So is it safe to say you are on the OC list? If so pls share your list range and any insight working within the MTA.

Happy Holidays

False, they want back to kindergarten. It's an easy way for them to verify where you've been living your whole life.

You are wrong, thats not why they ask you to list your schooling. How are they going to evaluate elemtentary school years in a persons life for residency? It doesnt matter where you lived when you were a toddler, it has nothing to do with any job title. Thats the whole point of the Residence section of the application.

Also in the 36 page manual that tells you how to fill out the 21 page application. It says they want you to list schools so your educational experience can be evaluted for current and future positions. It has nothing to do with verifying where you lived. Your toddler years means aboslutly nothing in reference to living situation and experience. I didnt have any problem not listing it on my app.

Edited by Warduke

You are wrong, thats not why they ask you to list your schooling. How are they going to evaluate elemtentary school years in a persons life for residency? It doesnt matter where you lived when you were a toddler, it has nothing to do with any job title. Thats the whole point of the Residence section of the application.

Also in the 36 page manual that tells you how to fill out the 21 page application. It says they want you to list schools so your educational experience can be evaluted for current and future positions. It has nothing to do with verifying where you lived. Your toddler years means aboslutly nothing in reference to living situation and experience. I didnt have any problem not listing it on my app.

yeah, go with that. You seem to have all the answers. Mostly wrong ones. I know what I heard and I know what I will put. Good luck with that.

yeah, go with that. You seem to have all the answers. Mostly wrong ones. I know what I heard and I know what I will put. Good luck with that.

Lol@Gherigfan1..

This doesn't need to turn into a battle! @Warduke, youre right that in the 36 page instruction book it doesnt mention elementary school, and you might be ok not listing it. But i know for sure 100% that during the pre screening the lady says to fill out back to elementary school! I'll never forget that cause i remember feeling like all hope was lost when i heard her say that the day i went back for my medical and final. Like i said, you might be ok not listing it, but i didnt want to risk it

Edited by beneka

I read the instructions twice, thats why I didnt list elementary school since it didnt say anything in there about it, also when I went down to 180 livingston I was never told to go that far back, everything points to highschool and onwards.

I read the instructions twice, thats why I didnt list elementary school since it didnt say anything in there about it, also when I went down to 180 livingston I was never told to go that far back, everything points to highschool and onwards.

that is correct. I was also told only go as far back as high school. I didn't put my elementary school in the 21 page book and I'm in schoolcar right now. If it makes you feel better to put in that info than go for it. I for one do not provide any extra information that i am not asked for.

that is correct. I was also told only go as far back as high school. I didn't put my elementary school in the 21 page book and I'm in schoolcar right now. If it makes you feel better to put in that info than go for it. I for one do not provide any extra information that i am not asked for.

I agree with both of you. When I filled out my 21 page booklet at home I only went back to high school for education. I added another page with my elementary and JHS info went I went in for my medical only because I overheard the lady telling the newbies how to fill out the 21 pages and I specifically heard her say back to elementary school. Like I said in my earlier post, you probably don't need to list that far back, but since I heard her say it I didn't want to take the risk

HI welcome to the group. So is it safe to say you are on the OC list? If so pls share your list range and any insight working within the MTA.

Happy Holidays

No I will not share any insight on working with the mta alot of people have already stated what can be said about working for transit so just go back and read what was stated already my range is late 300 early 400