Anyone Took The Assistant Stockworker Exam?

stanfd02

• 1 month later...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats up everyone to those thinking about going to this position as a stock worker make sure during your interview at HR

you are told WHAT TIME YOU WOULD BE WORKING. I was told i would have a 6 am - 2pm schedule. I gave in my 2 weeks notice at my older job and thought that time of work was good. I get to Spring creek depot and they told me i would be either from 2pm - 10 pm or 10 pm - 6 am (i was like WTF?)

For those wondering also they have 3 shift during the 24 hrs (6am-2pm) (2pm - 10pm) and (10pm - 6am) some of you might have kids, obligations or whatever and if your new your probably get on of those odd shifts.

I was lucky enough to be in a prior union and could go back to my older job. some of you might not be so lucky so just as a reminder just make sure you know your schedule 

I mean i will call Human resources and let them know if i can put my name back on the list.  

I know about seniority and etc. I know ALL about that. But I didn't leave my older job to get on a job with odd hours i have my options. I don't mean to sound like im braggin.

but I really wish someone would have told me something.

I know most people that will read this will probably say things like "this is the MTA what do you expect" but this is a assistant stock worker

most stock rooms aren't on a 24 hr bases. and the fact that NO ONE told me anything at HR really sucked. 

When i got to the Stock room at spring creek they claimed that they told HR and etc. and I was stuck in the middle.

Edited by stanfd02

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the list expired seeing that there is a new job posting for assistant stockworker. also MTABUS someone from LGA dipped off to Baisley???

Sorry bout the late response, but yes someone did bounce from LGA and go to BP during the 2016 pick.. 2017 will be an interesting year for local 100 storerooms. Alot of movement instore. I was told a fella from CP just retired, and another person from CP isn't to far behind. How's JFK/FR?

dang so no one else got hired for this ? I still think about the day they called me back still have nightmares lol. good luck to the next batch

Ain't for everyone, TWU Local 100 just got contract signed. From what I was told, MTA Bus Local 100 made out like bandits

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watup MTABus. I just seen ya message but cats already knew he was the one getting it. As far as list 1305 goes i think that list been expired. They just hired a new guy that took the promotional for Assistant Stockworker. Im hearing 1 guy left from CP and its expected within the next 4, 5, 6 months like 4 more people dipping from there. Heard since this new contract signed too like 3 people from ENY putting in their papers. Whats messed up is all these people waited years for this contract. Had they got it earlier a lot more people from 1305 wouldve been called back.

• 7 months later...
On 3/1/2017 at 7:22 AM, brooklynbound718 said:

Watup MTABus. I just seen ya message but cats already knew he was the one getting it. As far as list 1305 goes i think that list been expired. They just hired a new guy that took the promotional for Assistant Stockworker. Im hearing 1 guy left from CP and its expected within the next 4, 5, 6 months like 4 more people dipping from there. Heard since this new contract signed too like 3 people from ENY putting in their papers. Whats messed up is all these people waited years for this contract. Had they got it earlier a lot more people from 1305 wouldve been called back.

I’m kinda late here, hope all is well and you enjoyed your summer. Confirmed, one person did officially retire from CP earlier this year. And perhaps another might go in a few months. However, at ENY it won’t be that much movement. One assistant should be leaving early next year thou. And in terms of exam 1305, I think that’s all water under the bridge now. 

PS. Everyone talks the retirement talk, but it isn’t official until they clock out for the last time. Good luck gentlemen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2017 at 2:52 PM, brooklynbound718 said:

Yo i dont know if anyone still follows this but believe it or not someone from this list just started at JFK today -_- there's still hope. 3 people total. 1 went ENY, the next College Point or LGA, and the 3rd here at JFK.

Hey Brooklyn bound idk if your still on this site. But I have a question referring to the railroad stock worker position. Contact me via email when you get a chance thank you. (Popsnaro75@gmail.com)

• 2 years later...