Interesting find of a TMC RTS T70-606 on Fulton at Nostrand

+Note this thread will be moved to the Regional Forum shortly as it will get more visibility here

I was checking out some B44 runs, and as I began to head towards Nostrand to jump on the (A), my breath was taken away as I came across this TMC. Needless to say, I chose to jump on 4966 to head downtown so I could post this. I didn't think to ass the driver who was sitting on it if I could board and get the VIN?

Has anyone ever seen this bus before??

Does anyone know what agency it came from?? (SMART I am assuming.. whoever they are.. definitely not Detroit)

Does anyone know why it was parked on Fulton??

Sorry about the photo quality, I didnt think to clean the lense on this Evo before I shot the pics.

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

+Note this thread will be moved to the Regional Forum shortly as it will get more visibility here

I was checking out some B44 runs, and as I began to head towards Nostrand to jump on the (A), my breath was taken away as I came across this TMC. Needless to say, I chose to jump on 4966 to head downtown so I could post this. I didn't think to ass the driver who was sitting on it if I could board and get the VIN?

Has anyone ever seen this bus before??

Does anyone know what agency it came from?? (SMART I am assuming.. whoever they are.. definitely not Detroit)

Does anyone know why it was parked on Fulton??

Sorry about the photo quality, I didnt think to clean the lense on this Evo before I shot the pics.

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

Hate to Break it to you but with a little research SMART is a Detriot Bus Company devoted to serve downtown and midtown sections of the city. I have never seen this bus before. I am assuming it might be stored at a nearby bus depot for training or something, but I not completely sure.

Yeap, thats an ex-SMART Bus. Not sure why it would be out here in New York but Nice Catch!

Where is this SMART agency?

Hate to Break it to you but with a little research SMART is a Detriot Bus Company devoted to serve downtown and midtown sections of the city. I have never seen this bus before. I am assuming it might be stored at a nearby bus depot for training or something, but I not completely sure.

Wrong answer. I used to live in Detroit. Not only did that SMART never have any of these bus types, thats not their livery either.

From the signs on the side I would say It's a church bus Calvary Chapel Nampa - Home

I would think that if the bus did not still belong to this church they would have made some attempt to remove or cover up the posters on the side...

Yeah, I know it's a church bus, but I'm trying to figure out where it came from.....

I found this photo on google, website is voiceofdetriot.net.

SMART_Bus_2.jpg

Thats definitely NOT Detroit. SMART (Detroit) never had any RTS' with the vent on the driver side rear panel......

And that is not a Michigan license plate either.

Edit: Now I see the script of the back which reads San Joaquin RTD.

The bus in your pic has Ohio plates, I recognize that. No idea for the bus in Casey's pic, doesn't look like CA plates unless they're ancient. [Looks like it's a 40-footer as well.] My guess is Smart is one of the companies like Veolia that runs service around the country, and the bus you saw is an ex-Smart and now church bus.

The plate looks like Idaho to me

id1a.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived