•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * - 4 votes
    Official

Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

5855 replies to this topic

#1 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I guess someone should have started this thread, so I did. Sticky it?

Random Thought:
    Just passed by it, 1747 had a breakdown at Douglaston Pkwy and Northern Blvd, heading towards Flushing. It was pulled over at the bus stop.

And 1631 looks like it had it's destination sign changed. The font looks bolder.

#2 Joel Up Front

Joel Up Front
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,178 posts
    • LocationThere.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

1708 and a few other older NGs have no rear number.

You drew a picture of my morning
    But you couldn't make my day

#3 Marctalky1

Marctalky1
    • Pip
    • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Im on the 24 rn this bus is trashed (did someone eat a 4 course meal?) I thought they cleaned the buses better!

#4 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Im on the 24 rn this bus is trashed (did someone eat a 4 course meal?) I thought they cleaned the buses better!

The garbage is probably from sometime today.

#5 Marctalky1

Marctalky1
    • Pip
    • 302 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Spoke the Driver all the way to Roosevelt Field he said 1802 was in an accident today. He also told me he did maintenance and was asked to drive route due to the shortage of drivers.

#6 Amtrak7

Amtrak7
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,149 posts
    • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

In my opinion, the OG's are riding and sounding better than before while the NG's are the same if not a bit rougher.

The cleanliness has remained roughly the same.

R.I.P. Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority January 15, 1973 – December 31, 2011

#7 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Spoke the Driver all the way to Roosevelt Field he said 1802 was in an accident today. He also told me he did maintenance and was asked to drive route due to the shortage of drivers.

Oh no, I see 1802 daily doing the N20 to Great Neck. Any details? Was it a major crash?

And shortage of drivers? They just hired hundreds of drivers at the beginning of the year. Are people quitting?

#8 Marctalky1

Marctalky1
    • Pip
    • 302 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh no, I see 1802 daily doing the N20 to Great Neck. Any details? Was it a major crash?

And shortage of drivers? They just hired hundreds of drivers at the beginning of the year. Are people quitting?

The crash was on Mineola BLVD he was doing a 22 at around 3 I was told he sent a Nissan Muarno into a pole.

People retired from the MTA maybe too many?

#9 N6 Limited

N6 Limited
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,128 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Is it possible that the shortage of drivers is just until April 8th since they will be using less buses then?

#10 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

The crash was on Mineola BLVD he was doing a 22 at around 3 I was told he sent a Nissan Muarno into a pole.

People retired from the MTA maybe too many?

And its always an 1800 hurt, isn't it?

Is it possible that the shortage of drivers is just until April 8th since they will be using less buses then?

I don't think much will change. NICE is probably still stressing the drivers with making many runs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official