Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

This is different than buses being sent to to aleviate the mess of an equipment shortage due to over half of MTA LIB's fleet failing a DOT inspection ( a simple safety check to make sure buses are road worthy) because of MTA LIB's maintenence (all of these buses were inherited by NICE to suffer long term maintenence problems with excerpt for buses 1840-1845, the only 45 buses exclusively used by NICE) or buses being replace due to accidents.

Around the time of the video you referenced some officials had proposed a regional transportation system. Under this prosody plan more services, equipment, and routes amoung agencies and depots. One of the benefits would be let's say a N4 bus broke down in queens an MTA depot in queens could send a replacement bus (since the depots would be sharing a fleet and theoretically some N4 trips could be covered by that depot in queens).

So at the time it was planned but never put into effect. I really think LIB would have benefitted from that. Having CP towing their CNG buses and fixing them up. College Point did have the overall oldest fleet in the system from 2009- 2011 when the C40LFs came. That should really happen with NYCT and MTA bus. If a Orion V on the Q50 broke down in Flushing tow it to either CP or CS.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about people retiring or quitting? How many and in how long of a time? I have a hard time believing drivers who are making $65,000 a year without over time are quitting when they won't even be able to find a job making $15/hr! Unless they just quit without knowing how bad it is out there making and won't be making half of what they are now!

It was both.  I remember a lot of old timers picked early morning runs on short turns like the N16 or picked into routes that no one rode during the day (N45, 51).  Quite a few of them wore the old :nyct: uniforms.

Edited by Joel Up Front

It was both.  I remember a lot of old timers picked early morning runs on short turns like the N16 or picked into routes that no one rode during the day (N45, 51).  Quite a few of them wore the old :nyct: uniforms.

Are you talking about uniforms early on in NICE?  If I remember correctly you can go back in this thread to the early days of NICE and there was a snafu getting about half the NICE uniforms delivered on time.  Did those drivers still wear (MTA) LIB uniforms until their uniforms came in?  I thought the (MTA) took them back, I guess they collected extra's over the years.  Ask Hound or LI Operator the transit police lined drivers up in the hallway like they were being released from prison to strip the drivers of their badges, uniforms, and dignity.  

IMHO, the older you get the earlier you like to wake up...  Drivers were doing what others might consider shit runs but they did it because they getting 11 hour days and already getting over time for their regular week.  Once NICE came in and eliminated picks like that with overtime that was killing the system the desire to drive shitty runs, into the evening with traffic has gone away.  If everything is an 8 hour day of course drivers are going on top are going to pick the easiest runs, early in the morning, no traffic , get home early in the afternoon. A senior driver isn't going to pick a rush hour n4 or overnight n6, why would they?

As far as drivers not up for retirement who are making $65,000,I can't see them quitting because NICE sucks, to what deliver furniture for $14/hr?  I don't buy it...

Is that bus still running around with the LIB back? For those who don't know or remember or know LIB just slapped the back of an old V on 9287.

Retired along with the rest of the MTA Bus V CNGs. When 9827 came back, the orange stripe got painted blue and boy, did it look weird.

Are you talking about uniforms early on in NICE?  If I remember correctly you can go back in this thread to the early days of NICE and there was a snafu getting about half the NICE uniforms delivered on time.  Did those drivers still wear (MTA) LIB uniforms until their uniforms came in?  I thought the (MTA) took them back, I guess they collected extra's over the years.  Ask Hound or LI Operator the transit police lined drivers up in the hallway like they were being released from prison to strip the drivers of their badges, uniforms, and dignity.  

IMHO, the older you get the earlier you like to wake up...  Drivers were doing what others might consider shit runs but they did it because they getting 11 hour days and already getting over time for their regular week.  Once NICE came in and eliminated picks like that with overtime that was killing the system the desire to drive shitty runs, into the evening with traffic has gone away.  If everything is an 8 hour day of course drivers are going on top are going to pick the easiest runs, early in the morning, no traffic , get home early in the afternoon. A senior driver isn't going to pick a rush hour n4 or overnight n6, why would they?

As far as drivers not up for retirement who are making $65,000,I can't see them quitting because NICE sucks, to what deliver furniture for $14/hr?  I don't buy it...

This was around 2010-early 2011, well before NICE was even a thing  I only know of one driver who stayed but I haven't seen him since April.

Orion VII 4 Life, was this you?  I'm disappointed if it was!

I'm going out on a limb here to assume you (when i say you I'm referring to whoever made the video) weren't entitled to a transfer but like every other piece of trash you felt you were entitled to and act like a child until you get one....just like the piece of trash who assaulted the bus operator recently you both carried on like children except I think you were scared this bus driver was going to beat the shit out of you if you took it any further!  lol

When you didn't get your way you escalated the situation until you pissed off the bus driver enough where he started cursing at you!  Not getting your way and not getting your transfer you record the driver cursing at you?  Maybe the driver should have been a little more professional but you obviously pushed his buttons and then started recording.  Now you want us to look at your video like NICE or the driver was wrong?  Sorry, there was one person wrong in the situation and it was you!  No free ride!  ...and when a driver tells you to get off the bus, get off the bus,stop having a temper tantrum because you didn't get a transfer you're not entitled to!

Orion VII 4 Life, was this you?  I'm disappointed if it was!

I'm going out on a limb here to assume you (when i say you I'm referring to whoever made the video) weren't entitled to a transfer but like every other piece of trash you felt you were entitled to and act like a child until you get one....just like the piece of trash who assaulted the bus operator recently you both carried on like children except I think you were scared this bus driver was going to beat the shit out of you if you took it any further!  lol

When you didn't get your way you escalated the situation until you pissed off the bus driver enough where he started cursing at you!  Not getting your way and not getting your transfer you record the driver cursing at you?  Maybe the driver should have been a little more professional but you obviously pushed his buttons and then started recording.  Now you want us to look at your video like NICE or the driver was wrong?  Sorry, there was one person wrong in the situation and it was you!  No free ride!  ...and when a driver tells you to get off the bus, get off the bus,stop having a temper tantrum because you didn't get a transfer you're not entitled to!

Are you trippin? No it's not me smdh

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

"I said fvck you!"

I'm dying… lol

I want to see this on Tosh.0!

"I say call the police, or f uck you then!" Haha!

When the driver pulled the parking brake you know he was about it get serious, you could here it in the guys voice taking the video, he thought he was about to get his ass kicked! lmao

Edited by Burrstone

Why does it take so long for the minutes of the community meetings to be posted on the NICE website?  Any other place I can where these post earlier?  Why does it take months to upload these documents? By the time these documents are on the NICE site they are worthless because they are outdated...

They're not cutting back on the new bus order now cause of that are they?

Nope! From what I've been told, they increased the amount of buses from 43 to 52 with an option of 58! Word is that they want 1633-1699 gone.

Edited by Cait Sith