Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right-I also heard they plan on having hostess service,serving coffee & donuts.

Will the beers cost as much as the airlines? Sounds like a good funding opportunity for NICE. lol

They actually got suburban seat buses? Those are gonna go to hell quick...

But maybe this could be NICE trying to set up some kind of actual express bus service?

If the city ones have held up, just two years in Nassau wouldn't hurt.

They've already help up, what, 10-12 years? Then again I don't know what type of ridership foothill had or if those seats had to be repaired/replaced?

My question is do you think NICE will get their act together or are they already regretting letting the MTA walk away?

You either can't put a sentence together or don't know whet your talking about, probably both. First, it's not like NICE is some company that can't "get their act together" they do what they can with what they are given (string budget, crappy equipment). Next, your sentence suggests THEY (NICE) let the (MTA) walk away. NICE/Veolia/Transdev had nothing to do with the (MTA) leaving, depending on who you ask the (MTA) walked away because Nassau wouldn't pay "their fair share" or Nassaw gave the (MTA) their walking papers over the (MTA) a crazy amount of money fir little in return or the (MTA) would reduce LIB service to a "skeleton system" (the (MTA) 's words). Next, I don't think any person in the DECISION to bring in NICE regrets it, the County is paying a lot less than the (MTA) , the full system is pretty much in tact, and Veolia/Transdev has proven they can do more per dollar (and with less money) than the (MTA) can.

The county executive and probably the commissioners too have no regrets and probably get lots of money from Veolia. Only the regular guy who has to deal with their sh*t service wants the MTA back and the pols couldn't give a damn.

....and how quickly you forget that service would be worse with the MTA back.

I wish the MTA would come back so I could sit here and laugh at all that forgot too quickly that the MTA is not the answer!

Also,Mangano making more money from the cab service that he owns,due to people giving up waiting for shitty NICE Bus service.

What cab company does he own?

I. Mean this stuff goes on everywhere. One of the airports for Chicago is in a town outside of Chicago where the mayor will only allow one company to operate cab service. So yea, only ONE company is allowed to pick up at O'haire, the brother in law of the Mayor happens to own that cab company.

Nothing could make the bus service here any good.

Besides proper funding and new buses?

Will the beers cost as much as the airlines? Sounds like a good funding opportunity for NICE. lol

They've already help up, what, 10-12 years? Then again I don't know what type of ridership foothill had or if those seats had to be repaired/replaced?

You either can't put a sentence together or don't know whet your talking about, probably both. First, it's not like NICE is some company that can't "get their act together" they do what they can with what they are given (string budget, crappy equipment). Next, your sentence suggests THEY (NICE) let the (MTA) walk away. NICE/Veolia/Transdev had nothing to do with the (MTA) leaving, depending on who you ask the (MTA) walked away because Nassau wouldn't pay "their fair share" or Nassaw gave the (MTA) their walking papers over the (MTA) a crazy amount of money fir little in return or the (MTA) would reduce LIB service to a "skeleton system" (the (MTA) 's words). Next, I don't think any person in the DECISION to bring in NICE regrets it, the County is paying a lot less than the (MTA) , the full system is pretty much in tact, and Veolia/Transdev has proven they can do more per dollar (and with less money) than the (MTA) can.

....and how quickly you forget that service would be worse with the MTA back.

I wish the MTA would come back so I could sit here and laugh at all that forgot too quickly that the MTA is not the answer!

What cab company does he own?

I. Mean this stuff goes on everywhere. One of the airports for Chicago is in a town outside of Chicago where the mayor will only allow one company to operate cab service. So yea, only ONE company is allowed to pick up at O'haire, the brother in law of the Mayor happens to own that cab company.

Besides proper funding and new buses?

NICE sucks.

MTA LIB was better before all the crap started going on then the MTA let it go to hell. Transdev is running a shit operation and you know it, the ocunty sure is getting what they paid for. If Nassau gave the MTA a REASONABLE amount like Westchester and Suffolk do they would run a good bus service for the people of Nassau.

The next county executive and commissioners should end the Transdev contract and bring the MTA to the table. Regional Bus would only be a good thing for Nassau County, it would help it identify closer with the city and people who otherwise would live in Queens may move to Nassau if the bus at their doorstep works just like one in Queens would.

MTA LIB was better before all the crap started going on then the MTA let it go to hell. Transdev is running a shit operation and you know it, the ocunty sure is getting what they paid for. If Nassau gave the MTA a REASONABLE amount like Westchester and Suffolk do they would run a good bus service for the people of Nassau.

The next county executive and commissioners should end the Transdev contract and bring the MTA to the table. Regional Bus would only be a good thing for Nassau County, it would help it identify closer with the city and people who otherwise would live in Queens may move to Nassau if the bus at their doorstep works just like one in Queens would.

Don't say that with the Veolia Internet Defense Force out in full swing, he might have another conniption.

The n6 has been handling itself pretty well after 9:30 pm lately. It's not very crowded and there's no flagging.

I guess ridership dropped enough to make this possible. Though, it is winter, once spring comes around that may change.

Would it be feasible if for example, NICE knows that certain trips are packed and tend to flag, but the bus load is relieved by Elmont Road, they could make an agreement with MTA to extend particular Q2 trips around the same time to Elmont Road?

Edited by N6 Limited

They must be sending a lot of these buses through to get re painted or I have a magnet for these things and see one whenever I'm near the 109/Sunrise interchange.  This is foothill body # F1311 on it's way to go get painted Saturday at about 11:30am.  I assume this will be NICE body # 1021 considering 1021 is written in the window...

eEQSGTp.jpg

Edited by Burrstone

I am curious to know what would a Ex-Foothill Orion V CNG look like if it was painted in NICE color scheme instead of the old orange and blue stripes that are on all current Orion V CNGs. Since Orion Vll NGs are in the new NICE color scheme look, I will think that whenever they order new buses, I am sure it will be in NICE color scheme, while all the 2002 Ex-Foothill Orion V CNGs will have the old orange and blue stripes like the rest of the current Orion V CNGs. I also notice that Foothill Transit's Orion V CNGs has bright white and blue stripes, while their new buses has a unique Foothill color scheme like a blue and green wave on the side.

I am curious to know what would a Ex-Foothill Orion V CNG look like if it was painted in NICE color scheme instead of the old orange and blue stripes that are on all current Orion V CNGs.

I also wish the foothill buses were painted in the new NICE scheme but I understand why they only did the "Nassau" stripe to save money on a bus that will be in service for 2 years.

Since Orion Vll NGs are in the new NICE color scheme look, I will think that whenever they order new buses, I am sure it will be in NICE color scheme, while all the 2002 Ex-Foothill Orion V CNGs will have the old orange and blue stripes like the rest of the current Orion V CNGs.

All new buses will be in the NICE livery, just as the upper 1800's were delivered painted in NICE livery..,

Edited by Burrstone

Like some users correctly predicted on here, New Flyer won the order

Here is the press release for those interested.

for the next set of buses to be destroyed under NICE.

If you want yo bash something know the facts, don't just parrot what you hear the idiots here say. Transdev/NICE inherited buses that were destroyed & neglected by the MTA. The proof us that over half of the LIB fleet didn't lass a simple DOT test during the conversion. NICE USES what they have, Orion is shit, anyway, on top of that NICE has to deal with buses MTA LIB destroyed! Edited by Burrstone

Here is the press release for those interested.

If you want yo bash something know the facts, don't just parrot what you hear the idiots here say. Transdev/NICE inherited buses that were destroyed & neglected by the MTA. The proof us that over half of the LIB fleet didn't lass a simple DOT test during the conversion. NICE USES what they have, Orion is shit, anyway, on top of that NICE has to deal with buses MTA LIB destroyed!

I wouldn't say Orion is shit considering that the only other bus mfg to beat them/be on their level at Altoona's testing facility is Designline. The Orion VII(2011 and up) is rated the best bus to be built and tested out of Altoona. New Flyer and the rest don't come close. It all comes down to maintenance, and NICE certainly does not do well with that. The best example is with the 2012 Orion VII CNGs they got....and those were never operated by MTA!

And as much as I don't like those 2004 Orion V CNGs(1633-1699)....they were much better during the MTA's reign.

I also wish the foothill buses were painted in the new NICE scheme but I understand why they only did the "Nassau" stripe to save money on a bus that will be in service for 2 years.

They were never predicted to last long, that's why, and they're right. The fact that we have an order of 110 XN40s(base order of 52 with an option of 58), there's no point in giving an old bus a new look if it's going to be gone within the 5 years Veolia has taken over. A bunch of 1500s were retired in 2012-2013, so it would've been a huge waste of money for them to waste paint to give them a temporary look. Better off doing it for a fleet that will last long, especially with tanks that goes over 15 years.

----------------

An update to the Foothill CNG saga, while one struck an overpass, I hear that another got t-boned. idk who's been driving/towing the buses into Long Island but gotdamn, what a shotty job. I hear they ordered 28 of these buses, they're down 2 already.

Edited by Cait Sith