Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

I guess someone should have started this thread, so I did. Sticky it?

Random Thought:

Just passed by it, 1747 had a breakdown at Douglaston Pkwy and Northern Blvd, heading towards Flushing. It was pulled over at the bus stop.

And 1631 looks like it had it's destination sign changed. The font looks bolder.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoke the Driver all the way to Roosevelt Field he said 1802 was in an accident today. He also told me he did maintenance and was asked to drive route due to the shortage of drivers.

Oh no, I see 1802 daily doing the N20 to Great Neck. Any details? Was it a major crash?

And shortage of drivers? They just hired hundreds of drivers at the beginning of the year. Are people quitting?

Oh no, I see 1802 daily doing the N20 to Great Neck. Any details? Was it a major crash?

And shortage of drivers? They just hired hundreds of drivers at the beginning of the year. Are people quitting?

The crash was on Mineola BLVD he was doing a 22 at around 3 I was told he sent a Nissan Muarno into a pole.

People retired from the MTA maybe too many?

The crash was on Mineola BLVD he was doing a 22 at around 3 I was told he sent a Nissan Muarno into a pole.

People retired from the MTA maybe too many?

And its always an 1800 hurt, isn't it?

Is it possible that the shortage of drivers is just until April 8th since they will be using less buses then?

I don't think much will change. NICE is probably still stressing the drivers with making many runs.

Considering the circus came to town (literally) I wonder if NICE/NCC put signs up by the Student Union and Bookstore. Bus operators already have to ask students to get off/stay back once the bus fills up...

Only Benefit is now there is a one seat ride to Jamaica for the queens students.

Public Safety doesn't know jack shit about the bus beyond where they stop so they think that stop all the way by the Endo Boulevard entrance to the college serves Hempstead/Freeport bound buses. I got pissed when I saw on FB that "oh hurr dey dont go by da library so go to the other stop behind it."

Waited 30 minutes for a bus out of campus. Thank God it was an early Friday morning.

I had this crazy ass bus operator on the N6 Friday... 10 minutes from Front Street to New Hyde Park Road. Methinks he had another run after he was done.

If you get to leave NCC earlier than the current class period ending, the 16 -> 6 route is fastest. During the afternoons it feels like it'll take the same amount of time...

Is that fast?

The Schedule says it should take 8 mins from Westminster Rd to NHP road, so that how fast it "should" take.

Well I think there will be more 6xs then 22xs so I think they would go for the 6x unless they need to go to the bus terminal which only the 22x will go to.

Makes sense. BTW the last couple of N6X's in the evening will go to the 165th st terminal

Seems NICE forgot about the N43, 45, and 51 using Earle Ovington Boulevard to get out of NCC and can't detour onto Charles Lindbergh considering that's the only route to the Coliseum.

Oh, and what about the thousands of idiots - I mean fellow students who drive? I wonder why this didn't happen last year.

And its always an 1800 hurt, isn't it?

I don't think much will change. NICE is probably still stressing the drivers with making many runs.

It does always seem to be an 1800.

They're probably squeezing out a lot of runs with the N6X. They save time by having no stops between 179th st and Westminster Rd, and it short turns at 179th street. One round trip will be like the length(time wise) of one local trip. Also, being that they're express, they don't have to worry about time points and can go as fast as they want,

It does always seem to be an 1800.

They're probably squeezing out a lot of runs with the N6X. They save time by having no stops between 179th st and Westminster Rd, and it short turns at 179th street. One round trip will be like the length(time wise) of one local trip. Also, being that they're express, they don't have to worry about time points and can go as fast as they want,

But the problem is that it's at the expense of the local passengers.

Instead of having a local every 8-10 minutes and an express every 10 minutes, what they should've done was have a local every 15 minutes, a limited every 15 minutes, and an express every 15 minutes. At least the problem of crushloaded locals vs. relatively empty expresses wouldn't occur, and it would cost roughly the same amount of money.