•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Unplanned Subway Service Changes

4143 replies to this topic

#1 lance25

lance25

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

In an effort to curtail the increasing amount of new threads pertaining to various unplanned service changes (police investigations, signal/track/rail conditions, etc.), I'm starting this thread. Please post any service advisories you deem necessary in this thread only. It's getting ridiculous with all these separate threads popping up for different service changes all the time.

Thank you for your compliance.

#2 Amtrak7

Amtrak7
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,074 posts
    • LocationLong Island / Pittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

Sticky this and remove the "MTA Capital Program Updates" sticky!

R.I.P. Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority January 15, 1973 – December 31, 2011

#3 Shortline Bus

Shortline Bus
    • Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 13,992 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

In an effort to curtail the increasing amount of new threads pertaining to various unplanned service changes (police investigations, signal/track/rail conditions, etc.), I'm starting this thread. Please post any service advisories you deem necessary in this thread only. It's getting ridiculous with all these separate threads popping up for different service changes all the time.

Thank you for your compliance.

Lance to clarify for all of use does this also include service changes related to weather as well? Although at best a smaller snow event this weekend 2/11/12-2/12/12 most of the planned GO's has been cancelled. Only the (7) closure between Times Sq. and Queensboro and also the (L) suspended between Lorimer and Bway Jct. remain (not counting long term station closures).

#4 lance25

lance25

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah I guess so since inclement weather service is a type of unplanned service changes.

As to this one, I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence where the (MTA) calls for Plan 4 every time snow is in the forecast. Just because that one storm originally predicted to be a 1-3" non-issue ballooned into the Boxing Day Blizzard, it doesn't mean that every single storm will be that way. Some storms predicted to be light on the accumulations will in fact be light on the accumulations.

#5 Bonanza123d

Bonanza123d
    • Pip
    • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Due to track maintenance at the 14th Street Station:
    Select uptown (2) and (3) train service is running express from the 14th Street Station to the 34th Street-Penn Station.
    Select uptown (2) train service is running on the (5) line from the Nevins Street Station to the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.
    In addition, due to signal problems at the Gunhill Road Station, select uptown (2) train service is running express from the E 180th Street Station to the 219th Street Station.
    Please expect delays on the uptown (2) and (3)*train service at this time.
    Planned Work
    242 St-bound (1) trains run express from Chambers St to 14 St

I saw the 2 latest up as local at 59th Street getting to the (A).
    UBVE Developer.
    Bad topics that do not follow the COC get my dance [Missing]Lock.gif[/Missing]

#6 NX Express

NX Express
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

IMHO this thread is not a good idea.

Once this thread balloons to at least 20 pages, who is going to use it, except for posting x train is via the y line? Most incidents that get posted on the forum (except for a few) are discussion worthy and are talked about in their respective threads. This thread will just create a big mix of posts about disruptions and posts discussing them. The discussion may even stretch through several pages and have many, newer disruption posts in it.

The worst part will occur when two major unrelated disruptions occur at the same time.
    Please mind the gap between the train and the platform.

#7 lance25

lance25

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

The flip side to that is having a dozen or so "police investigation" threads per week with some members constantly asking "12-9?" like the dog from Up. If the situation arises where a significant amount of discussion pertains to one advisory/service change, the option to split the thread is still available. Until then, let's just see how this works out.

#8 R160

R160
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 721 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Because of a shooting at 145th Street:

Following an earlier incident, downtown (F) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Due to a police investigation at the 145th Street Station:

(A), (:(, © and (D) trains are bypassing the station in both directions.

© train service is running express from the 125th Street Station to 155th Street Station in both directions.

Please allow additional travel time.

Buying O Scale trains!

#9 mark1447

mark1447
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 12,011 posts
    • LocationDriving on NJ/NY Route 17

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

The issue with the (A)(:(©(D) is not related to a 12-9.. Gun Shots someone told, which occurred on the street.

#10 4P3607

4P3607
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,707 posts
    • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Lol I was going to create this thread but I was afraid it would be closed or something.