Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change Posted:02/28/2012 1:55PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 7 Avenue Station:

Uptown (:P trains are running on the (D)line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the DeKalb Avenue Station.

Uptown (Q)trains are running on the(N) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell AvenueStation and the the DeKalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the (B), (D), (N) and (Q)trains at this time.

This is not the day for the Brighton Line.

Now:

Due to mechanical problems at the Prospect Park Station, Uptown (Q) trains are running on the (N) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on (Q) trains at this time.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted at 4:23

Due to mechanical problems at the Prospect Park Station, Uptown [Q] trains are running on the [N] line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on [Q] trains at this time. Â*

Judging by the range of explanations for the issue at Prospect Park (at various times, the reason was a signal problem, a stalled train in BIE, a rail condition, and a general mechanical problem), I'm assuming that a signal went up under a train.

What is odd is that the announcements at about 5:00 PM at Atlantic Av (even on the (N) platform) blamed a stalled Manhattan-bound (Q) train at Prospect Park. The odd thing is that that was at 7 in the morning.

Judging by the range of explanations for the issue at Prospect Park (at various times, the reason was a signal problem, a stalled train in BIE, a rail condition, and a general mechanical problem), I'm assuming that a signal went up under a train.

What is odd is that the announcements at about 5:00 PM at Atlantic Av (even on the (N) platform) blamed a stalled Manhattan-bound (Q) train at Prospect Park. The odd thing is that that was at 7 in the morning.

That is exactly what happened there. I was aboard Astoria bound (Q) when we went into emergency, it happened right after we left the station. We stopped abruptly and alarm rang. On the radio I heard that it happened multiple times before us. My guess would be that they can't permanently resolve the problem.

Due to construction, all (5) trains are running on the (2) track in Brooklyn south of Atlantic Ave.

Construction or a police investigation? Are you reffering to this?

MTA Service Info

Service Change Posted: 02/29/2012 8:08AM

Due to a police investigation at the 72nd Street Station:

Uptown(1) ,(2)and (3) trains are running express between the 34 Street-Penn Station and the 96 Street Station.

Select uptown(2) trains are running on the (5) line between the Nevins Street Station and the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.

Please expect delays on the (1), (2) (3)and (5) trains at this time.

I think south of Atlantic would be Flatbush Bound which would be the same as the (5).

Construction or a police investigation? Are you reffering to this?

MTA Service Info

Service Change Posted: 02/29/2012 8:08AM

Due to a police investigation at the 72nd Street Station:

Uptown(1) ,(2)and (3) trains are running express between the 34 Street-Penn Station and the 96 Street Station.

Select uptown(2) trains are running on the (5) line between the Nevins Street Station and the 149th Street-Grand Concourse Station.

Please expect delays on the (1), (2) (3)and (5) trains at this time.

I think south of Atlantic would be Flatbush Bound which would be the same as the (5).

Probably he was referring to this as there wasn't such an advisory about construction.

About this:

Man Hit by Train at 72nd Street and Broadway - DNAinfo.com

(it has been cleared as of now)

• 2 weeks later...

Service Notice

Posted Mar 09 02:31PM

Due to police investigation at 59 St-Columbus Circle Station, there is no (A), (;), (C) and (D) train service in both directions from W 4 St. to 125 St. Please allow additional travel time.

Service Change Posted: 03/13/2012 2:13PM

From what I heard, this is a 12-9 and there was ANOTHER 12-9 on the (7) line at around 11AM on the Express track of 74th Street. Damn!

Due to a police investigation at Broadway-Lafayette:

Uptown (F) train service is running on the line from Jay Street to W 4 Street.

Select uptown (F) ,train service is running on the (G) line from the Bergen Street Station to the 36th Street Station (Queens).

Please expect delays on the , and train service at this time.

A man was struck and killed by a subway train Wednesday night.

Police are trying to figure out why he was walking inside an underground tunnel.

The man was struck by a 6 train in the tunnel between the Bleecker and Spring Street Stations around 7 p.m.

A rescue train was sent to off-load passengers from the train.

Service was suspended while rescuers cleared the scene.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8581582

Due to a rail condition at the W 4 Street- Washington Square Station:

Uptown (:D and (D) trains are running local from the W 4 Street- Washington Square Station to the 34 Street- Herald Square Station.

Select Forest Hills bound (M) trains terminate at the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays on (B), (D) and (M) trains at this time.

By Chambers, I guess they mean Chambers on the (J).

Today there were quite a few announcements about 'Due to a police investigation at Canal Street, there is no Coney Island-bound F service from Jay St to Church Av. There is no G service from Bedford-Nostrand to Church Av. Some F trains are running on the D from B'way Laf to Coney Island'.

No, I did not mishear Canal Street.

It IS Carroll Street! I was at Avenue J (Q) and 86th Street (N) stations at that time! I've heard the announcements at 86th Street Station.

It turned out that a person was struck by (G) train there!

Damn, how many 12-9's have we had in the past 2 days? :confused:

probably a lot. I wish those suicide attempt do it elsewhere.

One other thing, I noticed on MTa website, there a delay on C and E train for switching problems. The problem was reported at 343 pm. It now 2030 on my pc. Is it possible to go that long?