we should just peg a thread with just subway TV epsiodes. that way we'll have everything in one place.

True, but there, might be too many of them. And most people might post scenes of the Subways in movies.

Another would be the link being dead.

Mark, since this video was posted by the official National Geographic YouTube page, I think this link will either always be there or if it is not National Geographic will say so.

Also if it gets stickied but the link stops working at least people will see that and then know exactly which keywords to google in an attempt to find the video again, and if the person finds the video again, hopefully s/he person tells staff and then staff can edit the post in which the video was embedded to re-embed the newly found video, or simply sticky a new post with the newly found video embedded.

Guys, this thing was not as easy to find as it looks. I had been searching for a video on subway car manufacturing on Google and Youtube on and off for quite a few months and never found something as in-depth as this (which was exactly what I wanted). I never searched the forum because it simply did not occur to me.

I was also thinking that this should be stickied. It seems that things like this where they actually get into the minutiae of transit vehicle manufacturing do not come around very often. To be honest I have also been searching for an in-depth video about bus manufacturing. They should make an Ultimate Factories episode about LFSs/LFS Artics, based in NovaBus' plant in Plattsburgh.

While some may have not seen it, some could of also searched the forum.

While I do agree that searching the forum is the way to go, I don't agree in this one. If you don't know this video, then you don't have anything to search for.

While I do agree that searching the forum is the way to go, I don't agree in this one. If you don't know this video, then you don't have anything to search for.

I was about to say this. The other people should maybe get over it and see by the thread title they don't need to open the thread.

Well then, thats where search tags come in. Even if you don't know the name. A bit of search would help.

I remembered in the vB forum there was a title checker to see if its duplicating other threads. I wish it were Modded here to prevent dupts.

But then again, someone might bump a very old thread which is unnecessary.

Anyways as for this thread, I think everything should go back on topic as it going way off.

Archived