Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went yesterday for the pre-interview... You can wear a pair of slacks and a button down shirt, I wore a tie but lots of dudes didn't... You are not actually being interview you're just filling out paperwork. You receive a number as your arrive just like in the DMV and called up to the counter according to your number to hand in your paperwork... So get there early! There's a lot of people but they're there for many different positions. Like it was mention in this forum earlier DO NOT MESS UP THE PAPERWORK! Listen carefully to the representives instructions... Cause you will be place at the back of the group if your paper is not correct. After your paperwork is ok and cleared by one of the representives you are sent to take the drug screening which is a pee test and you will blow to check for alcohol... You must blow 0.00. You are then done with the pre-interview. If your background and drug screening come back negative you will be called by medical to take a physical, make sure you give a phone number that you check everyday! They won't call twice. The physical is just a 19A physical.... The Rep. Said expect to be there all day maybe from 7.30 to 5pm only cause there's a lot of different people taking it not just us that pass exam 2613 but people that are getting hired for conductor, dispater, track worker etc... 19A physical includes: Eye Test, Blood Pressure Screening, Diabetes Test (blood sugar level) and yes TA gives an EKG test. Once you pass all that... Congratulations you're hired! Good luck fellas!

They made you blow in a breathalyzer? I didn't have to do that . Usually when they test your pee , there checking if you drink everyday ..12, 24, 72 hours it can go back .google it.

Caveman: you went for pre-interview and they didnt have take a drug test?

I don't think they care what you wear. U only there to hand in paper work, & take a drug test. It's not a verbal interview like a avg job. Plus u there almost all day.

When u think they don't, they do. Says on the letters we received dress business casual.

I agree, I'll prolly come in dress shirt, slacks and a tie just to play it safe. Guys I am going in on Friday. Best of luck to everyone. Only thing that worries me guys, is how much they will look into Credit. My Credit is not good, and I am rebuilding it. I know someone who is related to a bus operator, and he says they do not check into credit much for this position, they look more into the driving record and drug test, especially drug test and alcohol. What do you think guys? I am just praying to God everyday that everything goes alright. My friend says I should be fine, but still nervous about it.

I agree, I'll prolly come in dress shirt, slacks and a tie just to play it safe. Guys I am going in on Friday. Best of luck to everyone. Only thing that worries me guys, is how much they will look into Credit. My Credit is not good, and I am rebuilding it. I know someone who is related to a bus operator, and he says they do not check into credit much for this position, they look more into the driving record and drug test, especially drug test and alcohol. What do you think guys? I am just praying to God everyday that everything goes alright. My friend says I should be fine, but still nervous about it.

As far as credit goes, you dont have to worry. There is no question on any of the paperwork your're filling out regarding credit or and delinquencies. I know this because I recently was called of of the conductor exam 8094 which they called me for bus operator and I did all paper work drug test and medical bus was put on medical hold. Now they are no longer using 8094 for bus operators, straight conductors now. If anyone has any questions regarding exam 2613 you can call Ms. Chestnut (347) 643-8213. She will be able to any any/all questions

As far as credit goes, you dont have to worry. There is no question on any of the paperwork your're filling out regarding credit or and delinquencies. I know this because I recently was called of of the conductor exam 8094 which they called me for bus operator and I did all paper work drug test and medical bus was put on medical hold. Now they are no longer using 8094 for bus operators, straight conductors now. If anyone has any questions regarding exam 2613 you can call Ms. Chestnut (347) 643-8213. She will be able to any any/all questions

I signed a paper agreeing to let them check my credit.

I signed a paper agreeing to let them check my credit.

Really I didn't sign nothing like that.

As far as credit goes, you dont have to worry. There is no question on any of the paperwork your're filling out regarding credit or and delinquencies. I know this because I recently was called of of the conductor exam

8094 which they called me for bus operator and I did all paper work drug test and medical bus was put on medical hold. Now they are no longer using 8094 for bus operators, straight conductors now. If anyone has any questions regarding exam 2613 you can call Ms. Chestnut (347) 643-8213. She will be able to any any/all questions

Ms chestnut works for HR? Becouse I got few qustions? ..

And if you don't mine me asking , what put you on medical hold?

yes ms. chestnut works for HR. She's the woman in charge of all TA questions regarding bus operator. I stupidly put that I had sleep apnea. I was diagosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago before doing gastric bypass and lost over 100. They gave me a cpac machine when I was diagnosed, which I do not use. I went to my doctor for her to let them no I no longer suffer from sleep apnea. Which my doctor wrote an extensive report, however, MTA wanted me to do another test which I would have to go to a location and do an overnite study. At this moment with three kids wasnt able to do that in time for the last class which was Novemeber 4th. Just so everyone knows.. be smart and wise to what you put when filling out the medical questionnair.

Yeah there is a paper included in the package that lets them check your background.

I'm seriously worried, because of my credit. My credit is bad, and I hope they look more into the drug test and

driving record. I'm just hoping for all the best right now.

I called Ms. Chestnut and just left a message, hopefully she can get back to me, or I will call later.

Thanks guys,

I was there on 11/4 got there a little late and ended up not leaving until 3:40pm. GET THERE EARLY. Even if you're early/on time be prepared for a long day.

Dress like you're going to a job interview don't dress down. Lots of people had on ties and suit jackets.

Make sure you fill out your employment history as completely and accurately as possible, they kept stressing that they want every month accounted for even for unemployed time.

2-90 days to get your lab results back. They give you a 21 page application booklet to fill out which builds on the pre-employment app.

I know most of this has been covered already but here it is again. Oh yea - GET THERE EARLY.

I went yesterday for the pre-interview... You can wear a pair of slacks and a button down shirt, I wore a tie but lots of dudes didn't... You are not actually being interview you're just filling out paperwork. You receive a number as your arrive just like in the DMV and called up to the counter according to your number to hand in your paperwork... So get there early! There's a lot of people but they're there for many different positions. Like it was mention in this forum earlier DO NOT MESS UP THE PAPERWORK! Listen carefully to the representives instructions... Cause you will be place at the back of the group if your paper is not correct. After your paperwork is ok and cleared by one of the representives you are sent to take the drug screening which is a pee test and you will blow to check for alcohol... You must blow 0.00. You are then done with the pre-interview. If your background and drug screening come back negative you will be called by medical to take a physical, make sure you give a phone number that you check everyday! They won't call twice. The physical is just a 19A physical.... The Rep. Said expect to be there all day maybe from 7.30 to 5pm only cause there's a lot of different people taking it not just us that pass exam 2613 but people that are getting hired for conductor, dispater, track worker etc... 19A physical includes: Eye Test, Blood Pressure Screening, Diabetes Test (blood sugar level) and yes TA gives an EKG test. Once you pass all that... Congratulations you're hired! Good luck fellas!

Thanks Rm3271,

You said DO NOT MESS UP THE PAPERWORK!

So did you have to fill out everything at home AND bring it there?

Or did you do it there WHILE listening carefully to the representative's instructions?

I filled in the packet at home but when you get there you are told to form a line and sign in... When you reach the counter to sign in you are ask for the letter you received via mail and your drivers lic. They then give you 3 or 4 pieces of paper to fill out while they pull you driving abstract. The representives will go over both packet and the forms you receive there..What I did was made copies of the packet papers they mailed to us before I filled it out and brought one filled out copy and one blank just in case I did something wrong. Thank god I didn't! Good luck bro!!

I filled in the packet at home but when you get there you are told to form a line and sign in... When you reach the counter to sign in you are ask for the letter you received via mail and your drivers lic. They then give you 3 or 4 pieces of paper to fill out while they pull you driving abstract. The representives will go over both packet and the forms you receive there..What I did was made copies of the packet papers they mailed to us before I filled it out and brought one filled out copy and one blank just in case I did something wrong. Thank god I didn't! Good luck bro!!

Hey man,

You too!

Thanks a lot!

That's exactly what I am going to do!

.... I got a failure to signal ticket 2 months ago, I signaled but they said it was too late. I plead not guilty and plan to fight it 11/27 is my court date. I'm not worried about that one ticket disqualifying me. I know they do not like unpaid tickets, should I just plead guilty, pay it and be done with it or fight it? I report this Tuesday

Question I received a ticket traffic violation in 2011 for a wrong turn and I also have an accident on my record which was biased a woman walked into the side of my car, she wasn't looking while she was crossing the intersection.....do you guys think that this will count against/ disqualify me? My only other option would be to take my name off the list both incidences will be wiped from my record September 2014. I do appreciate the feedback.

.... I got a failure to signal ticket 2 months ago, I signaled but they said it was too late. I plead not guilty and plan to fight it 11/27 is my court date. I'm not worried about that one ticket disqualifying me. I know they do not like unpaid tickets, should I just plead guilty, pay it and be done with it or fight it? I report this Tuesday

If u could beat the ticket go to court cuz if u plead guilty u gonna get pts on ya license cuz that's a moving violation.

Archived