Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q

What is outstanding certification???????? I was on outstanding certification, and now Im not.... Im scared that thats not a good thing

The system glitches sometimes don't worry about it if it once said you were you still are it just means that the agency has your list number in their system

MsHottie call and speak to someone at DCAS and let them explain it to you. I went through something like that for a different exam and only to find out that my name was somehow removed from the list and I had to get it reinstated. If it is that you are off the list they will tell you what you need to do to get back on it. So you should call them on Monday and find out

What's up everybody? I'm new on here. About a month ago I was supposed to get drug tested but couldn't because of a pending summons. It's worth 4 points and my license in clean. I was told that I couldn't do anything until I resolved the issue and had proof of it and that once I did to call so that I can take it in. Is it a bad idea to continue waiting till maybe a few days after September 3rd which is when I have my hearing?

What number are they up to? Anyone mind to shed some light on this?

According to the DCAS information hotline (212-669-1357), out of the 3,617 candidates on the list...

...the last eligible certified was #2310 (this probably means they are up to this # as far as the first drug test)

...the last appointed certified was #1597 (probably means that this is the list number of the last person they sent to Zerega Avenue)

In addition, I have a couple of questions for you folks which I would like your feedback on:

a) When I went for the medical back on 12/31/13, I barely passed the eye examination without glasses with a 20/40 result. Now I do have glasses for distance, however I primarily wear them whenever I am in a classroom. Ever since I graduated with my masters in January of 2014, I rarely wear them. I do plan on bringing them to the next medical examination, when I get called for the Track Worker position. If I wear glasses, will I need a letter from the eye doctor for this? Or is this common, in which I don't need a letter?

(I also feel that my far-sighted distance has gotten worse since I spend so much time on the computer.)

b) After failing the 10-day training at Zerega, I was told that I have to wait 5 years before I can try again by one of the administrative assistants at Zerega in addition to a few members. However, I heard from an unofficial source that I only have to wait 3 years. Any thoughts? Cause I did get a score in the low 90's from taking the 4600 exam...

Thanks in advance!

What's up everybody? I'm new on here. About a month ago I was supposed to get drug tested but couldn't because of a pending summons. It's worth 4 points and my license in clean. I was told that I couldn't do anything until I resolved the issue and had proof of it and that once I did to call so that I can take it in. Is it a bad idea to continue waiting till maybe a few days after September 3rd which is when I have my hearing?

U might as well wait since September is around the corner & u know u gonna beat the ticket. Is that 4 pt ticket got speeding?

According to the DCAS information hotline (212-669-1357), out of the 3,617 candidates on the list...

...the last eligible certified was #2310 (this probably means they are up to this # as far as the first drug test)

...the last appointed certified was #1597 (probably means that this is the list number of the last person they sent to Zerega Avenue)

Thanks Young!

Just out of curiosity is this an automated results number?

Also - As we have seen in the past, these numbers are a little out of whack with what people are posting anyone have any list numbers and are somewhere in either the first drug test or beyond that step?

Anyone get staten island or was forced there?

Just out of curiosity, those that get "forced" to Staten Island, do those who seek different depots outside of Staten Island typically get those transfers easily?

I took my first drug test about a month ago and still waiting for phone call my list number is 186x

Thanks Young!

Also - As we have seen in the past, these numbers are a little out of whack with what people are posting anyone have any list numbers and are somewhere in either the first drug test or beyond that step?

Just out of curiosity, those that get "forced" to Staten Island, do those who seek different depots outside of Staten Island typically get those transfers easily?

Thanks Young!

You're welcome. Yes, this is an automated results number. I usually call on Sundays, since this is when they usually update the information. However, from calling several times during the month of July, it seems that they just recently updated this information this past Sunday (August 10th). Like it was mentioned in post #4175, these numbers are a little out of whack, therefore this is to just get a general idea...

Hey, Guys! I got a call from Transit to come in for final processing on Thursday for Bus Company. I am going to go down and see what the deal is. If they tell me they are going to take my name of the TA list, I am going to tell them that I going to hold off and wait for TA to call me since I am already in process (TA first process back on July 3rd) for that division as well. I am just waiting for them to call me for medical and final processing. By the way, since I pass medical for BUS COMPANY, can they used that towards TA once they call?

Hey, Guys! I got a call from Transit to come in for final processing on Thursday for Bus Company. I am going to go down and see what the deal is. If they tell me they are going to take my name of the TA list, I am going to tell them that I going to hold off and wait for TA to call me since I am already in process (TA first process back on July 3rd) for that division as well. I am just waiting for them to call me for medical and final processing. By the way, since I pass medical for BUS COMPANY, can they used that towards TA once they call?

Didn't u say u passed ya medical on aug 8th and you gonna be in the aug 25th class for ya? So what is this new post about?

Yeah, I passed medical yesterday. Now, I will be in the August 25th class.

This isn't true?

my bad Dre87, I didn't understand your response. If you read my other post, I am in the process phase for both TA and BUS COMPANY at the same time, BUS COMPANY called first for medical. My question to this wonderful forum is, if I move forward with training with Bus Company, will I be able to move over to TA once they call me? I keep hearing that BUS COMPANY make you sign a waiver stating that if you accept the position, you must remove your name off the list for TA or MABSTOA. 

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE DRE!

my bad Dre87, I didn't understand your response. If you read my other post, I am in the process phase for both TA and BUS COMPANY at the same time, BUS COMPANY called first for medical. My question to this wonderful forum is, if I move forward with training with Bus Company, will I be able to move over to TA once they call me? I keep hearing that BUS COMPANY make you sign a waiver stating that if you accept the position, you must remove your name off the list for TA or MABSTOA.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE DRE!

Oh ok. I don't know how true is that. I think u should call now or wait till tomorrow and find out b4 u go thru with the medical cuz u don't wanna miss out on the TA position.

Oh, ok, cool. I already completed the medical for Bus Company. I am going in for final processing tomorrow. I will ask those questions before I move forward. I will keep you informed!

Thanks man!

Oh ok. & you're getting it mixed up. Medical is the final process. The drug test isn't the medical.

Oh ok. & you're getting it mixed up. Medical is the final process. The drug test isn't the medical.

I agree that the drug test is not the medical. I do not agree with medical being the final processing.

Here is what happened with me between November 2013 and January 2014:

After taking the BOSS exam for 2613 in June of 2013, I was waiting for the list to come out. Before I got my 'official results' in the mail, I got a letter to come in on a specific day within the first two weeks of November (don't recall the exact date), in addition to some forms to fill out, which contain your employment history. After handing that in, I got a packet of more forms to fill out, which they specifically told us to fill out at home and hand in at final processing. They also informed us that we would be getting a phone call between 2 and 90 days to come back for either medical or a second drug test. (They did not mention that this depended on your list number from the 'batch' of people they were calling. Out of the first 400 people, I was list # 27* so I did not get a phone call until the middle of December, close to a month later, which worked out cause I was finishing up graduate school.) When I got the phone call, I was informed to come back on December 19th for a second drug test, since the drug test expires after 30 days.

IMHO, the definition of a drug test is when you urinate in a cup, and the laboratory assistant will seal it up and prepare it for Quest Diagnostics for testing. In addition, you sign a paper for Quest Diagnostics and also for the TA stating that you will be hired based on the satisfactory results of the drug test (or something similar).

So after the second drug test, I was called back on December 31st for Medical and possibly final processing. You first have to check in with HR, who will send you to medical. Once in medical, you will fill out a questionnaire on the computer about your medical history. Next, the nurse will call you, who will check your weight, height, blood pressure in both arms (to give you a fair chance), hearing, vision, EKG and your sugar, which is done by another urine test. Next, the doctor will call you in. The doctor will first go over your results from the nurse and the questionnaire from the computer about your medical history. Next, the doctor will step out so you can change into a gown so the doctor can examine you. The doctor will check your breathing, and have you do simple movements so they can check other items, such as bending over and touching your toes to check your backbone, squatting, simple head movements, etc. Once that is all done, the doctor will return to his/her desk in order to enter the results. Once you have put your regular clothes on, you are invited to sit back down to discuss the results.

Now, if all is successful, you will be sent to final processing (which I elaborated on further below). If not, like if the doctor finds something or if you have diabetes or another medical condition and you do not have a letter from another doctor stating that it is under control, you will be put on medical hold. You will be given a letter from MAC (Medical Assessment Center) to take to your doctor about the condition. HR will tell you to take care of this as soon as possible, since there are other people ahead of you waiting to get hired.

Now, in my case, since I had to see a neurologist about my muscle spasm, in which I had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, in addition to some tests being done, I returned to 180 Livingston Street on January 21st. I got the medical hold taken care of, however I had to take another drug test, cause the last one, which was conducted on December 17th, expired! Therefore, I had to take another drug test, which was very annoying. The next business day or 2, I got called to report to final processing that Friday, January 24th, 2014. I was told to report to Zerega Avenue on February 10th. If I had come back sooner, I would have probably gotten into the January 27th class. If this happened, would I have not gotten Supt. Hernandez out of Flatbush, since he favors those who have experience driving a bus compared to those who do not? I honestly don't know.

(Therefore, I am not going to mention names, however, I disagree 100% that medical is the final processing.)

After medical, if everything is successful, you will be sent to final processing. In final processing, they will examine your employment history and ask any questions about any discrepancies. In my case there were none, therefore they will look over the papers that HR gave to you to fill out while in medical, which includes Federal and State tax forms, NYCERS forms, etc. They will also give you your pass # and your BSC # in addition to fingerprinting. Finally, they will tell you when and where to report for training (Zerega Avenue for Bus Operators or somewhere else for another title), what to wear, since Bus Operators, Conductors, etc. do have to wear a uniform, and you get your picture taken for your pass, which you will receive in training.

Questions? Feel free to send me a private message. 

U might as well wait since September is around the corner & u know u gonna beat the ticket. Is that 4 pt ticket got speeding?

Yea, a 4 point speeding ticket. I know MTA allows up to 4 points I just want to avoid having them.

Archived