Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

What happens if my PCP GIVES ME CLEARANCE and medical test my blood pressure again and it still comes up high. What would be the sense if I got clearance from my PCP. WILL I STILL QUALIFY?

You're worried to much. Visit your doctor and don't worry about "what ifs" MTA has a lot of Operators who are not 100% healthy and they're on the job. Its all about who's the TA doctor that will evaluate, and if it meets DOT standards to Operate a commercial vehicle. The more you think about it, Its a possible chance you may experience  a higher level reading. Just relax and visit your doctor and see what changes that can be done to at least lower the blood pressure. Qualifying is just if you meet their standard for the job which is DOT's standards. The city and MTA just want to cover their ass for possible health threats that can cause harm while operating a commercial vehicle. Like everyone stated, Get your doctor involved and at least have it under control and you will go through the process with no worries. Keep your mind stress free. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do they check in the physical ?

From post #4611 on page 462 by Determined2B:

"it consists of more paperwork, a survey on their computer about your past(y/n questions) and health history,  a hearing test, they take your blood pressure and weight, then they take your urine for sugar, blood and other things not drug related that may indicate health issues, then they do the EKG and finally you do your vision test. once thats done you see their doctor he listens to your lungs, makes you stand on one leg/then the other, he makes you squat, walk on your toes/heals, checks your throat and decides wether your qualified or not. you take the paperwork back to the front counters and you do your interview, take your photos for your id/ and you do fingerprints and photo again. then your done. they give you your pension packet, life insurance documents and a whole bunch of other paperwork for the union and they tell you when to report."

From post # 4185 on page 419, by me:

"So after the second drug test, I was called back on December 31st for Medical and possibly final processing. You first have to check in with HR, who will send you to medical. Once in medical, you will fill out a questionnaire on the computer about your medical history. Next, the nurse will call you, who will check your weight, height, blood pressure in both arms (to give you a fair chance), hearing, vision, EKG and your sugar, which is done by another urine test. Next, the doctor will call you in. The doctor will first go over your results from the nurse and the questionnaire from the computer about your medical history. Next, the doctor will step out so you can change into a gown so the doctor can examine you. The doctor will check your breathing, and have you do simple movements so they can check other items, such as bending over and touching your toes to check your backbone, squatting, simple head movements, etc. Once that is all done, the doctor will return to his/her desk in order to enter the results. Once you have put your regular clothes on, you are invited to sit back down to discuss the results."

Hopefully this helps.

Do you need to fast since there checking your blood ?

I mean sugar ?

they don't check your blood, you pee in a cup. 

Your over thinking all of this & getting yourself worked up. 

Calm down and just go in. 

What is your list #? were you called already? 

From post #4611 on page 462 by Determined2B:

"it consists of more paperwork, a survey on their computer about your past(y/n questions) and health history,  a hearing test, they take your blood pressure and weight, then they take your urine for sugar, blood and other things not drug related that may indicate health issues, then they do the EKG and finally you do your vision test. once thats done you see their doctor he listens to your lungs, makes you stand on one leg/then the other, he makes you squat, walk on your toes/heals, checks your throat and decides wether your qualified or not. you take the paperwork back to the front counters and you do your interview, take your photos for your id/ and you do fingerprints and photo again. then your done. they give you your pension packet, life insurance documents and a whole bunch of other paperwork for the union and they tell you when to report."

From post # 4185 on page 419, by me:

"So after the second drug test, I was called back on December 31st for Medical and possibly final processing. You first have to check in with HR, who will send you to medical. Once in medical, you will fill out a questionnaire on the computer about your medical history. Next, the nurse will call you, who will check your weight, height, blood pressure in both arms (to give you a fair chance), hearing, vision, EKG and your sugar, which is done by another urine test. Next, the doctor will call you in. The doctor will first go over your results from the nurse and the questionnaire from the computer about your medical history. Next, the doctor will step out so you can change into a gown so the doctor can examine you. The doctor will check your breathing, and have you do simple movements so they can check other items, such as bending over and touching your toes to check your backbone, squatting, simple head movements, etc. Once that is all done, the doctor will return to his/her desk in order to enter the results. Once you have put your regular clothes on, you are invited to sit back down to discuss the results."

Hopefully this helps.

what Young says is true for some.

I went in to meet with the doc after peeing in cup / hearing / vision / BP and he told me to have a seat and we bullshitted for a few minutes while he filled out paper work - he touched my knee once and said does that hurt, I said no...and that was it. Ready to start training. 

When you do the questionnaire make sure you have all the same answers. No No NOOOO lol saying yes to even the most minor things just opens up pandoras box. 

Hey I have a quick question? I went in last week for my pre employment screening and i then received a 21 page packet to fill out. I went home was filling it out and i came upon the criminal conviction section . I was sketchy about disclosing my past summons for things like open container and a trespassing back when i was 16 because the form said arrest date. I was never arrested just given the summons to show up in court. I called the mta employment center and after an hour of trying to get through i got some guy on the phone. He seems confused about the info i was giving him and the questions i was asking so he abruptly told me write ur summons date in the arrest section and then hung up. Is that the correct info if anyone knows i have no problem disclosing this info its only summons but i don't want them to think i got arrested when in fact i never did

Okay I passed medical I want to thank everyone on here for their advice and tips I have to report to zarega in the Bronx on April 20th is there easy parking on the streets there ?

Congrats and there is parking if u get there before 550am or so. Otherwise gotta park a bit away and walk..not bad though.

Okay I passed medical I want to thank everyone on here for their advice and tips I have to report to zarega in the Bronx on April 20th is there easy parking on the streets there ?

You're welcome.

Congrats and there is parking if u get there before 550am or so. Otherwise gotta park a bit away and walk..not bad though.

There is a school bus company located directly across the street. Therefore, in my opinion, the earlier you get there, the better...

Thank you yeah k orginal got called last year but had to postpone

Thanks man.And congrats. My list # is 3188 just waiting to get this whole thing started... I'm just a bit anxious. Been out of work since Jan 1st 2015.

Hey I have a quick question? I went in last week for my pre employment screening and i then received a 21 page packet to fill out. I went home was filling it out and i came upon the criminal conviction section . I was sketchy about disclosing my past summons for things like open container and a trespassing back when i was 16 because the form said arrest date. I was never arrested just given the summons to show up in court. I called the mta employment center and after an hour of trying to get through i got some guy on the phone. He seems confused about the info i was giving him and the questions i was asking so he abruptly told me write ur summons date in the arrest section and then hung up. Is that the correct info if anyone knows i have no problem disclosing this info its only summons but i don't want them to think i got arrested when in fact i never did

Whats your list number????

As described above, a Desk Appearance Ticket is a form of arrest, so you have indeed been arrested.  You should include any such instances. 

Please share your list number so that everyone can get a sense of where HR is along in the hiring process. We recommend truncating or shortening your number, so 8999 becomes 899X or 89XX. Thanks!

As described above, a Desk Appearance Ticket is a form of arrest, so you have indeed been arrested.  You should include any such instances. 

Please share your list number so that everyone can get a sense of where HR is along in the hiring process. We recommend truncating or shortening your number, so 8999 becomes 899X or 89XX. Thanks!

a summons is not a desk appearance ticket, two different things.

but if whoever told you to write them in, then listen to them. It's not going to disqualify you, you may need depositions though. 

I never wrote the summons I received. All were similar to yours and I probably got more then you. 

a summons is not a desk appearance ticket, two different things.

but if whoever told you to write them in, then listen to them. It's not going to disqualify you, you may need depositions though. 

I never wrote the summons I received. All were similar to yours and I probably got more then you. 

This is correct, there is a separate distinction, oddly enough I just stumbled upon an old DAT envelope a detective gave me containing some paperwork. Though I have not yet started the process (I'm on 4600), I'd prefer to tell them first before they tell me after.

I went 180 Livingston thought I was doing a drug test today cause ive gotten the letter to take it. Come to find out the lady told me there not at my number so they gonna call me back to take it. Did this happen to anyone else?

Has anyone been through drug test and application process but then had to take the BOSS exam cause you did not take it the first time?

I don't think it goes that way. I think the MTA makes you take the BOSS first followed by the drug test and then employment processing. Keep in mind that the drug tests and the medical evaluations all cost $$, therefore why does the MTA want to waste their $$ on someone who failed the BOSS and/or the civil service start from the start?

Archived