Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

http://cristcdl.com/

Schedule an appointment for your test at the DMV office by fulton street in downtown manhattan. Very fast place and mostly never packed. Take the tests over if you fail same day if you have to. I took all my tests there. Its quick and easy. And also use the link i provided to practice. Just read the book.

I was just going to go to the DMV on staten island thats less than 15 mins away from me, is there any benefit to going to the one in manhattan? thanks for the link i appreciate it

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that office is closer then thats fine. I was just offering a better spot if you lived in brooklyn or queens. To me that place is faster than the dmvs in queens and brooklyn. Just study the book and you should be fine. Good luck and congrats on the call back. My list number is in the 200s for exam no. 4600 so ill be waiting for a bit

If that office is closer then thats fine. I was just offering a better spot if you lived in brooklyn or queens. To me that place is faster than the dmvs in queens and brooklyn. Just study the book and you should be fine. Good luck and congrats on the call back. My list number is in the 200s for exam no. 4600 so ill be waiting for a bit

Good luck, i was in the 2800s, took me a few years for the call but im extremely excited

I was just going to go to the DMV on staten island thats less than 15 mins away from me, is there any benefit to going to the one in manhattan? thanks for the link i appreciate it

The Staten Island one is fast. Go in there early get the free book, read the chapters there and then just take the test.

So I went to the DMV and took my cdl passangers permit test and passed, but I also didnt realize that I need to take the airbrake and general knowledge permit test. The airbrake one makes sense, but all of these practice tests I am taking on the various websites listed for general knowledge are asking me questions that dont pertain to bus drivers. I mean some questions are asking me how tight to tie down cargo and other various questions that dont have to do with operating a bus at all. Is this what I should expect on the actual general knowledge permit test?

So I went to the DMV and took my cdl passangers permit test and passed, but I also didnt realize that I need to take the airbrake and general knowledge permit test. The airbrake one makes sense, but all of these practice tests I am taking on the various websites listed for general knowledge are asking me questions that dont pertain to bus drivers. I mean some questions are asking me how tight to tie down cargo and other various questions that dont have to do with operating a bus at all. Is this what I should expect on the actual general knowledge permit test?

Yes. Questions like those are game..

Good morning, guys. I have been lurking for months and found some very helpful information on this site that has helped me throughout the process for TA bus driver. I do have some questions if anyone can help me out currently in on my fifth day of training and want to pick your guys brain.

1 I have issues with bus, sometimes I can't get the bus

moving because I have to step on a certain interlock and have the door handle on 3 or 4 which I get confused on.

2 I'm also having issues with sporting acute, obtuse and, right hook S turns.

3 when making the acute, obtuse, and right hook should I always turn to my right, because sometimes we turn to out left and I get a tad confused.

Any help would be greatful thank y'all so much.

Good morning, guys. I have been lurking for months and...

1 I have issues with bus, sometimes I can't get the bus

moving because I have to step on a certain interlock and have the door handle on 3 or 4 which I get confused on.

2 I'm also having issues with sporting acute, obtuse and, right hook S turns.

3 when making the acute, obtuse, and right hook should I always turn to my right, because sometimes we turn to out left and I get a tad confused.

Any help would be greatful thank y'all so much.

#1) The interlock position is at the one o'clock position and the four o'clock position. The three o'clock position, in the middle, in which both doors are closed. 

#2 and #3) Look at the handouts I posted, which can be found here, which my instructor let us borrow when I went through the 10-day training session back in February of 2014 (and failed). By looking at these documents, hopefully this will help you answer your questions.

From what I can remember: You just need to remember your reference points and your pivot points. If you follow the rules of covering your right and leaving 4 feet in between your right side and either the sidewalk or the parked cars, you should have enough room to make the turn. With the "hook" or S turn, you don't have that four feet for whatever reason, therefore, that's why you have to initially turn to the left first before turning the wheel to the right.

Also, from what I remember,75% of the students qualify on Day 9 (which is a repeat of [i think] Day 6 in Uptown Manhattan, just a different route). If you do go the extra two days, your "new" instructor will answer anything on Day 8, clear up any issues, etc. Day 9, he/she is going to be the exact opposite and just evaluate you, until you are done with your evaluation.

#United4NYCTF (and I will still be here regardless of what happens)

#1) The interlock position is at the one o'clock position and the four o'clock position. The three o'clock position, in the middle, in which both doors are closed.

#2 and #3) Look at the handouts I posted, which can be found here, which my instructor let us borrow when I went through the 10-day training session back in February of 2014 (and failed). By looking at these documents, hopefully this will help you answer your questions.

From what I can remember: You just need to remember your reference points and your pivot points. If you follow the rules of covering your right and leaving 4 feet in between your right side and either the sidewalk or the parked cars, you should have enough room to make the turn. With the "hook" or S turn, you don't have that four feet for whatever reason, therefore, that's why you have to initially turn to the left first before turning the wheel to the right.

Also, from what I remember,75% of the students qualify on Day 9 (which is a repeat of [i think] Day 6 in Uptown Manhattan, just a different route). If you do go the extra two days, your "new" instructor will answer anything on Day 8, clear up any issues, etc. Day 9, he/she is going to be the exact opposite and just evaluate you, until you are done with your evaluation.

#United4NYCTF (and I will still be here regardless of what happens)

Thank you so much for the sheets and responding this means a lot. If I may ask when you took the test did you have to actually call out the turns?

Thank you so much for the sheets and responding this means a lot. If I may ask when you took the test did you have to actually call out the turns?

As far as the sheets, you're welcome. The answer to your question: The Superintendent I had didn't require that. However, in addition to calling out the necessary things, different Superintendents/Instructors may require you to call out other things, so just be prepared.

Mine is 3394

Mine is 3394

Hey is this your first time going to livingston? My list number was 3528 and they sent me a letter had me go in for the drug and alcohol test last week, but today I received a letter in the mail telling me to go to Livingston again to do another drug and alcohol test. I gave them a call and they said it was most likely just a mistake and they just sent me a second letter on accident but I wanted to see if anybody else had to go a second time or received a second letter like I did and found out they did not need to go a second time. Thanks.

Archived