•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * * 4 votes

Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Official fantasy

4550 replies to this topic

#1 B36 Via Ave U

B36 Via Ave U
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Wanted to create a Brooklyn Bus Thread. First I was thinking, would a B36 LTD work, stoping at Nostrand/U, Nostrand/Z, Z/Ocean Ave, bypass the station, next stop CI AVE, then the hospital, West 5th/Neptune, Surf/Stilwell and it's last stop, also West 33rd/Mermaid Ave U bound, just an idea, open to criticism.
    Also other ideas about SW Brooklyn bus routes as a whole.

#2 NX Express

NX Express
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Too few stops. And why in the world would you bypass Sheepshead Bay Station?
    Please mind the gap between the train and the platform.

#3 B36 Via Ave U

B36 Via Ave U
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

True, I guess I'd add the station, west 10th/surf, all Oceab Pkway stops, but ur right, stupid idea leaving out the station.

#4 Broadway Local

Broadway Local
    • Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,087 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

B36 is a busy route, but it's not right to be limited because of the shortness of this route!

What NX Express said, why in the world would you want the limited to skip the Sheepshead Bay Station? Bus stops near the stations are busy, so that's a really bad idea!

So no B36 routes can be limited!

#5 B36 Via Ave U

B36 Via Ave U
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ok, thanks for the criticism.

#6 Shortline Bus

Shortline Bus
    • Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 13,992 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

I was thinking, would a B36 LTD work, stoping at Nostrand/U, Nostrand/Z, Z/Ocean Ave, bypass the station, next stop CI AVE, then the hospital, West 5th/Neptune, Surf/Stilwell and it's last stop, also West 33rd/Mermaid Ave U bound, just an idea, open to criticism.

Welcome aboard (B36);). Please introduce yourself in new members section when you can? I see you live in LI, did you live in Brooklyn near the '36" at one point?

Second i know the (B36) well as i used to live in CI/Sea Gate area at the West 37th Street gate. With that said, The (B36) does not need a limited. It needs better headways and even short trips i.e Sheepshead Station and West 37th during rush hours. If anything the (B3) and even the (B8) which are both busier crosstown routes needs it more.

A big factor in increasing B36 ridership was the cut of (B4) service to Knapp Street. That put more pressure on the "36" and reason it subject to more delays as the only east-west route connecting the Sheapshead road station with rest of Sheapshead Bay. So sorry gotta disagree. The B36 needs better and more frequent service along restoring at least all day weekday the (B4) to Knapp Street *first* before we talk about a 'limited."

Sorry gotta to disagree.

#7 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,334 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Welcome aboard (B36);). Please introduce yourself in new members section when you can? I see you live in LI, did you live in Brooklyn near the '36" at one point?

Second i know the (B36) well as i used to live in CI/Sea Gate area at the West 37th Street gate. With that said, The (B36) does not need a limited. It needs better headways and even short trips i.e Sheepshead Station and West 37th during rush hours. If anything the (B3) and even the (B8) which are both busier crosstown routes needs it more.

A big factor in increasing B36 ridership was the cut of (B4) service to Knapp Street. That put more pressure on the "36" and reason it subject to more delays as the only east-west route connecting the Sheapshead road station with rest of Sheapshead Bay. So sorry gotta disagree. The B36 needs better and more frequent service along restoring at least all day weekday the (B4) to Knapp Street *first* before we talk about a 'limited."

Sorry gotta to disagree.

I agree BUT I think select B36s could be made limited, similar to what they do with the M4 during rush hour. Just during the rush you could have some of them run limited. I mean think about it... Most of the B36 riders are folks coming from the subway so it would benefit them greatly to have a faster connection. Plus the folks from the B4 were left with only the B36 to get to the subway.

BxM2-WESTMIDTOWN_zps03c172c1.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

#8 B36 Via Ave U

B36 Via Ave U
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Definentlly, it was a mistake cuttin the 4, it should be 5-11 Monday through sat and 8-10 on Sunday, that would help the 36, and I really like the idea for the short run buses and as for me and Brooklyn, the36, and me living in Huntington, I go to Brooklyn all the time, every vacation and almost every weekend, I grew up on the 36, my first ride was in 2001 on the 36 on bus 9098. And I refer to Sheapshead Bay as my second home.

#9 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,334 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Definentlly, it was a mistake cuttin the 4, it should be 5-11 Monday through sat and 8-10 on Sunday, that would help the 36, and I really like the idea for the short run buses and as for me and Brooklyn, the36, and me living in Huntington, I go to Brooklyn all the time, every vacation and almost every weekend, I grew up on the 36, my first ride was in 2001 on the 36 on bus 9098. And I refer to Sheapshead Bay as my second home.

I grew up in Sheepshead Bay right by Avenue Z and could see the B36 from my window, so I'm very connected to the line as well. A real shame how the (MTA) has destroyed local bus service, ESPECIALLY in Southern Brooklyn. :mad: :tdown::tdown:

BxM2-WESTMIDTOWN_zps03c172c1.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

#10 B36 Via Ave U

B36 Via Ave U
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 473 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yea, screwing the B4, the B2, reducing B36 service, 12-15 min weekend service is not enough, it should be every 10 Mins:mad: , and at the least, every other bus off peak for the 4 should go to sheepshead bay, and some form of Weekend Service for the B2, but the MTA wont listen.;) And its nice to find someone who's as connected to that line as I am.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official, fantasy