Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

albany cdta what do you think about the 96,432 & 870

The 96 and 870, while the people it served needed those services, they just cost to much money. Too much money to run, too much money to pay the drivers, not to mention excruciating deadhead times.

The 432, i'm surprised was just flat out cancelled. Yet again, deadhead times and lengths are an issue. That was why the NX service to Mechanicville was cancelled, and why ultimately the 432 was aswell.

Since there are upstate NY/Albany, Five Boroughs, NICE, Bee-Line, maybe we should also have thread for

Transportation service in Connecticut.

CT Transit- all division, Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority, Norwalk Wheels, 9 Towns, Mildford Transit, Housatonic Area Rapid Transit.

Yuki Boston aka MBTA and Mass as a whole is a long way from NYC. If that case we should have one for Chicago lol. Lets stick it closer to the NYC region.

Yuki Boston aka MBTA and Mass as a whole is a long way from NYC. If that case we should have one for Chicago lol. Lets stick it closer to the NYC region.

Wouldn't it be easier if we just had one that covered all the systems?

I didn't say MBTA.

Greater Bridgeport Transportation Authority is also in Metro-North Area, that's why.

All transits I mention are Metro-North Area mostly.

The 41 is long enough

The 41 is the longer physical route, but the 11 (on average) has a longer runtime - primarily b/c it sees more passengers....

Whether the 11/41 should be one route is rather moot - because some 11's already turn into 41's at Stamford's transcenter (which is what QJT was pointing out).....

The 96 and 870, while the people it served needed those services, they just cost to much money. Too much money to run, too much money to pay the drivers, not to mention excruciating deadhead times.

The 432, i'm surprised was just flat out cancelled. Yet again, deadhead times and lengths are an issue. That was why the NX service to Mechanicville was cancelled, and why ultimately the 432 was aswell.

I am in shock the 810&812 still exist trailways can easily replace em and provide easier access to ski areas. The DH on mechanicville could have been shortened if the useless citybus there was axed so CDTA can get their garage so 432 could absorb the service levels of the city rtes in mechanicville that go nowhere useful. 96 & 870 you dont run once a week and expect ridership!!!!!!! It's schedule is too inconvenient for ppl to even use 870 would have done better if extended to gloversville with some trips to amsterdam heck it could have merged with one of the routes there CDTA could have jointly operated it with fulton county's bus system. This way it would serve tourists better and encourage ppl to visit more add a zone based fare to it to represent distance traveled and merge recovery of 2 lines 1 in saratoga springs the other in gloversville and new ppl travelling inbetween. If timed with intercity bus then ppl heading west of saratoga springs can skip albany. 96 its schedule says it all its DH was so long it should never even DH it should be revenue on all runs to have a bus with 5 ppl is better than a bus with NO ppl

I am in shock the 810&812 still exist trailways can easily replace em and provide easier access to ski areas. The DH on mechanicville could have been shortened if the useless citybus there was axed so CDTA can get their garage so 432 could absorb the service levels of the city rtes in mechanicville that go nowhere useful. 96 & 870 you dont run once a week and expect ridership!!!!!!! It's schedule is too inconvenient for ppl to even use 870 would have done better if extended to gloversville with some trips to amsterdam heck it could have merged with one of the routes there CDTA could have jointly operated it with fulton county's bus system. This way it would serve tourists better and encourage ppl to visit more add a zone based fare to it to represent distance traveled and merge recovery of 2 lines 1 in saratoga springs the other in gloversville and new ppl travelling inbetween. If timed with intercity bus then ppl heading west of saratoga springs can skip albany. 96 its schedule says it all its DH was so long it should never even DH it should be revenue on all runs to have a bus with 5 ppl is better than a bus with NO ppl

Remember Trailways is there just to provide service where there are no transportation options, or where there are big cities. All buses go through places where bus options are limited or nothing. CDTA is the local transportation of the Captial District in Upstate. Trailways is a second hand carrier. Trailways makes stops in Ulster because Ulster has limited service options. Most of UCAT's buses run in the east and in the south. Trailways can't override the CDTA. Besides, the fare on Trailways would cost higher than on CDTA, depending where you go

Remember Trailways is there just to provide service where there are no transportation options, or where there are big cities. All buses go through places where bus options are limited or nothing. CDTA is the local transportation of the Captial District in Upstate. Trailways is a second hand carrier. Trailways makes stops in Ulster because Ulster has limited service options. Most of UCAT's buses run in the east and in the south. Trailways can't override the CDTA. Besides, the fare on Trailways would cost higher than on CDTA, depending where you go

Not bad young man. In future the region name for the Albany region thru Saratoga Springs is the Captial District.

And Q23 you correct. For instance UCAT In Ulster County has a local route between New Paltz and Kingston that also serves Ulster Community College. It also only runs weekdays but the fare is only $1.50. However on weekends the only transit option is Trailways between New Paltz and Kingston. That fare i believe is around $4-$5. So in much of Upstate NY including my neck of the woods, Trailways and Coach USA provides limited amount of "Backup service."

Another is in Dutchess County along Route 9. When Dutchess Loop A & B does not run on Sundays and Holidays, the only transit option between poughkeepsie and Fishkill is using the Newburgh branch of Coach USA which is extended about 3-4x a day to Poughkeepsie.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't be serious with having the 59 as being the only local route going to Palisade mall & Nyack during the weekday....

I having problems with the link. Is Q23 that serious with Palisades Mall only being served by the #59? Guess Q23 is again showing he should stick to the NYC boros as he probably never been on TOR and needs to study it more before making suggestions.

There a reason almost all of the TOR routes stop/terminate there (Palasides)! Not to mention the Coach USA/Rockland Coach #20 as well.

Guys not picking on Q23 but you all know by now, I am the nicer Simon Cromwell of NYCTF judges lol. :lol:

Can you explain it please Q23? The link wont open.

59 is retained with no cuts

61: New Route, from Spring Valley to New City

91: Extended to Sparekill and Shortened to terminate at Haverstraw. Service to New City Discontinued, use the new 61 for service there

92: Discontinued with sections from Sparekill to Spring Valley taken over by the 91, and the section along NY 303 being replaced by the 97

93 is retained but extended to Nyack serving the Palisades Mall to relieve the 59 along the shared section

95 is retained

97 would operate current route rush hours, and have midday service run between Tompkins Cove and Sparkill, and weekend service between West Haverstraw

In response to the 59 being the only bus serving the mall, the 97 and 93 will serve the mall as well.

In response to the 59 being the only bus serving the mall, the 97 and 93 will serve the mall as well.

You edited your map sometime after I made that reply....

Because you DID have the 59 as the only local route serving palisades & nyack on your map.....

You edited your map sometime after I made that reply....

Because you DID have the 59 as the only local route serving palisades & nyack on your map.....

I admit, yes, after you replied I changed it ( unlike some people, I won't name people), and the 59 was the only local route serving the area on the map at the time, but made my new 97 serve it as well as my new 93 serve it. The 94 is not on the map but I will put it, don't think I discontinued it. BTW the 94 would terminate at Helen Hayes Hospital All times. The 97 would serve Tompkins Cove

I admit, yes, after you replied I changed it ( unlike some people, I won't name people), and the 59 was the only local route serving the area on the map at the time, but made my new 97 serve it as well as my new 93 serve it. The 94 is not on the map but I will put it, don't think I discontinued it. BTW the 94 would terminate at Helen Hayes Hospital All times. The 97 would serve Tompkins Cove

problem RT 9 Goes there. and thas redundant

lets be honest all TOR needs is better marketing and splitting up 91 into 2 or 3 but preferably 2 routes U shaped lines are ugly and unsightly. The rest are fine TZX needs LESS STOPS!!!! at all times. and another route for tarrytown at off peak times via extension of 91 eastern part. Rt should absorb some duplicate lines killing redundancy. Restructuring of 92 is doable. The RT 20 needs to be restructured along with 84 which needs life. You can't make a proper rockland proposal without considering R&T and surrounding counties. Heck Northern bergen also is part of the CUSA service area. So a change in rockland effects parts of orange there are gaps in connectivity.

lets be honest all TOR needs is better marketing and splitting up 91 into 2 or 3 but preferably 2 routes U shaped lines are ugly and unsightly. The rest are fine TZX needs LESS STOPS!!!! at all times. and another route for tarrytown at off peak times via extension of 91 eastern part. Rt should absorb some duplicate lines killing redundancy. Restructuring of 92 is doable. The RT 20 needs to be restructured along with 84 which needs life. You can't make a proper rockland proposal without considering R&T and surrounding counties. Heck Northern bergen also is part of the CUSA service area. So a change in rockland effects parts of orange there are gaps in connectivity.

Good points. I admit i dont know TOR that well (i only been on the TZX #59 92/97 when i attended classes at LIU-Rockland last fall)

With that said, the TZX "regular service" between Tarrytown/WP and Spring Valley makes way too many stops. The #59 is supposed to be the Local Version of the TZX. Overall the TZX should be run as a NYC style "Limited Stop" bus route.

Not to mention the only time the TZX should be hourly service is late evening and most of Saturday.

And more weekday "express" service between Suffern and Tarrytown as well.

In other words my proposal in which Nyack service is restuctred and limited.

Weekday Rush Hours.

TZX renamed the "Z" route runs between Spring Valley and White Plains via Palsides and Nyack. No stops in Tarrytown.

30-minute headways

TZX rebnamed the "X" runs between Suffern and Tarrytown via Palasides. "Express" via NY Thruway.

TZX renamed the "Y" which includes part of the #91 extension via Local to/from Tarrytown via Nyack and Palsides. Rush Hour only.

Replaces TZX "short turn" Palsides-Tarrytown service via Nyack.

Weekday Middays (appx. 930am-3pm)and Early Evening (appx. 7pm-10pm)

"Z" aka current TZX route. Existing service between Spring Valley and White Plains via Tarrytown. Limited stops and restucture of Nyack. Every 60 minutes.

"X" runs between Suffern and Tarrytown via Palasides(replaces the Shortline/Coach USA runs). No Nyack. Every 60 minutes.

Tarrytown station now gets Rockland bus service every half hour weekday middays and evenings until around 9pm.

Weekday late evenings and Most of Saturday(except for 4-8pm)

"Z" aka current TZX route. Existing service between Spring Valley and White Plains via Tarrytown. Limited stops and restucture of Nyack. Every 60 minutes

Saturdays evening (4-930pm)only

Additional short turn service on the "Z" via Local to/from Tarrytown and Spring Valley. via Nyack and Palsides. Gives Tarrytown riders

30 minute service Saturdays during busiest hours of the malls along Route 59.

Reactions?

I'd give the 1, 20, and 60 Hourly night service to begin with.

Q23 I agree with the the 1/2 only between Downtown Yonkers and 242 St and the #20 getting owl service. However the #60 does not need overnight service. If anything the #7 crosstown between New Rochelle and Dowtown Yonkers needs it much more.

As i stated before Q23 and guys in earlier posts only the #1/2 between Yonkers and 242 St. 7, 20 and maybe the #42 New Rochelle/Mt. Vernon-242 St (2) station needs 24/7 service.

Archived