NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

well since we have nice,beeline and NYC why not NJT.

start Northern:

752/186: eliminate 752 service east of englewood due to many alternatives 186 eliminate teneck rd segment due to duplication. Then merge 752 with 186 186 improves to every 30 mins to compensate west of englewood.

182 extend to montclair university via outwater ln and clifton ave timed with trains at clifton and plauderville if 705 gets axed then 182 can take on those ppl with a boost to 182 service. 191 gets improved to hourly times with 182. with 705 out 191 gets powered up. Not sure with this one.

30 extend to irvington bus terminal and replace 42.

704 extend to cresskill via fairlawn ave then bergen community college and midland ave to riveredge train station to madison ave then all the way to cresskill. 753 is too infrequent for madison so 704 will do it better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
182 extend to montclair university via outwater ln and clifton ave timed with trains at clifton and plauderville if 705 gets axed then 182 can take on those ppl with a boost to 182 service. 191 gets improved to hourly times with 182. with 705 out 191 gets powered up. Not sure with this one.

30 extend to irvington bus terminal and replace 42.

Red: That's way too much changes just to send the 182 to MSU, furthermore its pointless because trains go to NYC from MSU.

Blue: As go25 stated earlier, there is no reason to extend the 30 to Irvington when the 13,25,GO25,37,39,70 and 96 can already take you to Penn Station from there.

I concede with blue BUT red you don't get it. That combines 2 lines and creates a crosstown on outwater ln. PABT & GWB are 2 different places plus 182 serves much more than GWB last I checked it serves northeast hudson via links at ft lee. Also better links to other 700 lines that montclair line doesnt reach. 182 & boonton line serve vastly different areas.

in simple terms cut 1 line extend another then powerup another if mapped you will understand my reasoning. Its not about a lines origin but how can the network link together.

another change reroute 451 to pennsahuken transit center via haddonfield rd north of patco. Duplicating patco is pointless.

i also want to comment on some of the proposed cuts:

43: i am wondering how this route is lowly used. This is the only route that serves the Wal-Mart in Kearny and goes to both JC & NWK. the 40 should not be extended to that area but the 30 should on every houry trip *just suggesting*

62: this is the interesting one, since NJT wants branch off its service to better serve the NWK-Elizabeth corridor. Convert to a express route?

i also want to comment on some of the proposed cuts:

43: i am wondering how this route is lowly used. This is the only route that serves the Wal-Mart in Kearny and goes to both JC & NWK. the 40 should not be extended to that area but the 30 should on every houry trip *just suggesting*

62: this is the interesting one, since NJT wants branch off its service to better serve the NWK-Elizabeth corridor. Convert to a express route?

the 30 doing hourly service to walmart would be good.

then again any service that can serve walmart other than the 43 would be great... well that's just me.

Several Proposals

316: Seasonal Service discontinued. Several 551 buses however will make up for the loss

551: Service extended to Cape May 4 roundtrips a day during the Summer to replace 316

67: Discontinue

339: Service extended via 67 former routing to Toms River.

317: Extended to Red Bank via 832 routing, then 835 route to Sea Bright

Several Proposals

316: Seasonal Service discontinued. Several 551 buses however will make up for the loss

551: Service extended to Cape May 4 roundtrips a day during the Summer to replace 316

67: Discontinue

339: Service extended via 67 former routing to Toms River.

317: Extended to Red Bank via 832 routing, then 835 route to Sea Bright

why on earth would they discontinue the 67??? thats my old alternate to the 62 & go28 to NWK airport. its the only route that serves Newark to go towards Toms River since NJCL trains dont go there

also on the 78: that route has been losing as time went by after the Secaucus Junction opened. how good was the service in Secaucus?

a new suggestion: change the go25 from rush hours service only to a almost 24 hour service to improve traffic and late buses on Springfield Ave

I stated the 139 would replace it the whole way (except for part-time service)

You missing the point Q23. Since it seems you never been on it, the #67 provides the only 1-seat transit ride between Downtown Newark/Newark Airport and Old Bridge/Rt.9 coordior and Toms River. Why should those going between Newark and NJ shore have to backtrack to NYC and go to the PABT? Not to mention the #67 provides coverage on Rt.9 as a 2nd route when 139 is delayed on Manhattan trips.

It not the same to make proposals for bus ideas from a map or computer if you never been on it. Not meant to be rude but Q23 I think you should stick to NYC bus ideas.

- 551 to cape may ?? yeah right.... NJT is on the money with a commuter route b/w AC & Philly...... 551 & 553 are NJT's "money" routes out of AC.....

You're severely underestimating the 551's usage out of Avandale p&r.... Your idea would force NJT to dwindle service on the 552 for the sake of getting rid of a seasonal route..... No way would NJT extend a few 551's to cape may from AC AND have 552's running ~ every hour to cape may out of AC....

- discontinue the 67? what the hell..... How in the world would Newark (and EWR) riders get to/from route 9?

the 139 does NOTHING for those heading to/from Newark..... the 137 & the 319 out of PABT already go to toms river.... it's asinine to send another route out of PABT (139) to toms river in lieu of getting rid of the 67..... 139 got enough service patterns as it is.....

- 317 to sea bright via red bank? clearly you've never rode/drove along route 35 towards red bank.... and then you want to send another route to sea bright; for what..... You are adding another 60-75 mins to an already 4 hour long route.....

Edited by B35 via Church

- 551 to cape may ?? yeah right.... NJT is on the money with a commuter route b/w AC & Philly...... 551 & 553 are NJT's "money" routes out of AC.....

You're severely underestimating the 551's usage out of Avandale p&r.... Your idea would force NJT to dwindle service on the 552 for the sake of getting rid of a seasonal route..... No way would NJT extend a few 551's to cape may from AC AND have 552's running ~ every hour to cape may out of AC....

- discontinue the 67? what the hell..... How in the world would Newark (and EWR) riders get to/from route 9?

the 139 does NOTHING for those heading to/from Newark..... the 137 & the 319 out of PABT already go to toms river.... it's asinine to send another route out of PABT (139) to toms river in lieu of getting rid of the 67..... 139 got enough service patterns as it is.....

- 317 to sea bright via red bank? clearly you've never rode/drove along route 35 towards red bank.... and then you want to send another route to sea bright; for what..... You are adding another 60-75 mins to an already 4 hour long route.....

Bro(B35) and i thought i was tough on Q23 on replying to the #67. Q23 is a teen from Queens and seems to making all of these suggestions from reading a map from his computer lol.

And likely never been of any of the lines he proposing.

At least a good poster checkmate will ask questions while making route proposals even if never been on it.

Anyone from Southern NJ care to chip in on proposals that NJT has thought of?

Well, I'd love to see some major changes to South Jersey routes to make them ore effective to get people to jobs and improve connectivity to the main rail lines [PATCO and the RiverLINE]:

1]split the present 400 into 3 routes: 400 Express /Philly-Sicklerville: Start in Philly, stop at WRTC in Camden, express to Deptford Mall, stop at mall, then express to Blackwood, then local to Sicklerville. 420/421 local on Mt. Ephram/Black Horse Pike: Both routes start at WRTC, then 420 would serve Deptford Mall and the County complex at Lakeland, end at Cross Keys Commons. 421 would serve Bellmawr Industrial park, Camden Co. College main campus, and extended to Lindenwold PATCO.

2]Extend 405 northward on Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 130, Cinnaminson Ave to Palmyra RiverLINE station. Connects Cherry Hill Mall with RiverLINE without making people go into Camden to transfer.

3]Split 409 into two routes: 409 Robeling to Philly, and 623 Willingboro to Trenton. Thanks to the RiverLINE nobody rides the 409 from Camden to Trenton anymore [LRT is faster and cheaper], split the bus lines to turn them around faster.

4]Reroute 419 between Riverside and Burlington via Pavilion Ave, Fairview St, Rt. 130, Beverly-Rancocas Rd, JFK Way, Levitt Parkway, Willingboro Town Center, Woodlane Rd, and Warren St/Beverly Rd [rt. 543-River Rd] into Burlington. Cut out the 409 Country Club Plaza routing [now served by the 419], provide more internal service within Willingboro. the 419 runs empty outside of Pennsaulen, this reroute would juice up the routing.

More will be coming soon.

139 has englishtown freehold to ny. 139 via union hill rd and another variant via freehold raceway mall and an 195 express. Q23 it is obvious you havent used NJT so just listen to others here. several have made interesting ideas. However the 67 as important as it is the only way to axe it is to create the 60 toms river newark airport express via OLD BRIDGE P&R times with 139. Plus 139 gets raped with traffic so unless you add service to 64/63 killing 67 aint gonna fly. I studied NJ and travelled extensively before creating any NJT ideas. I am aware noone uses full 409 anymore I will give my takes soon.

3]Split 409 into two routes: 409 Robeling to Philly, and 623 Willingboro to Trenton. Thanks to the RiverLINE nobody rides the 409 from Camden to Trenton anymore [LRT is faster and cheaper], split the bus lines to turn them around faster.

I'll take your word for it on how to carve up the 409, but you're spot on about no one riding the 409 from [philly or camden] to trenton....

another that ive noticed: since NJT split the 39 to create the 30, service on that route has been great but there have been cases where i seen people walking from the walmart and they have complained about how the 43 was created to serve the employees of the USPS warehouse there instead of being also conscious of the walmart there. but thats just me speaking