Since NYC Horse Carriage count as NYC Vehicle, I put it here.
NYC Horse Carriage Drivers has lots of ASCPA and NYS Traffic Violation.
Only two of Horse Carriage Drivers were nice and other are rude to activist.
Last Saturday, I caught #1103 carrying 6 passengers, which they're require by law to have 4-passenger per carriage.
They also risk pedestrian's lives at risk because they jump red light, which one of pedestrian thought they suppose to obey the law.
They also operates in law where ASCPA suspend HACK LINE when wheather reach 90*F in summer or 18*F.
This is reason New York for Cleaner, Liable and Safer Street, Ban for Horse Colision want City Council Members to take action on Introdo 86A to replace with this nicest car.
I also went to Huname Society Lobby Day in Albany and I met with New York State Assembly Member Michael DenDekker, and his office was in Jackson Heights and he also has been fighting against horse carriage industry as well.
1. This electric antique vintage car will be fully founded by NY Class and there will be no weather suspension.
2. NY Class want to pilot this program with permission from city and parks department, and follows same route as carriage driver.
3. This will be built in garages in outer boroughs.
4. This car will fit 7-passengers.
5. This will provide slow speed in Central Park and catch up with traffic speed on city street.
6. NY Class, PETA, and ASCPA thinks this will workout better than carriage ride.
Also horse carriage drivers would not loose business and they will get their medallion exchange with carriage, where carriage horses will have freedom.
Also stables where horses are kept are not meant for housing horses.
Edited by FamousNYLover, 18 July 2012 - 07:43 PM.