The Throwies Series, Part 1: TMC

The Real

Hello everyone,

This is the beginning of a series of photos I will be posting back from when I was a teen and first started shooting bus photos with disposable and point & shoot 35mm cameras, before digital..back when you didn't know if you F$ed up a photo until AFTER you spent your money developing the roll of flim (God the hobby was so much more expensive back then). So sit back and Enjoy!

NYCB_TMC_8009.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8217.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8292.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8350.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8398.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8400d.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8425.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8500.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8561.jpg

NYCB_TMC_8678b.jpg

Love seeing this stuff Trevor, I can only hope in 15 years I get to look back on my shots like this. It drives me nuts too cause for two years now I've been searching for my box of slides but I can't find it, I took all these film bus shots during the 90s to early 2000s and I don't what happened to them. Really got stuff you got here anyway, favorite has to be the shot of 8292.

1993 when I was 13 years old....here is my first photo ever:

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

I remember it just like that!!! Tho I didn't know they had the exhaust pipes on the top, always thought those came in, in the early 2000s. Thanks for the throw back!!

These are very interesting shots. I myself have gone through old photos and videos this summer. It's good to revive the past like this. :)

BTW, the RTS in the 5th photo, was it inherited from the private companies, and did it see service in the MTA?

1993 when I was 13 years old....here is my first photo ever:

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

Damn I really miss those days. I remember living in Fresh Meadows along 188th when these showed up at QV and Jamaica. The original iteration of the Series 50 and the Alcoas made them official. Used to love going to Jamaica Ave for the private bus line TMCs

Archived