Member Ratings question.

I have a question..

Can anybody tel me how many years you have to be here to become a senior or veteran member? I also want to point out my member title is 'Senior Member" but the group says "Member". What is this about?

Thanks!

-(B)(K)(7)

Well it all depends on how much posting you have done. The more post range you go through, the rank grows for Member title. I don't know how much post minimum is required to reach a rank, but that all depends on what the Administrators set.

For the Group title, I think that is for those who have been here for more then 2 Years, Staff and are Transit Employees. There is Member (Less then 2 Years), Senior Member (+2), Veteran Member(+3 or 4) and others.

The member title from what I've seen doesn't change unless a mod or admin changes to something custom like contributor....

For the group title, Your member rank will change to senior member once you've been here for one full year.... For veteran, I believe you need three plus years here....

Senior Members are members who have joined the forum for at least 1 year [365 days] and have [probably] at least a certain number of posts on the entire board. Usually it is 100 posts, but it's customizable by the Administrators [Harry and Brighton Local in this case].

Veteran Members are members that are consistently active on the site during their 2-4 years here, which I am not, so that's why I and many others are still a Senior Member, but have join dates around or before the current group of Veterans.

F.A.Q.: Is there special priveledges for Veteran Members?

A: There are no special priveledges for Veteran Members other than being recognized for being a consistent senior member activity wise, FYI.

What's your pm capacity? (Mine is 500 messages) I'm wondering if you get more under certain titles or if everyone has the same limit across the board.

I guess the Veterans get double capacity of PM Message space, my quota (and I assume all Senior Members) is 250 messages and I believe Members have a quota of 100 messages, I am pretty sure staff has much more space, and admins get the Maximum [or the ceiling the board system/skin permits].

30 days as a New Member > Member

365 days as a member > Senior Member

1460 days as a Senior Member > Veteran Member

Member titles have nothing to do with post counts.

Also, Moderators and Senior Moderators do not have any control of member titles.

What's your pm capacity? (Mine is 500 messages) I'm wondering if you get more under certain titles or if everyone has the same limit across the board.
I guess the Veterans get double capacity of PM Message space, my quota (and I assume all Senior Members) is 250 messages and I believe Members have a quota of 100 messages, I am pretty sure staff has much more space, and admins get the Maximum [or the ceiling the board system/skin permits].

I didn't know there was rhyme or reason in regards to the amt. of PM space forum members get....

I thought since the forum upgrade, everyone ended up gettin up to 500 msgs ..... I guess not, now that I happen to stumble onto this thread.....

Archived