Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:21 PM, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

Been on the job 6 months. Making a lot of money and not killing myself. Tons of overtime, bids come out every month so you have an opportunity to move around to other departments. Cleaning, maintenance, capital or rails. I’m in capital construction. We’re woeking 7 days a week 14-16 hour days. An occasional overnight once or twice a week OT. By the end of this year I’ll make 50k within 6 months at base pay

I advise everyone on the 3600 exam to get annoying and call and show up to Livingston as much as possible. I’m telling you this job will change your life. If you knew how sweet this gig was, benefits are amazing, 2 other retirement options on top of your city pension.  In 6 months I’ve bought a car, saving for a house, and am fully taking care of my family. I was borderline depressed before this job because of financial struggles

And track guys are the coolest. It’s a locker room environment. We treat women with the most respect and give them the easier jobs. But the boys, we joke on each other all day and go out frequently for drinks. Feels good to finally fit in. Don’t let anything discourage you from getting your job man!! I had to jump through all types of hoops to get it. Worth every tribulation! 

The username is hilarious. My list # is in the 1700s. I was able to get my name back on the list so I'm think I'm going to take your advise and start calling up to Livingston. Whats the number? 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BihanCameo said:

The username is hilarious. My list # is in the 1700s. I was able to get my name back on the list so I'm think I'm going to take your advise and start calling up to Livingston. Whats the number? 

347-643-8229/30/31/32. If you encounter any problems, you can try to call Ms. Rivera.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

On 1/24/2019 at 10:06 PM, BihanCameo said:

1700 you should be called no time. They gotta be around the 2,500 by now. Idk when the list expires, there’s all sorts of bs rumors I won’t believe anything till I see it in writing 

& @ my user name lol it’s the truth man. Life was rough before this job. I’m grateful for the opportunity and that’s why I continuously share my insight with you guys. I was that guy checking this website every night before bed hoping for some information. Told myself if I ever got called I’d contribute to this forum on my free time to help the next guy

On 1/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

1700 you should be called no time. They gotta be around the 2,500 by now. Idk when the list expires, there’s all sorts of bs rumors I won’t believe anything till I see it in writing 

& @ my user name lol it’s the truth man. Life was rough before this job. I’m grateful for the opportunity and that’s why I continuously share my insight with you guys. I was that guy checking this website every night before bed hoping for some information. Told myself if I ever got called I’d contribute to this forum on my free time to help the next guy

What kind of rumors have been going around? 

I haven't been able to get any real information about the previous or next class. Idk if they are still hiring off of it but I know it expires in december of this year. 

I've been a little depressed myself for a while now. This is not really a job I've thought of doing but it would be a big plus to be able to support my family the way you say have. 

Haven't been able to get in contact with Ms. Rivera either but I haven't left a message yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, BihanCameo said:

What kind of rumors have been going around? 

I haven't been able to get any real information about the previous or next class. Idk if they are still hiring off of it but I know it expires in december of this year. 

I've been a little depressed myself for a while now. This is not really a job I've thought of doing but it would be a big plus to be able to support my family the way you say have. 

Haven't been able to get in contact with Ms. Rivera either but I haven't left a message yet. 

I haven’t herd any rumors, and I haven’t seen any new faces so I know there hasn’t been a class. Hopefully it’s just a brief pause before the flood gates are open again 

and @ the depression comment. I was 100% in the same boat. I’m not saying money will instantly make you happy, but it helps make everyday brighter. I hope God touches you. That feeling of failing and seemly like nothing is working is something no one should experience. Stay positive and continue to peruse this job at all cost! Good luck 

• Harry featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 9:11 AM, MTAtookMeOutTheHood said:

There’s literally overtime in every division. Everyone in track is making money, cause even if your in a quarters that ain’t got OT if your buddy is in another one he can possibly throw you on his quarters OT 

Cleaning specifically can make a ton of money, especially if your in the right area. Problem with cleaning is you won’t learn shit. It all depends on what type of career you want. If you wanna stay down here and make 80k a year then go to cleaning. If you wanna learn something to possibly further your career and make the same money you’ll go to maintenance

Guys down here don’t really respect cleaning gangs. We view them as fairy’s or sissys lol. They don’t know shit. They can’t work maintenance or capital OT because the only thing they excel at is sweeping and dusting

Dont listen to this guy stating cleaning gangs dont get respect. He dont know what he is talking about . People down here will help you if you dont know what you're doing.if you dont know the difference between a A B or D plate. Or any thing that has to do with the track geometry, The OGs or someone else will help you. If youre in cleaning and a maintenance  gang come out of no where, they will not verbally abuse you saying  ya sissies or whatever.  You will get the same respect as others. Thats not the type of environment  Mow Track is. Dont let that discourage you or anyone from picking cleaning.  Pick what u feel is comfortable. Some stay in cleaning some goes back and forth. I did both and yes is great to learn how to put plates in right side or putting rails in or stringers,but  going to cleaning  doesnt mean  you  lose"respect" 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, maxluongo67 said:

Hi.

Does anyone know if there is another track worker hiring job or test coming up.

I am currently employed by the state as a grade 8th at department of trasportation in long island.

Thanks.

Max.

It's not going to be for a while...in April of 2018, the next promotional and open-competitive exams were administered for this title.

As far as a time frame for the next open-competitive exam for this title - I would say at least five years from now - maybe even longer if they decide to extend the promotional list.

Sorry...

• +Young+ locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic