Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

I am in the 400s and haven't gotten called or received any mail about coming in for a drug test. In another forum i saw they said being eligible certified means that they have gone over your information and you are now eligible to be called in when they reach your number. But there are other forums too with different answers for what eligible certified means. I also called DCAS today and they said number of last certified is 775 and I called the 347 MTA number and the guy said they are up to 157 now so maybe someone dropped out.

After reading your post, and thinking about this for a little bit, including looking at the list, I have a gut feeling as far as what happened, since I honestly don't think 500 + people dropped out:

What DCAS said about "the list number of the last appointed is 156" is true since the MTA said that they are up to list number 157. However, I have a feeling that someone at DCAS made a mistake about "the list number of the last certified is 755." The reason why is because, when I looked at the list, the person who had a list # of 755 was the last person who had a score of 100%, and the next person in the list had a score of 97.5%. Therefore, I honestly believe that someone at DCAS made a mistake.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reason for dcas messing up with the list is because they rescored some peoples score and gave new list number for example i was n the list between 1-50 and when i went for the drug and physical i got turned away because they gave me extra points that i neva claimed so on there mistake they re listed me some bs but hey what can i do

So many people seem so afraid of the drug test you go and pee in a cup it's no big deal. Unless you do drugs then it is a problem for you and you probably shouldn't be taking this job it is dangerous and at times life threatening if you are not cautious of what you are doing. Remember you are applying for a job where you should be healthy and not a drug addict or even user it's common sense so please if you are don't waste everyone else's time and find a job that doesn't drug test personally I would pee in a cup every day all day and I have no worries because I am straight edge a good way to live life I general. Congrats to all of you who have already started the process and are training hope to see you guys someday soon very excited and hopeful to get the positions good luck to everyone and keep your head up patience is all you need

Question about residency. Does anyone have a clue as to what residency investigation is done. I currently reside in CT but still have my NY address on my license. Drivers license is not required for the position, but wanted to know if living out of state would be an issue.

Residency in NYC might not be required, but you better be able to get to work no matter what! Specially in bad weather or emergency situations if you are called in. We are considered first responders and they don't want to hear excuses. It's what they've been drilling us with everyday! Attendance is a must and lateness will be dealt with! I've seen guys get docked multiple times during my first 2 weeks of training, and one guy even got sent home for showing up 2 hrs late.

So many people seem so afraid of the drug test you go and pee ilo cup it's no big deal. Unless you do drugs then it is a problem for you and you probably shouldn't be taking this job it is dangerous and at times life threatening if you are not cautious of what you are doing. Remember you are applying for a job where you should be healthy and not a drug addict or even user it's common sense so please if you are don't waste everyone else's time and find a job that doesn't drug test personally I would pee in a cup every day all day and I have no worries because I am straight edge a good way to live life I general. Congrats to all of you who have already started the process and are training hope to see you guys someday soon very excited and hopeful to get the positions good luck to everyone and keep your head up patience is all you need

Ill bet its people that been on the job for years that still dont have a clue, running around like they are high on drugs. lol

If they are employees that are non-probationary employees from RTO they still have a reason to be scared. They are required to undertake annual physicals. Let the urine show a little sugar and they are taken out of service till they come in with a note from their Dr.that they are either not diabetic or pre diabetic with it under control along with Their past history of any blood work.

Another reason Maintenance of Way (MOW) Track is a better place then RTO.

No annual physicals unless your out sick 21 days straight.

I hear you.

When I first took it with a buddy he scored much higher then I did.

Within six months he was in school. I waited 2-2 1/2 years till I got into school. The wait sucked only because he had already been called so quick quick.

Score doesn't really matter. It's use is for the purpose of establishing a list number. It's the list number that is important. My class was the first off the new list. I met some guys who were last off of the old list. I believe their list number were in the 2600's. That test was from 06'-07'. Their list had a freeze at some point and I'm not sure for how long.

Score doesn't really matter. It's use is for the purpose of establishing a list number. It's the list number that is important. My class was the first off the new list. I met some guys who were last off of the old list. I believe their list number were in the 2600's. That test was from 06'-07'. Their list had a freeze at some point and I'm not sure for how long.

filterdnoiz, are you still in class with structure B masons, or did they split you guys up at this point?

@youngnycsubwayfan thats the same thing i said it was a different ball game when i got in there they told me i have to wait months intill dcas can switch my list number for a mistake they made

@youngnycsubwayfan thats the same thing i said it was a different ball game when i got in there they told me i have to wait months intill dcas can switch my list number for a mistake they made

Did they every get back to you with a new list #? Im in the same boat, got 100 on the test, they gave me points i didnt claim and now i cant get in touch with anyone at DCAS because of their automated number