Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone was wondering when the next Track class starts, it's Monday February 6th. I'm at PS 248 ( Transit Training Center ) today taking a heavy equipment class, and one of the Track school instructors confirmed the first class of the year. He also mentioned the class was small only around 18-20 people.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

In case anyone was wondering when the next Track class starts, it's Monday February 6th. I'm at PS 248 ( Transit Training Center ) today taking a heavy equipment class, and one of the Track school instructors confirmed the first class of the year. He also mentioned the class was small only around 18-20 people.

Hope this is not a trend of what the rest of the year is going to look like with this reduced size class..Hopefully it is only for this first class of the years...Only time will tell I suppose..

Sent using Tapatalk

FML! Guess I could stop(for now) rushing to my phone every time my email alert goes off. 

FML! Guess I could stop(for now) rushing to my phone every time my email alert goes off.

Stay in there bro... Don't loose hope.. Keep checking and hopefully we can get better updates from fellow forum participants...

Sent using Tapatalk

I must admit this class snuck up out of nowhere and from following this forum no one has mentioned getting through medical and getting sworn in for it...

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by riello2u

Stay in there bro... Don't loose hope.. Keep checking and hopefully we can get better updates from fellow forum participants...

Sent using Tapatalk

I must admit this class snuck up out of nowhere and from following this forum no one has mentioned getting through medical and getting sworn in for it...

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks bro! It's just frustrating being in limbo. 

I was combing through the 2016 post and it seems like there was a class Feb, Mar, and April. Not that it really means anything, just trying to find a little solice in light of this new information.  

Edited by rskbreaker

What's good everyone, I just received the email to go in and see Mrs. Robinson, unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. Does anyone know what's going to happen to me due to me not being able to go in?

Best suggestion call asap..Call her direct first thing tomorrow

Sent using Tapatalk

What's good everyone, I just received the email to go in and see Mrs. Robinson, unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. Does anyone know what's going to happen to me due to me not being able to go in?

If it's coming from her personal work email I would reply to the email and do as riello2u suggested.

What range is your list number?

Can someone please give me her number. I know it's somewhere in the thread but I can't find it. If anyone has it and can post it tonight I'll be extremely greatful!

List #950-1000

Thanks in advance guys and good luck to anyone going tomorrow!

Can someone please give me her number. I know it's somewhere in the thread but I can't find it. If anyone has it and can post it tonight I'll be extremely greatful!

List #950-1000

Sent using Tapatalk

List #950-1000

347-643-8198 keep calling if she doesnt answer right away.

Sent using Tapatalk

LOL

Honestly Figs two things will either happen. Depending on your situation, and why you can't make it. Either she'll work with you, or you'll have to reinstate your name to the list, to be called in at a later date. If I were you, and if your situation isn't family emergency related I would attend today. If you do go in and pass medical, with your 21 page booklet being in order, you would have been hired today.

Medical holds can set people back 2 classes or more. I know of one person who initially turned down the job, to have their name reinstated at a later date. That person was one class in front of me, but should have been in the very first track class off of the list. I was in the 5th class off of the list, with a number range in the 450-500. That person was in the 1-50 range. Bottom line is the longer you delay, the more seniority you loose, and seniority is everything as far as the ability to pick job locations, dual rate titles etc.

Update...So it seems that a recent class was seen in Westchester today with people who had been missed or for whatever other reason didn't make classes earlier last year... Some where in the 600's...Also MTA will be having a very large class in the very near future (reliable source)... Hopefully they are caught up with those hat have missed prior classes and we can move forward with getting in for those of us between 945-1100's+ for 2017

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by riello2u

I kinda figured they would have had a class full of people off of medical holds, and people who had their names reinstated. As far as class sizes it varies. I know in the beginning they had a few classes with over 40 people, but the average is around 20-30. My class had 28. All depends on the needs of transit.

As far as certifications, when you're on an outstanding certification it means transit has your information, and is gearing up to process an incoming class or classes. Not on an outstanding certification is the opposite, meaning they have all the candidates they need for the moment, and will put you back on outstanding certification, when they're ready to process another round of candidates.

Edited by Capital Nights

Update...So it seems that a recent class was seen in Westchester today with people who had been missed or for whatever other reason didn't make classes earlier last year... Some where in the 600's...Also MTA will be having a very large class in the very near future (reliable source)... Hopefully they are caught up with those hat have missed prior classes and we can move forward with getting in for those of us between 945-1100's+ for 2017

Yeah! I'm in the 2800's and this is welcome news to me! Thanks for posting!!

• 2 weeks later...