Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

Thanks riello2u so i called dcas 212-669-1357 and i am on outstanding certification. the list terminates on december 2018 for anyone that wants to know. Im hoping to hear something before spring is over. ill keep you all posted checking the mail everyday. List#107x

They maybe ramping up in the months to come for the next round..All depends on how many more classes going on this year.... Fingers x'd

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More then likely they will extend the list for 3600,,Especially since no other track exams have been put out.so they 2018 expiration is nothing too really worry about

Edited by riello2u

More then likely they will extend the list for 3600,,Especially since no other track exams have been put out.so they 2018 expiration is nothing too really worry about

I agree. Plus, when they eventually start calling for Exam #7702 (Promotion to Foreman), aren't they going to be also calling from this list as well for 'replacements' for those that are getting promoted?

I got called to come out to HQ back in Oct 16' I took my drug test and fill out paper work.. I was told within 2weeks - 90 days I will be called back... it's now been will over 6months and still waiting and my list number is in the 1100s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by blackribb

I got called to come out to HQ back in Oct 16' I took my drug test and fill out paper work.. I was told within 2weeks - 90 days I will be called back... it's now been will over 6months and still waiting and my list number is in the 1100s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your list # leave out last #

So i heard from a friend who knows the director of the track department and he says they are up to 980 and they are having another class soon that will have about 20 people. He cant give me a projection on classes beyond that but they are still calling.  List#107x

So i heard from a friend who knows the director of the track department and he says they are up to 980 and they are having another class soon that will have about 20 people. He cant give me a projection on classes beyond that but they are still calling.  List#107x

Thanks KMF. I'm predicting 2018 for most of us after 1300

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Well, if we take a look at the current scenario:

Based on this link, the list was published on 10/22/14, approximately 30 months ago. If we divide 980 (which they are up to) by 30 months (when the list was produced), we can say that the HR office has called approximately 32 people per month.

Therefore, based on these computations, if we multiply 32 people times 48 months (aka 4 years), we can take an educated guess that the agency will call 1,536 people.

If we multiply 32 people times 72 months (aka 6 years), we can take an educated guess that the agency will call 2,304 people.

If we multiply 32 people times 96 months (aka 8 years), we can take an educated guess that the agency will call 3,072 people.

Again, these are all educated guesses (nothing is official). Hopefully, once they start calling from Exam 7702, the list will 'hopefully' move faster since they're also going to have to start calling for replacements as well.

Hard too make predictions with a unpredictable company....lol

I agree, I just try to look at things from a mathematical prospective in order to make an educated guess about the future...that's all...

My list number is in the 99* and I made it in the upcoming class. I'll keep you guys posted on the amount of people in the class. 

Saw a few guys get put on medical hold. If you are unsure if you'll pass a certain test and you can afford to do so, get tested ahead of time to see where you stand. 

Edited by rskbreaker

My list number is in the 99* and I made it in the upcoming class. I'll keep you guys posted on the amount of people in the class.

Saw a few guys get put on medical hold. If you are unsure if you'll pass a certain test and you can afford to do so, get tested ahead of time to see where you stand.

Congrats!! also I just went to the Dr's office few days ago with exactly you you said in mind.. My blood pressure is a little high but its being monitored...Says she may put me on pills but I don't like that idea and having to disclose too MTA that I'm on meds... So I'm watching my diet as best I could.. Also keeping an eye on blood sugar...Haven't gotten results yet....

Edited by riello2u

Congrats!! also I just went to the Dr's office few days ago with exactly you you said in mind.. My blood pressure is a little high but its being monitored...Says she may put me on pills but I don't like that idea and having to disclose too MTA that I'm on meds... So I'm watching my diet as best I could.. Also keeping an eye on blood sugar...Haven't gotten results yet....

Thanks riello2u!

I would try my best to do it naturally as well. I cleaned up my diet as well. Vegetarian nine months ago(personal reasons), kept my sugar intake below 40 grams a day, and exercised 3 times a week. 

Yes please do. Share your experiences good and or bad. All is a learning progress! Good luck to you!

Edited by DrewMania

I made it into the may 8 class list number 103*

Congrats...How the heck did so many people below your # not make it in.... They went from 944-103# wow wonder if alot of people were disqualified with dirty urine or turned down the position.The next class whenever that happens will be taken up by medical holds probably....

Congrats!!

Yes please do. Share your experiences good and or bad. All is a learning progress! Good luck to you!

Thanks and best of luck to you guys getting in as well!

I made it into the may 8 class list number 103*

Congrats!

Congrats...How the heck did so many people below your # not make it in.... They went from 944-103# wow wonder if alot of people were disqualified with dirty urine or turned down the position.The next class whenever that happens will be taken up by medical holds probably....

Going back from the start they've been averaging 75-100 list numbers per class, depending on class size. 

Had the first day of orientation yesterday. Whole day of forms, rules, and regulations. I would say about 15-20 were there for track. 

One thing I would like to share is if you have a criminal record, do not lie about it. I don't know the qualification criteria is for having a criminal record, but it is not an automatic disqualifier unless you lie. I have an old felony(old enough to drink) and I'm in. 

Yes! Hide nothing and disclose everything. There are lots of people in Transit with significant criminal histories and checkered employment backgrounds. Most of these things are perfectly OK - they don't expect anyone to be perfect. Disclose the bad things in writing before you get sworn in.

• 2 weeks later...