F to Lefferts Blvd G.O

Abba

Get ready Foamers...

(F)trains replace the (S)Lefferts Blvd Shuttle

Late Nights, 12:40 AM to 6:20 AM, Saturday, Sep 8

12:40 AM to 7:20 AM, Sunday, Sep 9

12:40 AM to 5 AM, Monday, Sep 10

The (F) to Lefferts Blvd G.O only takes place during late night because of the regular (A) to Lefferts. Since (C) service is cut and there is no place for the (F) to turn without disrupting (A) service so send the (F) to Eculid Av to provide service to Flutin line local stations. If the (F) were sent to Lefferts during the day all (A) service would go to Far Rockway and run every 20 minutes which people along 8 th av would not be happy about infrequent (A) service. This allows (A) service to remain unchanged.

My educated guess is that they will be using the R160s for this. Any R46s would probably and most likely come out of Jamaica. Plus, I just looked on the R46 code sheet and I can't find a code to Lefferts Blvd for an
(F)
train. I did, though, find one code for a Euclid Avenue bound
(F)
train, via 63 Street, 6 Avenue Local, via Fulton Street.

I doubt it, then again you're a B Division Subway Conductor so there might be a possibility.

Why wouldn't there be a program? They have the (D) to the Rockaways and Lefferts along with the (M) to Euclid / Rockaways and lefferts , so why wouldn't they have an (F) program. I just don't know if they have one going to lefferts via Fulton local.

Why wouldn't there be a program? They have the (D) to the Rockaways and Lefferts along with the (M) to Euclid / Rockaways and lefferts , so why wouldn't they have an (F) program. I just don't know if they have one going to lefferts via Fulton local.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, there is an (F) program to Euclid but I don't know if they have one for Lefferts Blvd. Yeah I know about the (D) to Far Rock but I'm not counting on it. I'm not always right, just human.

Good ole operations planning - they can come up with a million different programs that will never get used (2 from 148 to Flatbush via Lex? CMON!), yet they never have the programs loaded for actual GOs. There STILL isn't a 2 to South Ferry program, even with the new Barclays update!

Most R-46 F's during that G.O. ran with "to Euclid Av" with no letter, the same would apply if it runs to Lefferts. If R-160s run during the G.O., they'll most likely use the Euclid program if nothing to Lefferts exists or reprogram at Euc as an (S) shuttle to Lefferts depending on what supervision/line management decides.

The (F) to Lefferts Blvd G.O only takes place during late night because of the regular (A) to Lefferts. Since (C) service is cut and there is no place for the (F) to turn without disrupting (A) service so send the (F) to Eculid Av to provide service to Flutin line local stations. If the (F) were sent to Lefferts during the day all (A) service would go to Far Rockway and run every 20 minutes which people along 8 th av would not be happy about infrequent (A) service. This allows (A) service to remain unchanged.

This can be cancelled out by adding more (A) service let (F) do lefferts at night replacing local service while (G) extends to CI as for day let Select (F) trains go to lefferts off peak only every 20 mins with (G) to CI and rest of (F) trains still serving CI. This adds more purpose to the (G).

They've done the (F) to Euclid G.O. many times. If that's the reason the late-night (F) is going to Lefferts, then I'm wondering why they haven't had the (F) replace the Lefferts (S) before (have they ever?).

On regular weekends they often have the (F) go to Euclid. I honestly don't know why it's now going to Lefferts.

You hardcore railfans can now listen to the following voice:

"This is a Lefferts Blvd bound (F) train via the Lefferts Blvd (S). The next stop is 104th Street."

Archived