•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * * 4 votes

Planned Subway Service Changes

official

1566 replies to this topic

#1 TheSubwayStation

TheSubwayStation
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,551 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Well, the MTA provides plenty of convenient information about weekend service changes online. However, I realized that the only way to figure out why service is being changed is to read their press releases, which I doubt that many riders do. So, for curious people (like me), I'll be posting that information provided by the MTA right here in this thread.

Other people can post information too, but I hope to avoid redundant posts. Discussion about the service changes posted is welcome. Note: this thread is not meant for unplanned or emergency service changes; use this thread instead. This is not meant to be like the "what if" thread, either, and I hope not to see any fantasy G.O.s. Feel free to post FASTRACK service changes for informational purposes, but discussion about FASTRACK should probably be kept to this thread.

Okay, I'll start us off with this weekend just as an example:

(D)
    From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, August 11 to 5 a.m. Monday, August 13, Bronx-bound D trains are rerouted via the N line from Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue to 36th Street in Brooklyn due to station and line structure rehabilitation south of 9th Avenue.
    From 12:01 a.m. to 6:30 a.m., Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12 and from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., Monday, August 13, Bronx-bound D trains run express from 36th Street to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center, skipping DeKalb Avenue, due to track maintenance and replacement at DeKalb Avenue.
    From 11 p.m. Friday, August 10 to 5 a.m., Monday, August 13, 205th Street-bound D trains run express from 145th Street to Tremont Avenue due to repair and replacement of corroded steel between 161st and 167th Streets.
    From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, August 11 to 5 a.m. Monday, August 13, 205th Street-bound D trains skip 182nd-183rd Sts due to column base and steel repairs.
    (E)
    From 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, August 11, Manhattan-bound E trains skip Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd due to stop cable replacement along the Queens Blvd line.
    From 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday, August 12, Manhattan-bound E trains run express from 71st Avenue to Roosevelt Avenue due to scraping and painting track ceilings at Grand Avenue and Elmhurst Avenue stations.
    (F)
    From 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, August 11, Brooklyn-bound F trains skip Sutphin Blvd and Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd due to stop cable replacement along the Queens Blvd line.
    (F) (G)
    At all times until Fall 2012, F and G trains skip Smith-9th Sts. in both directions due to station rehabilitation. Customers may use the B61 for connections between Smith-9th Sts. station and 4th Avenue-9th Street station, where F, G and R trains are available. Customers may also use the B57bus for connections between Smith-9th Sts. station and Carroll Street station, where F and G trains are available.
    (N)
    From 10 p.m. Friday, August 10 to 5 a.m. Monday, August 13, uptown N trains run express from Canal Street to 34th Street-Herald Square due to electronic security system installation.
    (Q)
    From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, August 11 to 5 a.m. Monday, August 13, Manhattan-bound Q trains are rerouted via the R from DeKalb Avenue to Canal Street due to track replacement and maintenance at DeKalb Avenue.
    ®
    From 6:30 a.m. to 12 midnight, Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12, uptown R trains run express from Canal Street to 34th Street-Herald Square due to electronic security system installation.
    From 12:01 a.m. to 6:30 a.m., Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12, and from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., Monday, August 13, there are no R trains between 59th Street and 36th Street in Brooklyn due to track replacement and maintenance at DeKalb Avenue. Customers should take the N instead. R trains run between Bay Ridge-95th Street and 59th Street in Brooklyn.

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=120809-NYCT1

#2 TrainFanInfinity

TrainFanInfinity
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,000 posts
    • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Nevermind...

Edited by TrainFanInfinity, 12 August 2012 - 01:03 PM.

Bleh.

#3 BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

BM5 via Woodhaven Bl
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,404 posts
    • LocationSpring Creek Depot

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Doesn't the press release robot already do that
    But seriously, I dunno how long this thread will go, no offense

Reduced service on Queens Express Buses for the day after Thanksgiving, and more info:

http://mtaexpressbus...ress-bus-routes

#4 Amtrak7

Amtrak7
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,141 posts
    • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I agree that a planned service change thread should be created, but not in the form above. In my idea, people should be able to post significant or strange GO's and ask for comment/explanations/fanning plans.

R.I.P. Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority January 15, 1973 – December 31, 2011

#5 BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

BM5 via Woodhaven Bl
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,404 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'll tell you something. That (F) G.O To Lefferts looks fun

Edited by Q23 Central Term, 12 August 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Reduced service on Queens Express Buses for the day after Thanksgiving, and more info:

#6 TheSubwayStation

TheSubwayStation
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,551 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

I agree that a planned service change thread should be created, but not in the form above. In my idea, people should be able to post significant or strange GO's and ask for comment/explanations/fanning plans.

You can certainly do that in this thread. I don't see why not.

#7 Threxx

Threxx
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,348 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

The Press Release Robot hasn't posted in months, I don't know if the system is still active because of the switch...

#8 Lance

Lance

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

@Threxx: Even before the hack/switch, the MTA Press Release section was updated sporadically at best for a time.

I'll leave this thread open as I don't see any harm coming from it. Though I will RECOMMEND (once again RECOMMEND) that you try to limit the number of recurring service changes, especially ones that happen practically all the time, like the N via the D or vice versa.

#9 BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

BM5 via Woodhaven Bl
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 10,404 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Foamers get your Cameras Out, Because the Grand Street Shuttle will Come Back for a limited time

Posted Image No trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 34 St-Herald Sq

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image trains provide alternate service
    Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Aug 25 - 27

Posted Image service operates as follows:
    1. Between Stillwell Av and the Whitehall St Posted Image Station, making local stops
    via
    Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Jay St-MetroTech
    2. Between 34 St-Herald Sq and 205 St

Posted Image Shuttle train operates every 20 minutes between W 4 St and Grand St, stopping at B'way-Lafayette St.

Travel Alternatives

For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, take the Posted Image or Posted Image.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at 34 St-Herald Sq and/or Jay St-MetroTech.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at 34 St-Herald Sq and/or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

For W 4 St and B'way-Lafayette St, take the Posted Image instead.

For Grand St, take the Posted Image shuttle train.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at B'way-Lafayette St.

#10 aznboiii2792

aznboiii2792
    • Banned
    • 16 posts
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Foamers get your Cameras Out, Because the Grand Street Shuttle will Come Back for a limited time

[url=""%5DPosted Image No trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 34 St-Herald Sq %5B/url%5D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image trains provide alternate service
    Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Aug 25 - 27

Posted Image service operates as follows:
    1. Between Stillwell Av and the Whitehall St Posted Image Station, making local stops
    via
    Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Jay St-MetroTech
    2. Between 34 St-Herald Sq and 205 St

Posted Image Shuttle train operates every 20 minutes between W 4 St and Grand St, stopping at B'way-Lafayette St.

Travel Alternatives

For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, take the Posted Image or Posted Image.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at 34 St-Herald Sq and/or Jay St-MetroTech.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at 34 St-Herald Sq and/or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

For W 4 St and B'way-Lafayette St, take the Posted Image instead.

For Grand St, take the Posted Image shuttle train.
    • Transfer between Posted Image and Posted Image trains at B'way-Lafayette St.