RFP For 285 OTR Diesel Express Buses + 15 Option Order Buses

Cait Sith

Go Prevost!

If it does go to MCI then I hope at least some of the buses have DD11s or DD13s, or even the ISX. I just hope Designcrap doesn't lowball the bid and get this order...

We wont get ISXs, we don't need an engine that powerful.

Go Prevost!

If it does go to MCI then I hope at least some of the buses have DD11s or DD13s, or even the ISX. I just hope Designcrap doesn't lowball the bid and get this order...

I actually like the way that new Designline OTR coach looks. Well, everything I've seen except for the A/C condenser sitting on the roof...damn EPA 2010 restrictions.

I actually like the way that new Designline OTR coach looks. Well, everything I've seen except for the A/C condenser sitting on the roof...damn EPA 2010 restrictions.

As do I, its good to have something a little different going around places.

I'd like the RTS too, that would sure be something!

As much as I hate to say it, I think that Designcrap will lowball the bid just to get back in NYC... I got a bad feeling about this one.

More than likely, they wont...

I hope MTS gets this one for sure. Long live the RTS!

Not so fast, we havent even gotten a demo yet. So as it stands right now, its MCI vs Prevost.

I'd like the RTS too, that would sure be something!

As much as I hate to say it, I think that Designcrap will lowball the bid just to get back in NYC... I got a bad feeling about this one.

I agree, I'd like to see more RTS but I think Prevost is a better decision.

People, read the board document. It's going to be MCI or Prevost. Wishing for MTS or Designline is pointless - maybe by the next time the MTA is ready to buy express coaches one or both will be approved.

It's just all the kiddies wishing for their Christmas gifts already! LOL!

If the Prevost evaluation is not complete by the time the contract is awarded it will go to MCI. However, if the evaluation is complete, Prevost will be the likely winner.

Any early feedback on the provosts yet? I know the reaction on the boards here was mixed when they first came out , but I haven't heard any real positive or negative comments since then. I still think they look pretty cool, and I like that they have outlets. I just think they are a bit loud.

If I were a bettor in this siutation. I would like to see this order go to MCI. It's very nice to see the prevosts running the streets of Manhattan, SW brooklyn and Staten Island, but uniformally, the (MTA) will always be MCI. Diversity is good, but you want a STRONG bus that's built for NYC streets, and MCI has my vote.. #MCI

It's all based on which company is willing to give MTA the best overall deal - simple as that. The authority likes to stay away from a strict bid process because competitive negotiation gives them more control, but they are not going to leave money on the table if one company gives them a super sweet deal. Both coach models have passed the qualification process so it should be based on best overall cost.

Any early feedback on the provosts yet? I know the reaction on the boards here was mixed when they first came out , but I haven't heard any real positive or negative comments since then. I still think they look pretty cool, and I like that they have outlets. I just think they are a bit loud.

Yes, I actually just completed my NBQP review of the X3-45. I will post it this weekend. So you know, it got a 5 out of 5, and only one major note. The Carrier HVAC is weak overall. One minor note is from the passenger side, and they are requesting the seats be raised a little. The taller passengers can't get quite as comfortable on a Prevost as they can on an MCI. I have been on 8 different buses to date, and I definitely see this order going to Prevost. I am 5'7" tall, so they are quite comfortable to me. I have always been a fan of all things MCI, and always will be. However, the new X3-45 is now considered #1 in my book. From styling to functionality and reliability, they definitely got this one right. I also got to play with that door, which is OEM........ Hot!

If I were a bettor in this siutation. I would like to see this order go to MCI. It's very nice to see the prevosts running the streets of Manhattan, SW brooklyn and Staten Island, but uniformally, the (MTA) will always be MCI. Diversity is good, but you want a STRONG bus that's built for NYC streets, and MCI has my vote.. #MCI

Always, and never, are two words I don't use ofter as they do not apply these days.

Likely? Sweet!

I take it Designline is out fo the question then because they aren't in NBQP?

Correct, but it is said that they are entering the program again.

I honestly hope MCI gets this deal, but I kinda see Prevost winning this one overall. As much as I like the Prevosts, I mostly prefer the ride and comfort of the MCIs. Don't get me wrong, I love the ride quality and comfort of the Prevosts, but it's just something about the MCIs that makes the ride more comfortable.

Prevost is walking away with this one.

A) The MTA is super happy with their performance

B) Better fuel economy over the MCI

C) Ease of maintenance over the MCI

D) The buses have held up better than expected in its first year.

E) Cheaper price tag per unit.

MCI would have to low ball to beat out MCI. Designline, as nice as the NJT unit is, has not done qualifications on the ECOCoach and until then can not bid the bus.

I though the MTA was looking back to Suburban Transit coaches for express routes again given OTRs are more expensive to operate and maintain? If so, it's another example of the MTA changing its mind. But.....

I do like those Provost buses over the MCIs. Forget about the styling and look, but they offer a few small amenities (like power outlets) that could win over passengers in the convenience category. Still waiting for free wifi on board.

Maybe this is to be the last OTR order?

Prevost is walking away with this one.

A) The MTA is super happy with their performance

B) Better fuel economy over the MCI

C) Ease of maintenance over the MCI

D) The buses have held up better than expected in its first year.

E) Cheaper price tag per unit.

I figured that would be the case.

Archived