Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

I hate the Q66 the reasons why:

-It has two different bus routes one goes to Queens Plaza and the other one goes to 51st street. Why cannot they just merge together runs all the way to Queens Plaza?

-Rude drivers most of them are not very nice just wanted to hurry.

-Frequent stops and overcrowded during the school hours

-Too many schoolkids sometimes they would sneak in the back door and one time I was waiting politely to board the bus and some stupid schoolkids snuck in the back. Driver got pissed slammed the front door in front of me. I knocked at the door driver said NO! Left me waiting for another bus for 10 minutes.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a passenger perspective, the M31. It's extremely slow, unreliable, and there's always so many elderly people who take forever to board and then try to chat with the driver instead of just paying and taking a seat. If I have to travel along York Avenue I don't even think about the bus; I just hop in a cab.

From a car driver's perspective, the M15 SBS. I still can't figure out why a lot of bus drivers choose to use the left or middle lane going up 1st Avenue when there's no traffic, forcing me to pass them on the right. Many times they also take up both the right and center lanes and other motorists are forced to use the bus lane to pass the bus. The M15 SBS never uses the bus lane north of 57th Street. Why they have a 24/7 offset bus lane north of 79th Street is beyond me.

The Q85.. which unfortunately is the one of the routes I frequent the most..

It is never on schedule.... Buses are always 3-7 minutes late or some runs are even MIA... Buses never get to Jamaica on time so I end up missing the (E) train that it was SUPPOSED to connect with and have to wait for another one.... IT is very indirect as well.... A lot of elderly people use the 85 too (especially in rochdale village) even though i always see access-a-ride... And buses take forever at Jamaica Center and always come bunched.. if you went to Jamaica Center during rush hour, you would notice that the Q85 line is the longest out of all the routes there...

I don't know about you guys, but the aforementioned routes, B11, M31, Q66 are pretty frequent for me to take during Rush Hours. The B11 and Q66 I've had issues with crowding in the past. As for the Q85, I did have to wait longer than usual around the Jamaica area.

If there's a route I don't like that much right now it's the B61 via Red Hook, I wait an average over 20 minutes, becomes packed very quickly. Ever since the cuts of June 2010, the B61 has to carry a heavy load (especially now with the Smith-9 Street Station (F)(G) closed for renovations) and the B61 becomes more packed.

That's all I'll say.

It depends:

For crowdedness, I hate Bx12 SBS, Bx13, Bx36/LTD, M1~M4, M14A/D, M15 SBS, M31, M34/A SBS, M35, M42, M57, M60, M66, M96 rush hour, M104, Q10 LTD, Q17 LTD, Q23, Q25 LTD, Q33, Q35, Q44 LTD, Q53, Q58/LTD, Q60, Q113 LTD, S46, S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School, S79 SBS.

Well, my information might be outdated, because I moved from the city a year and a half ago, but the M60. I took it every day getting home from the library, and I always waited 30+ minutes for it. (And this is at 5-9PM) And then when it comes, it's always really crowded after 116th St, and by 125th St, if you want to get off you have to get to the door two stops in advance so that you have time to maneuver through all those people. It got to the point where I just took the M104 (which there always seemed to be an endless supply of), and just walked down 127th.

I hate the Q66 the reasons why:

-It has two different bus routes one goes to Queens Plaza and the other one goes to 51st street. Why cannot they just merge together runs all the way to Queens Plaza?

The Q66 is a high-demanding route, the short turn is necessary to fill in gaps.

It depends:

For crowdedness, I hate Bx12 SBS, Bx13, Bx36/LTD, M1~M4, M14A/D, M15 SBS, M31, M34/A SBS, M35, M42, M57, M60, M66, M96 rush hour, M104, Q10 LTD, Q17 LTD, Q23, Q25 LTD, Q33, Q35, Q44 LTD, Q53, Q58/LTD, Q60, Q113 LTD, S46, S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School, S79 SBS.

The Q44 for me runs very often and especially the artics placed on the Q44 helps

It depends:

Wow those many routes, do you take all of them?

Well, my information might be outdated, because I moved from the city a year and a half ago, but the M60. I took it every day getting home from the library, and I always waited 30+ minutes for it. (And this is at 5-9PM) And then when it comes, it's always really crowded after 116th St, and by 125th St, if you want to get off you have to get to the door two stops in advance so that you have time to maneuver through all those people. It got to the point where I just took the M104 (which there always seemed to be an endless supply of), and just walked down 127th.

30 minutes? The most I've waited has been around 15-20 minutes, although I agree it can be annoying when it's crowded, especially when the bus has to go on the bridge.

I can't stand the B60. That route bunches up in Bushwick and by the time it gets sown to Brownsville, there's 2 (sometimes 3) buses coming in a row...on 15 min headways.

The route it takes is the main problem for it as Wilson Av is barely wide enough for 2-way traffic.

I would choose walking over the B60. Matter of fact, on Labor Day, I walked from Hegeman all the way up to East NY Av and beat the bus there.

M34 SBS. The bus lane is insignificant on 34 street. Damn tourists <_<

The M34 SBS type of buses is so wrong. What they were thinking?! Come on it on the 34th street corridor use the articulated buses like the M15?! I mean it is so super packed

The x1

When I have to take it, I must go all the way to the end to Eltingville Transit Center.

Reasons:

- Long, too many stops, passengers disembarking at nearly every stop when arriving at Staten Island.

- As a result of the above; bus then must stop at a large number of traffic lights on Hylan Blvd.

- Near verbal altercation with passengers at one time.

- Line uses Prevosts

- Nearly every time I take it some idiot is clipping his nails (I try to imagine I'm on the 161 and the bus operator is using the hole puncher)

- Usually late going back to Staten Island (not that the x10 or x17 is much better)

- I've experienced a disproportionate amount of MetroCard failures on the fareboxes on this line unlike any other line.

- As the line uses Prevosts predominately, the interior lighting is non-conducive to sleeping (vs. the side lights or just the aisle lights on on the MCI's)

- Too many groups of young passengers in the evening hours, higher number of cell phone users and other folks who simply don't give a flying you know what at the elevated amount of noise created by their electronic devices.

Archived