Transit Museum's 19th Annual Bus Festival

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-98539700-1348682985_thumb.gif[/float]Most people are familiar with the New York Transit Museum's extraordinary collection of subway cars, but did you know there is also a fleet of extraordinary vintage buses, expertly maintained by NYCT's Department of Buses?

Every year, we bring our buses out of hibernation and show them off at Brooklyn's largest street fair, the Atlantic Antic. Join us on Sept 30 from 11am to 5pm for the 19th Annual Bus Festival!

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-98539700-1348682985_thumb.gif

I believe a lot of people here are excited for Bus Fest!

Not everyone, I can assure you. Especially with the drama lurking around..

The buses are ok. Even tho I've seen them many times.

BTW, I remembered back in Spring, a few people on this forum mentioned they saw Museum buses in Quill depot (some thought it was suppose to be used for a special event, at the time). Well I guess I see the reason why folks saw these buses. The NYCTM needed to take a good photo of the buses, like above! :P

I don't follow all the transit fan world...what's the "drama" this year? Far as I can tell it should be the same as last year, which wasn't too bad.

Depending on the time you go, and how long you plan to stay. It will be all clean...

(BTW those who have heard that rumor about the MTA may cancel the event, cuz of "drama", its bs..... NYCTM wouldn't be going into the advertisement mess, for this...)

Depending on the time you go, and how long you plan to stay. It will be all clean...

(BTW those who have heard that rumor about the MTA may cancel the event, cuz of "drama", its bs..... NYCTM wouldn't be going into the advertisement mess, for this...)

I'd love for the MTA to cancel foamfest and show the foamers that if you can't keep it calm, there's not gonna be a busfest. But, that's not happening, I mean the people in charge at the MTA aren't busfans.

Like I said in another thread, I'm probably not going to foamfest. The foamers ruin everything, I mean we have foamers so obsessed they start fighting over a BUS. Not in the mood for the foamer drama... I mean I'd love to see the buses but I don't really want to deal with the foamers.

There's FAR more normal average joes at the event than busfans.

I doubt they will be any drama.

What could anybody possibly fight over? What could there possibly be drama over? Last time I went it was a bunch of dads with their kids, far from a "foamfest." I don't get this one...worrying about drama just makes more of it.

Last year there was a PHYSICAL FIGHT, I believe it was caused by Ken S. on Subchat.

Not everyone, I can assure you. Especially with the drama lurking around..

The buses are ok. Even tho I've seen them many times.

BTW, I remembered back in Spring, a few people on this forum mentioned they saw Museum buses in Quill depot (some thought it was suppose to be used for a special event, at the time). Well I guess I see the reason why folks saw these buses. The NYCTM needed to take a good photo of the buses, like above! :P

Wasn't that around July 4th for the old buses going into service in Manhattan for like a couple of days?

i heard something that might shock all of us will be there as well, Im gonna keep quiet, I know some of you know what im talking about (a bus) so keep your fingers crossed

and one thing F*ck the drama, if anyone wants to show their tail, NYPD will handle that

Besides im going there to enjoy whats there, plus after that Im doing some (A) train shuttle Bus fanning

i heard something that might shock all of us will be there as well, Im gonna keep quiet, I know some of you know what im talking about (a bus) so keep your fingers crossed...

Oh please what's the point of hiding the damn thing...

Word on the street is that 4904 (the Command Bus RTS CNG) MAY (and I put big emphasis on that last part) be there as a display. Apparently they put new tanks in there and fixed it up.

...once again, this is what I heard. Don't take what I said and run off with it

Oh please what's the point of hiding the damn thing...

Word on the street is that 4904 (the Command Bus RTS CNG) MAY (and I put big emphasis on that last part) be there as a display. Apparently they put new tanks in there and fixed it up.

...once again, this is what I heard. Don't take what I said and run off with it

If that is the case, hot damn!!!

Archived