What is the best line in the MTA(NYC) system you have used?

qjtransitmaster

My favs... got a mind full. But doesnt matters much to me, as long as I get to where I need to go..

Tho local routes, Im starting to favor more, over the popular LTD and SBS. Less crowd and people to deal with, on certain routes..

Q44 I think it is a great service especially the artics in service. Runs very often and less crowded. Also skips stops which is nice.

But now the Q44 service is reduced a bit because of the artics they been running little bit less but still good service

My favorite MTAB route is the Q50 because that line always has something changing. It went from the QBx1 to the Q50 and Bx23. It had Orion V CNG's, Novabus RTS's, New Flyer C40LF's, Ex Beeline Orion V's and it was the first MTA routes to get Guide A Rides and have them at just about every stop. My favorite NYCT route is the Q17 because whenever the Q88 or Q25 messed me up a Q17 was there and fast. At one point it was all RTS and they are one of my favorite buses.

My favorite lines Q53, BXM7 and B13 they are very direct and straight to the point. B13 however is not as frequent but I still like it it just randomly appears when I leave the house.

The B13 & direct in the same sentence.... now that's a first....

anyway, yeah, the Q53 to the Q35 is one of my quick tickets (so to speak) to get back to brooklyn from queens when I don't feel like riding on a train through manhattan (the B62 to the B46 is the other, for the curious)..... Q53 is one of my favorite routes to fan....

the b1 always there for me...and always a new bus
I second this statement!

Not for nothin, but I also find this to be true, over there around 86th/4th (yes, I know they changed the terminal).....

Whenever I'm around there, there's almost always a B1 on layover or a B1 pulling into the stop...

I did that Q53 and Q35 combo once. I wanted to see it if was worth taking those 2 buses over taking the (7) back to GCT or TS for the IRT back to Brooklyn. Needless to say the Q53 from end to end took about 1hr. Way too slow for me, makes me miss the old Q53 under Trihorror.

X90/X92. Always were reliable and could easily beat the (4)(5)(6).

The M79/M86 bus lines are also good, but they were much better before when they ran much more frequently and had skip stop during rush hour.

When did the M86 have 'skip stop'?

My Favorite Lines In The System

Manhattan : M15, M35( I just don't like the people who rides Tht line), M100, M101, M116, & X80

Bronx : Bx1/2, Bx9, Bx13, Bx15, Bx17, Bx18, Bx19, Bx23, Bx32, Bx33, Bx41, Bx55, BXM4,

Queens:

Q32, Q33, Q35, Q44, Q48, Q50, Q53, Q60, Q66, Q100, Q101, QM21 & X63

Brooklyn : B3, B4, B41, B42, B44, B68, B77(Before it was discontinued)

Staten Island : S40/90, S48/98, S61, X10, X12/42 , X30,

When did the M86 have 'skip stop'?

My memory's not the best. I never really paid attention to it because I only took the express bus during rush hour, but probably like 3+ years ago I know that there was definitely skip stop on the M79 during rush hour. I'm pretty sure that the M86 had it as well, plus the M86 has always had slightly better ridership than the M79.

I'd rather ride the 79 or 86 over the M96 for sure. Packed like crazy. Especially those going in/out of the park (East/West). Too bad no artics running on them. Except maybe rare occasions (seen it before years ago). I could also the M106 for that alternative as well... Or walk....

My memory's not the best. I never really paid attention to it because I only took the express bus during rush hour, but probably like 3+ years ago I know that there was definitely skip stop on the M79 during rush hour. I'm pretty sure that the M86 had it as well, plus the M86 has always had slightly better ridership than the M79.

Never knew there was an M79/M86 skip-stop. Unless the buses were extremely packed. Was this scheduled on the timetable btw?

M96 had poor frequencies when I used it a few times years ago. Artics are good, but when you are at the subway transfers, they were horrible. People getting off the front and the long line waiting to get on doesn't help. I think they should have an SBS prepaid boarding set up at those stops and allow people to enter via all the doors to speed up the loading/unloading.

I know I used to ride the M86 quite a few times especially if I took the (B) to 86th. CPW and Lexington Av were always the worst spots. But other than that the other stops were more or less average. I can understand skip stopping if one bus is still at the stop and the follower doesn't have anyone getting off (this happens semi frequently on the B41 and B46). I guess the 'regular' skip stop thing seems odd to me.

I don't know if it was in the timetable, but I'd always see two M79 buses waiting to cross York Avenue, with the first one stopping at York, 2nd, then Lex, and the second one stopping at 1st, 3rd, then Lex. For the M86 I would sometimes see a bus picking up at 86th/York and a second bus would go around and pass it and stop at 1st and 3rd, and the other one would stop at 2nd.

Another Upper East Side oddity would be on occasion during rush hour, I'd see an RTS that said "NEXT BUS PLEASE" traveling northbound on York Avenue with passengers in it, make a left on 79th Street, and then continue westbound without stopping. Only once have I seen an RTS that said "NEXT BUS PLEASE" unloading passengers at 79th and Lex.

My favorite:

SBS: Bx12, M15, M34, M34A, S79.

Brooklyn:

B38 LTD, B103, BM5.

Bronx:

Bx13, Bx15, Bx23, Bx34, Bx36 LTD, BxM1~BxM3, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11.

Manhattan:

M1~M5, M7, M10~M11, M14A/D, M23, M31, M42, M50, M57, M60, M66, M72, M79, M86, M96, M98, M100~M104, M106, M116,

Queens:

Q3, Q6 LTD, Q10 LTD, Q12, Q13, Q16, Q22, Q23, Q25 LTD, Q27 LTD,Q32, Q33, Q35, Q36 LTD, Q44 LTD, Q47, Q49, Q50, Q52, Q53, Q66, Q72, Q100~Q104, Q110, Q113.

Staten Island:

S89, X1, X17C, AEX23.

Archived