Ultimate Factories - NY Subway Car (CNBC) 9:00 P.M. ET

GojiMet86

My mom alerted me to this program. CNBC has an Ultimate Factories, and tonight's episode at 9 P.M. will be on the MTA:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48624403/

NY Subway Car- Premieres Friday, October 5th 9 12a ET

The newest member of New York’s subway fleet is the R-160 but where does it all begin? At first it’s just sheets of metal in Sao Paulo, Brazil where human skill, fire, and steel come together to build the body shell. After a month-long voyage, the body arrives in Hornell, NY for final assembly, motor installation, and testing. This 85,000 lb. car is built to last 40 years, to withstand the force of 1.6 billion riders per year, and survive in one of the world's toughest environments - New York City.

http://video.cnbc.co...ideo=3000119901

I feel this may be just like the other shows.

Yeah, I actually recorded a show last week or something and called myself watching it and it was so BORING that I just deleted it from my list of recorded shows. :lol: Let's hope this isn't a repeat performance. It's times like this that I want to curse the NHL for locking out the players.

Yeah, I actually recorded a show last week or something and called myself watching it and it was so BORING that I just deleted it from my list of recorded shows. :lol: Let's hope this isn't a repeat performance. It's times like this that I want to curse the NHL for locking out the players.

These shows aren't really fun to watch! There have been 10 million shows about R160's.

Nothing wrong with documentary shows. I like them. 'To each his own' I guess... If the subject matter is interesting, I don't really mind. Modern Marvels is one of my favorite documentary shows and Megastructures/Ultimate Factory.

Nothing wrong with documentary shows. I like them. 'To each his own' I guess... If the subject matter is interesting, I don't really mind. Modern Marvels is one of my favorite documentary shows and Megastructures/Ultimate Factory.

Not to get off topic but to reply to Concourse. If done right documentary can be entertaining. Just look at Ken Burns with the "Civil War" and "History of Baseball" historic documentaries.. Working as a Teaching staff last few years, that what i show the students especially when i am a substitute teacher.

Just viewing that 2-minute preview I did not know Brazil had a role in building the R-160's.

Archived