Brooklyn 7-Eleven Employees Strip And Beat Suspected Shoplifter

Nexis4Jersey

Excessive force is an understatement.

This is ridiculous. The franchisee is going to be in a lot of hot water for this. Should this man takes this to court, and wins/receives a settlement (rightfully so), the franchisee is going to be at a greater loss than had he left

Most ridiculous. Stupid prick recording isn't helping his homie (sounds like they are).

Lastly, it is not shown in the video that he actually stole anything (which helps his in the situation), but had he, the store owners had no right to assult him and strip him of his clothing.

I know it's wrong, but I laughed way too hard at that... They stripped him and BIT him? 0:33, that's some cinematic gold. You see something new everyday. Clearly way out of line, surprised this hasn't made it over to WSHH yet...

Quote of the video:

Naked Cowboy: "Don't try to trip me man!"

Narrator: "Trip you?! They stripped you!!"

http://www.nypost.co...OMj2JQU8WAdewUO

When cops arrived, they cuffed Golson – who had an outstanding warrant for an earlier arrest. They charged him with robbery, assault, criminal mischief and criminal possession of stolen property.

Police sources said the workers were not changed with any crimes because Golson tried to attack them and knock over shelves after they first approached him — something that wasn’t caught on the smart phone.

“That’s why he was hemmed up,” a source said. “They grabbed him, and prevented him from leaving the store. That’s why he ended up with his clothes off. They kept getting torn off as they tried to hold him.”

A 7-11 spokeswoman said the chain is “horrified about the video,” adding, “We do not condone restraining any customer.”

She said she “believes” Golson previously shoplifted in the shop.

One employee was fired while two others will be required to re-take a 7-Eleven training course, she said.

Just to point this out to everyone.

http://www.nypost.co...OMj2JQU8WAdewUO

When cops arrived, they cuffed Golson – who had an outstanding warrant for an earlier arrest. They charged him with robbery, assault, criminal mischief and criminal possession of stolen property.

Police sources said the workers were not changed with any crimes because Golson tried to attack them and knock over shelves after they first approached him — something that wasn’t caught on the smart phone.

“That’s why he was hemmed up,” a source said. “They grabbed him, and prevented him from leaving the store. That’s why he ended up with his clothes off. They kept getting torn off as they tried to hold him.”

A 7-11 spokeswoman said the chain is “horrified about the video,” adding, “We do not condone restraining any customer.”

She said she “believes” Golson previously shoplifted in the shop.

One employee was fired while two others will be required to re-take a 7-Eleven training course, she said.

Just to point this out to everyone.

May I retract my earlier statement, as it has been proven the "victim" was instigating.

How in the hell they managed to rip all his clothes off is beyond me...found this somewhat hilarious

I go there whenever im downtown, they are pretty much nice in there.

Side note: one of the people talking in there sounded like Tyler the Creator...or is it just me

YAY!!!!! HAHAHA This is what happens when you try to jack 7-11 BITCH!!!!!

Dude, shut up...really

How in the hell they managed to rip all his clothes off is beyond me...found this somewhat hilarious

I go there whenever im downtown, they are pretty much nice in there.

Side note: one of the people talking in there sounded like Tyler the Creator...or is it just me

Dude, shut up...really

CALM DOWN buddy not so serious

Homeboy was feasting on that dude's back - Buffy the vampire slayer type isht.....

Dude got a vicegrip on them boxers too... Don't know what that's all about though.....

I don't think they ever called the police, or hit any silent alarm or anything... They probably stripped dude to embarrass him; a form of street justice....

But *Dead* @ 2:04 - "This is rivickulous, for some snickers?"

(as in michael vick... as in dogfighting... as in biting)

...and LMAO @ Fresh pond... I swear you beat me to that....

Out of pure stupidity. Think about it, they work at a no brainer clerk job at a convenience store..... This is certainly a case of the better of the two idiots, stupid perp and stupid clerk. Dumb and dumber all around.

Well didn't know 7-11 endorses cannibalism. These guys are taking their job a little bit too seriously. Why did he try and bite the lifter?

Read above comment. We have some really bright and gifted individuals in this city. At that note i guess I'lll be looking for the decapitated finger in my food next time I buy something there lol

YAY!!!!! HAHAHA This is what happens when you try to jack 7-11 BITCH!!!!!

Yeah dude but I don't think that was necessary. They should have been better trained to contact the police. That would be the smart thing to do. But again, we can't expect common sense out of the idiots 7-11 hires

Yeah dude but I don't think that was necessary. They should have been better trained to contact the police. That would be the smart thing to do. But again, we can't expect common sense out of the idiots 7-11 hires

I worked at 7-11 at my teen years, are you saying I'm an idiot? Get over yourself.

At people bashing on qjtransitmaster ; everyone is entitled to their own comments and opinions, I don't know why you guys can't just ignore it and leave it alone.

At this incident, all I can say is...welcome to New York. Jokes aside....who am I kidding, I still laughed throughout the whole video.

I worked at 7-11 at my teen years, are you saying I'm an idiot? Get over yourself.

At people bashing on qjtransitmaster ; everyone is entitled to their own comments and opinions, I don't know why you guys can't just ignore it and leave it alone.

At this incident, all I can say is...welcome to New York. Jokes aside....who am I kidding, I still laughed throughout the whole video.

You know what? If I really was referring to YOU as an idiot believe me you will know.

LOL @ realizm, honestly if you have to imply it like that, you then have no idea what you are talking about. But since this little "conversation" has nothing to do with the original topic at hand, I will not continue to "argue" with you.

LMAO!!! :lol: I've heard of being beaten like you stole something, but stripped?? LOL!!

I think there was another video floating around YouTube showcasing another guy getting beaten in a store to the point of being stripped as well. Though it may have no counted since he didn't have a shirt on at the first place. But all in all, still highly amusing.

LOL @ realizm, honestly if you have to imply it like that, you then have no idea what you are talking about. But since this little "conversation" has nothing to do with the original topic at hand, I will not continue to "argue" with you.

There's the PM function. Use it if you want to continue your thread to thread tirade over comments I post. I'm all ears.

And yet you scream with bigotry against people of middle eastern descent and always making indirect references to people who are poor as lowlives to say the least. Let me add you are in support of police brutality. It shows with every discussion we've ever had since day 1.

Are you in support of heinous crimes committed by US servicemen? I guess so, that shows in your comments as of late.

As for Mitt, no I don't like him, but that's besides the point, particularly when I don't support the Obama Administration either.

And like it or not Asian female fetishism is a form of racism that of course you deny, as much of the fact that it is. Despite the plethera of references I've provided from civil rights activists.

Again, there is the PM function. Use it at your convenience.

You`re elitist bigotry is stunning

There are no left-leaning elitist bigots. Go ahead...ask them, they'll just tell you that they're "educated".

Par for the course.

As for the topic at hand, I found that an excellent way to not get stripped and beaten in a 7-Eleven is to simply not shoplift. Works wonders.

And yet you scream with bigotry against people of middle eastern descent and always making indirect references to people who are poor as lowlives to say the least. Let me add you are in support of police brutality. It shows with every discussion we've ever had since day 1.

As for Mitt, no I don't like him, but that's besides the point, particularly when I don't support the Obama Administration either.

Again, there is the PM function. Use it at your convenience.

what bigotry at middle easterners? I have always made the distinction between muslims and jihadists.there is a difference. the problem with you elitists is you sit behind your keyboard and when someone of any group does wrong, you lump EVERYONE from that group with the wrongdoers. That sir is the definition of Bigotry. and forget the pm function, i dont play that game, when you or others show your elitist bigotry, i will answer it here

joe

Looks like someone will have to be the better man. Im removing myself from this discussion for the sake of not giving you the incentive to derail the thread or start a flame over lies since you refuse to bring this to PM so others can discuss the original topic. But for the record I can see clearly you have issues as an bigoted elitist yourself. In fact many people called you out for it in the past in recent memory.

I'm done.

what bigotry at middle easterners? I have always made the distinction between muslims and jihadists.there is a difference. the problem with you elitists is you sit behind your keyboard and when someone of any group does wrong, you lump EVERYONE from that group with the wrongdoers. That sir is the definition of Bigotry. and forget the pm function, i dont play that game, when you or others show your elitist bigotry, i will answer it here

joe

You're the elitist one. You think every liberal is a Commie hell bent on destroying the fabric of society. You're the one that keeps lumping Muslims and jihadists together and calling them savages.

Archived